[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beat a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (38KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 320x224px
I beat Robocop vs Terminator yesterday. Did you beat a game lately? Why don't you go beat one right now?
>>
im in the process of beating system shock again
>>
>>4062506
>playing games instead of just complaining about them

Now why the hell would i do that?
>>
I recently bear Chrono Trigger with a waifu-only party (Ayla, Marle, Lucca). They actually make a surprisingly strong group. Granted the game is piss-easy in general.
>>
But I have to study. ;__;
>>
I beat megaman
fuck yellow devil
>>
I beat one of the PSX VOTOMS games yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAxtT5abuf4
Does it look bad? It controls worse.
>>
>>4062534
>Marle
>Surprisingly strong
>>
>>4062506
I just finished Faxanadu on my New 3DSXL.

Good game but it could have been better without the fucking programmation bugs.
>>
>>4063018
>programmation
That ain't fucking english
>>
>>4062506
>I beat Robocop vs Terminator yesterday.
Now play the SNES version senpai. It's different from Genesis, the focus is a bit more on navigating the deeper level design, the presentation value is higher and it's less arcadey. Different kinda music, too. It also has these first person kinda tank levels. Two great games, similar, but different. Definitely check it out.

I just played through REmake on Survivor, right after beating it on Hard and Normal difficulties. It was amazing.
>>
I beat Splatterhouse 3, Japanese version, normal difficulty. Even though it said the worm feasted on Jennifer's brain, everybody lived. Guess Rick will have to spoon feed her applesauce from now on.
>>
>>4062506
Don't tell me how to live my life.
>>
i "beat" wonder boy in monster lair on Mame, with the help of countless coins. i got really angry because if you lose just once against the last boss, all your coins are useless and you're thrown back to the begining of the game. this is pure scam for people who had to pay real money, plus you have to die a few dozen times to learn his patterns. i can't believe they got away with this
>>
Megaman 6
Already did 2, 3
Will probably then do 4, then 1
not 5 because screw that
>>
>>4062506
I beat FFIII the other day, and now I'm working on Super Mario RPG. FFIII really gets some deep motivational feels in the later part of the game. All about surviving a time of ruin and alienation to find that fighting spirit and what life is all about. Very good. Eyes most definitely moist.
>>
Recently beaten
Super Mario RPG
Yoshi's Island
The Original Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
Maximum Carnage
Ending up sitting down and beating Super Mario World for about the millionth time last night since I was bored.
Currently working on Final Fantasy III (VI) for SNES.
>>
>>4062506
I'm the kind of person who plays many games regularly so I only beat a game when I recently found out about it and I haven't beaten it before.
>>
File: RvsTsms.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RvsTsms.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>4062506
Best theme song coming through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtRkJcf8ZQ
>>
My latest retro vidya beaten was Metroid 1 and then Zero Mission for GBA
I kinda feel like playing one of the wonder boy games now or maybe Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>4062526
Because this isn't /v/.
>>
>>4064102
i recently beat doki doki picnic, aka smb2 in usa
>>
>>4062506
I beat Grand Master. Surprisingly fun little game.
>>
File: IMAG0226.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0226.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
My dick grew 3 sizes that day, so 3 inches now.
>>
>>4063948
i love stuff like this, it prevents richfags/casuals from credit-feeding through game and then claiming they've beaten it, it's a money grab sure, but it also shows that they cared about players putting in some effort.
>i can't believe they got away with this
plenty of shmups got away with locking casuals from second loop and true last boss.
>>
im about to finish pokemon silver, may not beat a level 80 red but eh, i got there. im debating whther to go dragon quest 2 or maybe dragon quest monsters.
>>
File: 20170616025851_1.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170616025851_1.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
i beat quake a few days ago, still want more so im playing through the mission packs and mods
>>
>>4062506
I beat SOTN last night, 200.6%.

Took a few extra hours due to farming for runeblade, but everything was a cake walk after that.
>>
File: Toy_Story_2_PC_Cover.jpg (85KB, 413x500px) Image search: [Google]
Toy_Story_2_PC_Cover.jpg
85KB, 413x500px
>>4062506
I beat that Toy Story 2 game today.
Easy as fuck kids game but it was a delightful ride.
>>
>>4062534
Somehow I got stuck end level, with Lavos available to jump there and he kills my party one shot. Any hints guys?
>>
>>4064090
Im underleveled and stuck in kefka tower lol
>>
>>4069754
iirc Wardner does the exact same thing. Shinobi doesn't let you continue for the entire last level. there are probably lots and lots of other examples.

>>4069754
>plenty of shmups got away with locking casuals from second loop and true last boss.

that would be a reward rather than a punishment. hidden content is fun, getting kicked in the nuts, less so.
>>
>>4063948
Shinobi also does this.
>>
File: 256px-Brave_Fencer_Musashi.jpg (26KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Brave_Fencer_Musashi.jpg
26KB, 256x256px
Finished OoT and Brave Fencer Musashi recently. Musashi was a lot of fun. Easy but fulfilling game to do completionist on. OoT kinda felt meh.
>>
>>4075020
>that would be a reward rather than a punishment
it's more of a bonus content i guess, but you don't get to know the entire story, for example in donpachi.
>>
I usually read /vr/, get myself hyped and committed to start playing a retro game. I play for an hour and get bored and perhaps start another one the next week and repeat.
>>
>>4075160
i used to play 10 games at a time to combat that, but eventually focusing on one started to be enjoyable, i play something else only when i know i'll meet a daily goal of 2-3 hours. it's fulfilling to work on clearing a hard game, though if i can't do it in 40 i take a break.
>>
>>4071452
Do the final dungeon, the floating spaceship. It's a massive XP farm and has a ton of great loot. Make sure to bring Ayla with the Charm Top because nearly every enemy has endgame loot to steal.
>>
File: 1490204219945.gif (3MB, 408x218px) Image search: [Google]
1490204219945.gif
3MB, 408x218px
>>4063018
>programmation
>>
>>4062506
My wife and I beat Super Bomberman recently
>>
File: PowerStrikeII-SMS-EU.jpg (481KB, 1500x955px) Image search: [Google]
PowerStrikeII-SMS-EU.jpg
481KB, 1500x955px
>>4062506
i gonna beat power strike 2
>>
>paly games
/vr/ cares only about collections and fapping at tv
>>
Chiki Chiki Boys on genesis
its so charming and fun
>>
>>4062506
most recent beat was FFVIII
>>
>>4062506
I just beat castlevania bloodlines, getting used to the stiff jump took a while but its all good
>>
>>4062506
I beat super back to the future 2
>>
I 1cc'd Splatterhouse for the billionth time
>>
>>4075070
I remember musashi not having camera controls so awkward
>>
>>4062506
just beat demon's crest yesterday, had never played it before until a friend of mine lent it to me. Also beat Art of Fighting today, and plannning on do a normal 1cc of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil around 2-3 AM (does it even count as /vr/?). Don't know what to play next tho... Any good action platformers on Dreamcast? I've bought a modded one that came with a buttload of games, and only ever played cannon spike, rival schools, power stone and crazy taxi on it. Is it a good console to play skies of arcadia, or is there an objectivelly better version in any other console?
>>
>>4062506
what version is that?, I'm playing the gameboy colored version
>>
>>4075203
wtf dude, if gaming is boring for you, don't do it
>>
>>4081360
genesis/mega drive

it is pretty good
>>
>>4062506
I just beat FF5 and am figuring out what to play next. Might be something on PS1 like Dino Crisis.
>>
>>4081368
i never said it's boring, gaming is the most fun thing for me. it's just that i learned not to jump from one game to another.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.