[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RE Code Veronica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1.jpg (28KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 300x305px
Is this game really as bad as /vr/ claims it is? Thinking of buying it. Recently played through REmake for the first time (normal, hard and survivor difficulties back to back) and was blown away by it. I want more but I'm worried this will disappoint in comparison.

Tbh I played through CV once as a kid but I barely remember it. I do remember liking it a lot though.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13204474

http://www.strawpoll.me/13204480
>>
>>4062317
>I want more but I'm worried this will disappoint in comparison.
Anon, everything will disappoint in comparison of REmake
IF you still want to play CV try the HD version
>>
>>4062363
>Anon, everything will disappoint in comparison of REmake
why tho
>>
>>4062317
Without a doubt, my favorite RE game.

Just play it again and make up your own mind.

More importantly stop making these /v/ tier threads.
>>
I didn't like it as much as the first three tbqh
the backgrounds were less detailed, it looked kinda foggy, certain characters were obnoxious and the story was kinda stupid even by RE standards (but not as much as the ones in 4 and beyond)
also it felt too long
but try it out anyway
>>
I say its worth a play if you loved the classic RE setup but its not quite as polished as the other entries. Also has issues but its not enough to make the game outright bad. Just mediocre.
>>
>>4062317
>as /vr/ claims it is
It's just that sperg NESfag. He doesn't even have a valid point against it other than "lol there's no item box before that one boss fight" which isn't even a problem because you can see the fight coming from a million miles away.
>>
The game is a bit more anal about inventory management because of the way it's structured, taking or not taking certain items with a certain character can fuck you over at later parts of the game, mostly due to lack of fire power.

It's been a while so I don't remember the details, but you might want to look up a spoiler-free FAQ or something so you get an idea.
>>
>>4062317
It is perhaps the most challenging entry in the series but that is the best thing it has going for it compared to the others. Still a great game though.
>>
>>4062453

Yeah bringing back Wesker was retarded and this is really where the series went full LETS FIGHT COBR..I MEAN UMBRELLA!
>>
File: KNIFE.jpg (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KNIFE.jpg
137KB, 640x480px
>>4062592
>It is perhaps the most challenging entry in the series

HAH HAH! No it's not. Not with that knife. Fuck it's the most piss easy of the original style.
>>
>>4062317
CV is the last Resident Evil game that still played like a RE game. After that, it was all shooter nonsense and remakes.
>>
>>4063032
Lel admittedly I don't recall ever using the knife.
>>
Be VERY conservative with ammo, I tried playing through around a year ago and liberally used my ammo until I got to a certain boss, and it was literally impossible for me to beat him, and since it was on an airplane in the sky I would have had to restart the entire game to be able to beat him so I rage quitted and still have yet to pick the game back up.
Also utilize multiple saves if possible as well to prevent something like that.
I love this game besides that part, but I love most of the old school REs, not sure where you saw people on this board hating on this game.
>>
>>4063212

It's a fuck damn sword in Code V. It will everything easily up to and including the bandersnatch. By the time I boxed it I was up to my tits in ammo
>>
>>4063223
I finished Code Veronica for the first time with like 200~ handgun rounds. Used other weapons only for bosses and harder enemies.

Naturally I'm really autistic about conserving ammo, but in RE:CV is just really easy to dodge enemies in my opinion (especially zombies and the big arm dudes).

And a lot of people hate on CV. It's my favorite game of the franchise, but it's obvious because I had a Dreamcast and played this game like crazy.
>>
>>4063237
I think that and 3 were my favorites, though admittedly I have yet to play through 2, and only played through the DS version of original 1 and not extended remake. 4 was very good but ruined the series imo. I wasn't aware it got hate on, but I loved CV especially on Dreamcast.
>>
File: star+wars+humor[1].jpg (29KB, 540x317px) Image search: [Google]
star+wars+humor[1].jpg
29KB, 540x317px
>>4063224
>Game is very long and ammo is scarce
>Starting to run on vapors
>Be forced to use the knife
>tfw

For me, CV is a far better experience than 3
>>
>>4063223
>and since it was on an airplane in the sky
which awesome airline was this? and goddamn how long were you flying for?
>>
re3 best re
>>
>>4062317
/vr/ doesn't claim anything. But underage /v/tards who are lost and confused often do make claims here.
>>
Somewhat of a controversial entry.
Back in the day everyone shat on this game, period.
Today it has seen a resurgence in popularity by sheer contrarian nature, if you shit on something for YEARS at some point it's gonna develop a fanbase that will defend that thing, it's just how human beings work.

Personally i consider it garbage.
Garbage story, garbage voice acting (not the "haha this is so funny" typical RE garbage eiteher, straight up cringy shit instead), horrible gameplay, terrible enemies, boring ass locations, it also looks like shit no matter what version you play.

