[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sakura Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: SakuraWars.jpg (172KB, 1505x975px) Image search: [Google]
SakuraWars.jpg
172KB, 1505x975px
Been wanting to play this for a long time but where to start? The first game on Saturn or the anime, of which there was a TV series and an OVA and a film... so much stuff, where do I start?
>>
There are two animes, an OVA series in the 90s and a Madhouse cour in the 2000s. Neither tell the story of the games so you won't be spoiled much.
>>
The Saturn game got Dreamcast and PSP ports as well as a PS2 remake subtitled Atsuki Chishio Ni.
Any version is fine, really.
>>
>>4061758
Oh, and there's also a Windows 98 port.
>>
I"m actually stuck at episode 5, slowly making progress.
>>
Most of the anime aren't required for understanding the series but they occasionally fill in gaps between the games; Sumire's retirement is the only one that I would call a must-watch. If you want to watch and play everything, just do it in release order. Only the four mainline games are necessary, remakes are fine since they usually don't dramatically alter things (the PS2 remake of 3 probably has the most changes, it might actually be worth it to play both), the side games generally don't add much in terms of story but are fun diversions if you like the characters. ST5 isn't /vr/ which conveniently means we don't have to talk about it.
>>
>>4061745
Just play only the DC versions, all of the game are on the console and you can import the save.
PC version should be identical if you don't have a DC.
>>
>>4064179
Just boot em with the utopia boot disc right?
>>
File: PC_version.jpg (703KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
PC_version.jpg
703KB, 2592x1944px
I never opened the game discs (they are individually wrapped). Only opened to see the cool pen encased in a wooden box with velvet interiors. At that time I was on Windows 2000 so I couldn't play it anyway. Today I was messing around with my 486DX4 and I realized I should have installed J-Win98SE instead of regular Win98SE (actually, I need a better computer first to J-Win98SE). I think there are English patches and torrent downloads of the PC games now.

If Japanese is not an issue, then the Dreamcast would be the platform of choice for this series.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.