[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it cheating? It does give you an /advantage/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: adv01[1].jpg (213KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
adv01[1].jpg
213KB, 1024x683px
Is it cheating? It does give you an /advantage/.
>>
Had one, only ever used it for Pinball. Preferred a D-Pad for pretty much any game.
>>
I hate holding down a sprint button on an arcade controller.
If platformers always had sprinting enabled then I would always use an arcade controller.
>>
Maybe it's because I never used one and I'm not much of an arcade guy, but I can't imagine any scenario where this thing would be comfortable to use.
>>
>>4060864
The only reason to ever use a stick is for fighting games, of which the NES had zero.

>inb4 Joy Mech Fight and Karate Champ

Not real fighting games.
>>
File: trump wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px)
trump wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>4060904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHPelJ-Mow
>>
>>4060904
Contra and Rush'n Attack would be kind of cool with that controller
>>
>>4060912
Why would you ever play that version instead of the superior SNES one?
>>
>>4060904
shoot em ups
>>
>>4060918
D-pad gives you more precise control. It's much quicker to tap L/R than to move the entire stick since it has more ground to cover.
>>
>>4060915
Rush'n attack would be so much more enjoyable if they put jumping on A instead of up. Also, fuck those ladders you get glued to whenever you touch one midair, only to get jumped by some Spetsnaz kung-fu warrior.

It's actually possible to crouch (and attack) while jumping. Did you know? It's very hard to pull off and practically useless, but it looks funny as hell.
>>
>>4060917
I think the point he was making was that the one anon said there are zero fighting games on the nes, which is not true not that youd ever want to play it. very limited selection like RPGs on the Dreamcast, not a lot of options

It's not bad though, kinda unfair to compare it to the snes/genesis versions. It's pretty good for the nes and the music is amazing. The bonus stages are cool and the orb mechanic was different. Shredder is broken as hell though.

>>4060864
>>4060918

The advantage is great for Gradius, life force, silver surfer. Also the turtles 2/3, mighty final fight, river city ransom, Double dragons, really feels appropriate for games like that. Not that good for stuff like mario though, like another anon said, holding the run button is annoying on that thing.
>>
>>4060864

I love mine. It's way better than the regular controller. It doesn't have hard corners that dig into your hands and it makes arcade game ports more faithful. Also better for big hands.
>>
>>4060920
This. This this this this. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS

LOOK LOOK LOOK

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS ALRIGHT
THIS T
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>4061403
It's personal preference, sperglord
>>
>>4061609
You
are
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
>>
gun.smoke try the game without the advantage then try it with
>>
>>4061403
It's gonna be a long summer
>>
>>4060864
Not unless you use slow or turbo.

Sticks sort of suck though. Harder to use, physically slower, lack the precision of a good dpad.

If it's your preference use it but you won't be getting any advantages out of it really outside of maybe not destroying your thumb with rapid shake motions.

Dpad > Stick > shitty dpad ~> shitty stick
>>
>>4060918
beat em ups too
>>
>>4061989
Arcade games too
>>
>>4060904
what a retard
>>
I wouldn't call it cheating, but rapid-firing in mega man is definitely way easier on stick

Love using my arcade stick for nes games. Don't really like the advantage much though
>>
I love it for topdown shooters.
With that said, I don't have the Quickshot joystick, which I'm sure is also good, if not better for that type of thing.
I really want one though, I'm aching for some 1943 action with the Quickshot.
>>
>>4060904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGA24wQsSQ
>>
>>4060904
Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (312KB, 960x540px)
Clipboard01.jpg
312KB, 960x540px
>>4062385
>Luigi bathing in lava
>"I'm-a feel A-OK!"

gotta love that c̶h̶i̶n̶k̶s̶h̶i̶t east asian mainland produce
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.