[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sega SG-1000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 320px-Sg1000.jpg (11KB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Sg1000.jpg
11KB, 320x193px
Any interesting games on this thing?
>>
Of course not.
>>
Is basically a Coleco Vision, the only game I can think of off the top of my head it has that Coleco doesn't is Wonder Boy 1.
>>
File: The Castle.jpg (127KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
The Castle.jpg
127KB, 800x1137px
>>4062991
Imo, The Castle is the best SG-1000 game.

Girl's Garden can be fun for some minutes as well.
>>
>>4062991
Congo Bongo is decent, the Smurfs game is a pretty good platformer.
>>
>>4063029
Cool reccs. The Castle is pretty fun, I'm confused by the configurable speed though, couldn't they have a medium instead of super slow and fast as shit?
>>
>>4063029
This is seriously a fantastic game. The best that I've played for SG-1000.

Another dun game is Ninja Princess.
Snothet
>>
>>4064028
>dun*

*fun
>>
File: gulkave.jpg (111KB, 640x878px) Image search: [Google]
gulkave.jpg
111KB, 640x878px
Borderline and Safari Hunting are two cool arcade games that right now are lacking sound in MAME, although Safari Hunting isn't as good as its arcade counterpart, Tranquilizer Gun.

Gulkave is awesome, definitely play that.

There's a cool version of Monaco GP that plays more like Bump and Jump, it has a jump button. There's also Super Tank, which is a sort-of port of another Sega arcade game, Heavy Metal.

Girl's Garden and Pacar are great, simple action games. Golgo 13, GP World, Orguss and Space Slalom are all pretty cool as well.
>>
>>4062991
SEGA Pitfall II
Gulkave
Star Jacker
Hustle Chumy
>>
>>4063014
What about all the tape games?
>>
here's some stuff I like
>exerion
not a great port because it's stripped back, but it's got decent movement characteristics (nicer than on NES, at least)
>Hang-On II
like the SMS version, but with SG-1000 limits and different courses, pretty cool
>GP World
actually fantastic Pole Position style racing game, has a track editor
cool grahics for the machine with the "linescroll" style road
>Gulkave
very intense Compile shooter, excellent graphics for the machine, has the issue that it repeats enemy patterns heavily to pad it out to make it longer despite the small ROM size
>The Castle
very Euro-style puzzle platformer (but made by nips), definitely worht a play
uses on-board RAM because the game's big
>Champion Billiards
made by the Lunar Pool devs and plays similarly, has slopes as the gimmick and you can shatter balls to remove them from play
>Ninja Princess
decent port of the arcade, ignores the lack of scrolling by advancing the screen in "pages" after moving to the edge
also on SMS as "The Ninja" though
>Star Jacker
decent scrolling shooter with the gimmick being that you control a whole trail of ships at once

might be missing a (small) handful good games, but this is some of my favorite stuff
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.