[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you consider this a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Top Gun.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Top Gun.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Would you consider this a bad game?
>>
I think it's a misunderstood game that isn't as conceptually sound or well executed as it could have been.

Thankfully there is a never talked about sequel that is actually AWESOME. Top Gun: Second Mission, though not the best "flight simcade" game on the NES (IMO that's Konami's Laser Attack, which feels more like Top Gun 3 despite being a "helicopter" game) improves considerably on the original. It also has really badass music and a not bad two player combat mode.

In fact, this was the game I had as a child, and didn't know it was Top Gun: Second Mission, I just knew it as Top Gun. So when I saw everybody complaining about it online when I grew up I was a little confused, because I liked Top Gun. Turns out I just liked the sequel.

If you can figure out the plane landing (spoilers: don't follow the shit ass instructions, it tells you what altitude and speed you need to be going so just match your speed and altitude to that) it's not so bad. The flying and shooting is pretty well done, although not as action packed and frantic as Second Mission or Laser Attack, so that leads to some occasional moments of just hanging around waiting for enemies or some shit. The targeting on enemies to launch missiles is also a pretty faithful translation of the dogfighting scenes in the movie (even though that isn't at all how dogfighting really works) so that feels cool too.

Is it the best game on the NES? No of course it isn't. But it doesn't deserve all the shit it gets from the "lol i cant land the plane" crowd and if you like this kind of NES seems-like-a-simulation-but-plays-like-arcade flight game, Top Gun is a decent choice. It's hell of a lot better than something like Airwolf (American OR Japanese version).
>>
>>4060126
Hell, if it's good enough for James Rolfe's dad to play, it's good enough for me.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.