[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on these two controllers for retro games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Wii-U-switch-Pro-Controller.jpg (54KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Wii-U-switch-Pro-Controller.jpg
54KB, 800x534px
What's your opinion on these two controllers for retro games? Mostly NES, SNES, GameBoy, Mega Drive/Genesis, etc.

Other than the originals, are there better wireless alternatives out there?
>>
>>4062743
The XBox One is a better emulation controller. It's the best built controller this millennium and the best thing to come out of console gaming in the past 3 generations. True plugnplay option for windows also. Stay away from past Xbox controllers. They're cheap but absolute garbage.

Little reason to buy the Nintendo controllers. The Wii U is very ergonomic though. Haven't tried the overpriced switch controller. I'm told the drivers you can install are good now but I tried using the Wii U controller when it came out and it was a mess.

Do your own research of course and ymmv. Just note that 99% of controller reviews you see out there are by retards that couldn't tell you specification about a controller and do minimal if any compatibility testing.
>>
>>4062743
Switch controller is basically god-tier, and has a better D-Pad than the Wii U pro controller, which is quite nice too. This anon >>4062764 is 100% right though, about everything. Switch controller D-Pad is better, but the X1 D-pad is a HUGE lead forward from the 360's, and everything else about it is basically perfect. The plug and play with Windows is important too, and it's cheaper than the Switch Pro Controller. Main reason why I can't into PS4 is because the Dual Shock is just so flawed, whereas the X1 controller is great for everything, retro, modern, emulation, whatever.
>>
>>4062764
I have both the Wii U pro and Switch and tried the Xbox One at a shop.
The Wii U Pro needs custom drivers and stuff but the Switch Pro is a standard Bluetooth controller. It works natively on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, etc etc.

The Xbox One controller has clicky shoulder buttons and analog triggers, which is a drawback IMO. Both the triggers and shoulder buttons feel like normal buttons on the Swith Pro, which I love.

Anyone knows if there's any mod to fix the Switch Pro D-pad? It's not too bad but it could be better.
>>
>>4062776
I think it just needs to be broken in, it's a little stiff but feels great after a few hours in MK8 Deluxe, imho
>>
>>4062764
The D-Pads on all Xbox Controllers are the worst. It's so inaccurate, it hurts.
>>
>>4062780
>I've never used an Xbox One controller
>>
>>4062775
>The plug and play with Windows is important too

Switch Pro is detected as a standard universal Bluetooth controller, so it's natively supported by Windows.

>>4062779
>>4062775
Really? I thought the D-pad was worst than the Wii U Pro.
What do you use the D-pad on MK8 for? I don't remember.
>>
>>4062764
The d-pad is a bit too clicky and too short of a throw on the Xbone controller though. Wii U Pro Controller and DS4 are better for retro stuff.

The best option is to just buy the iBuffulo SNES controller.
>>
>>4062775
>Switch controller D-Pad is better, but the X1 D-pad is a HUGE lead forward from the 360's
I can say it's personal preference but they are are both Nintendo style crosses. The Nintendo one is standard membrane and the Microsoft is tactile switches.
>>4062776
>The Xbox One controller has clicky shoulder buttons and analog triggers, which is a drawback IMO.
The SEGA style triggers are a plus in my book.

>Anyone knows if there's any mod to fix the Switch Pro D-pad? It's not too bad but it could be better.
What's bad about it?
>>4062780
You're an idiot.
>>
>>4062790
I like you anon.
>>
>>4062781
I have one.
>>
>>4062790
>What's bad about it?
Dunno, I feel it's a bit hard to transition from right to left for example and not hit down or up.

But it might need a bit of break-in, as the other anon said.
>>
>>4062794
Could be a bigger problem with just how the controller is held. Idk.
>>4062792
Good shitpost then.
>>
>>4062743
Many switch pro controllers have faulty dpads and need to be sent in for repair. Nintendo did a good job there.
>>
>>4063078
citation needed
>>
The new bluetooth Xbox one controller has fucked up compatibility issues thanks to new software from Microsoft. It's perfect for games that natively support it but it makes it incredibly frustrating to set up key binds on emulators
>>
>>4063078
Where can I get more info on that? What's a faulty d-pad?

>>4063207
MS in charge of standards. It's lovely how they tried to kill DirectInput and launch an inferior API (XInput) to try and vendor-lock Windows to Xbox controllers exclusively.
>>
8Bitdo controllers are very great, they feel almost exactly like the original controllers (especially the Super Famicom/Super NES ones since the Famicom/NES ones have two additional face buttons and two shoulder buttons that weren't on the original controllers) and they can be used on a plethora of systems, even the AV Famicom/NES and the Super Famicom/Super NES.

Also, when played on original hardware with the Retro Receiver by 8Bitdo and Analogue for both the AV Famicom/NES and the Super Famicom/Super NES.

Get the 8Bitdo controllers if you really want wireless controllers on original Famicom/NES and Super Famicom/Super NES hardware.
I still prefer the original controllers, anyway.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.