I consider RE0 to be better than this, and you have no idea how much i despise RE0.
Basically you're gonna find fags defending the game but it's always been trash and they're just in denial and want to be snowflakes.
>>
File: 2000 ign amazing.jpg (47KB, 284x568px) Image search: [Google]
2000 ign amazing.jpg
47KB, 284x568px
>>4063624
>Back in the day everyone shat on this game, period
>>
File: 2001 GameSpot editor's choice.jpg (104KB, 997x427px) Image search: [Google]
2001 GameSpot editor's choice.jpg
104KB, 997x427px
>>4063624
>shit on something for YEARS
>>
File: 2001 GamePro editor's choice.jpg (62KB, 910x342px) Image search: [Google]
2001 GamePro editor's choice.jpg
62KB, 910x342px
>>4063624
>it's always been trash
>>
File: God_Hand_vs_Party_Babyz.jpg (190KB, 1007x891px) Image search: [Google]
God_Hand_vs_Party_Babyz.jpg
190KB, 1007x891px
>>4063673
>>4063674
>>4063678
Don't play this game with me, fuckboy.
((video game journalist)) ((reviews)) don't mean jack shit, you only bring 'em up when you think it's convenient to you.
>>
>>4062317
i think it had some unbeatable conditions.

yup, looked it up. i wasn't dreaming. I remember having to grind through this game a few times to get it right. that's not good.
>>
>>4063681
Yeah no. I didn't hear anyone shitting on CV until after RE4, and come to think of it, it was probably the RE4 cancer denouncing it to begin with.

That said, I don't like the game either lul, but way better the RE0.
>>
File: 2000 EGM solid gold.jpg (2MB, 2400x2200px) Image search: [Google]
2000 EGM solid gold.jpg
2MB, 2400x2200px
>>4063681
3/28/2000 rec.games.sega SibHuskyFan wrote:
> Damn, this game is freakin awesome. I just picked this up today, and I'm
> glad they got it after the store I shop at said they would get into today,
> unfortunately I had to wait till 4pm pst in order to get it and there was a
> long ol line at the store too for this game. Well i've only put in about
> 30 minutes of it, but all i can say is WOW!!!!! Looks like Alundra 2,
> Rayman 2, TimeStalker(when released tomorrow, and Front Mission 3 are going
> to have to sit on my shelves awhile until I'm finished with this game.
> I'll start with the graphics. These graphics are so mind blowing, you
> won't believe how many times you'll tell yourself how real Claire looks in
> the real time FMV. It looks as if Capcom took some chick and put her into
> the game, she looks so freakin real it's unbelievable. The ambience of
> this game is cool too, without giving away any detail to the game, the
> background noise and graphics will simply blow you away and everything is
> so crisp and clear compared to the PSX Resident Evils. I've only seen one
> true FMV so far in this game, and that was at the beginning all the others
> I've seen have been the in game FMV, but the one FMV I did see looks as if
> this should belong in a motion picture. Everything is so fast and
> obviously looks as if they did some motion capturing, because claire moves
> so realisticly. The acting in this game is semi-decent. The action takes place
> right away, and in the first 30 minutes i've had plenty of heart jumpers.
> Man words can't even describe anymore how great this game is, if you were
> thinking about picking it up....don't think about it anymore, GO DO IT.
> Even if you've played past RE before, don't deny yourself this game. This
> game is truly meant to be enjoyed by all. This game is probably one of the
> best games for the DC so far. I highly recommend it, and will definantly
> never sell this one.
>>
>>4063698
I think he's probably just a Nintendrone. The Gamecube port wasn't great and it came out so much later, close to RE4 that if you never played a Dreamcast or PS2 prior to 2005 you probably have a very different perspective on CV.
>>
>>4063624
It was reviewed well though and people actually liked it. You sure you aren't what >>4063594 was referring to?

Actually I've only ever noticed the "CV is bad" meme on /vr/, never saw it anywhere before this board.
>>
>>4063224
This. Wesker's Battle Mode was supposed to be challenging but it was far too easy since the knife is so OP and Wesker had double health
>>
>>4063237
It's my favorite too, because it was the first "Next Gen" Resident Evil, so I played it to death on Dreamcast. Did the speedruns, got the Infinite Rock Launcher and Linear Launcher, knew the story inside out

I'm also one of the few people who hates the Wesker love from the added PS2 cutscenes
>>
It was alright but had some BS that would catch you off guard the first time through like the fire extinguisher.
>>
Best save room music in the series
Very comfy
Excellent "barebones" RE experience, as in exploration, key collecting, backtracking, etc
Unique atmosphere that should be appreciated for what it was - a one time dreamcast spinoff
Pretty long for a RE
Best Chris design in the series

Shit plot.
>>
>>4063924
my dick has the best save room music m8
>>
>>4063624
back in the day ppl loved this game you newfag
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.