[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Point and Click Recs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: TheLostCrown18.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TheLostCrown18.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
I know some of these games arent /vr/ but I've posted this in /v/ 4 times with no responses:

Finally finished Lost Crown, fun game but awfully slow.By far the best moments are pic related.
What are other good adventure P&C style games? Can be true point and click, or 3D roaming.

I searched on steam and i guess it falls under the "indie adventure" category. Game demos I've played; Shadow over Isolation, The Land of Pain, and Dishonored

Others I've played:
Scratches
Barrow Hill
Penumbra
Titanic Adventure out of time
Black Mirror
various agatha christie games
Mummy (interplay)
Frankenstein (interplay)
Darkness Within
>>
>>4059881
>I searched on steam
not retro

>Titanic Adventure out of time
>Mummy (interplay)
>Frankenstein (interplay)
are the rest all modern 3d roaming?

forget steam, theres tons of adventures from 90s early 2000s

>Myst
the 90s version is PnC, then there is a remake in free roaming style
>lucas arts adventures
full throttle, do that one first pretty rad story
>sierra adventures
quite short, might be nice for emulations in dosbox on your mobile

emulators: dosbox, PCem, scummVM
the games you find ar archive.org or isozone

and then theres the AGS adventure engine, a free engine and a site filled with hundreds of amateur games,
>>
File: FRAN BOW 04.gif (711KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
FRAN BOW 04.gif
711KB, 1600x900px
>>4059881
Fran Bow is a must play.
>>
>>4060452
NOT. RETRO.
>>
>>4060228
I know some of what I posted isnt retro. I copied the thread over from /v/ but it still shows you what kinds of games I'm interested in.

Myst for sure I will probably tackle next. I'm well versed in dosbox emulation and all that so it shouldnt be a problem.
I'll hit up the Lucasarts games next
>>
Seems like you're into spoopy games, unfortunately the '90s were sort of a dead period for this niche, and before that the games tend to be annoyingly flawed. There's Shadow of the Comet, Prisoner of Ice, and Alone in the Dark, and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. Plus you can also play Clock Tower and Resident Evil, I suppose.

And then I must always recommend the seminal Longest Journey, which has a bit of everything.
>>
Definitely Grim Fandango.
>>
>>4060669
>I'm well versed in dosbox emulation
good, did you check scummVM? its native port for modern enviroments (even android) for lots of retro adventures, you just provide the original game data
>>
File: loom-4.png (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
loom-4.png
24KB, 320x240px
Loom

My favorite old school adventure game. It's just such a neat world, and the music interface is still rather novel.
>>
>>4061020
Second this.
And also dreamfall
>>
Dark Fall series
Barrow Hill sequel that recently came out
Alter Ego was enjoyable
Overclocked: A history of violence
Nibiru
The book of unwritten tales 1/2
The Whispered World and its sequel called Silence
>>
>>4060454
Neither is the Lost Crown in the original post.
>>
>>4059881
I recently played through Anna's Quest. It was cute.

Though I don't get why people are recommending the Longest Journey. The first one was good, but the second... ugh.

Also, stay away from Siberia. It's bad.
>>
Dracula series are a personal favorite.
>>
File: cyberia_3.png (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cyberia_3.png
121KB, 640x480px
>>4062246
>stay away from Cyberia

what did you fucking say to me you little shit? ill have you know im a master in gorilla hacking
>>
>>4062262
I never said Cyberia. I said Syberia.

they're two totally different games. Syberia is the mind-numbingly boring story about a corporate takeover, except the guy who you're actually supposed to take the company from is off on a field trip in some icy glaciar-filled wasteland or whatever. The first game is boring as shit and you just get on a train toward Syberia at the end and never actually get there. I never played the next ones.
>>
>>4059881
The lucasarts classics:
>Monkey Island 1-3
>Day of the Tentacle
>Grim Fandango
>Full Throttle
>Sam and Max Hit the Road

All fantastic. Though might not be your style based on what you've played, these are more absurdist humour based stories, but who knows, you might love them. They are great.
Newer games in the same style (especially reminiscent of Monkey Island) that are also great is the Deponia trilogy.
>>
>>4062272
latter Sam and Max games (episodic ones) are also top tier
>>
Phantasmagoria
I have no mouth and I must scream
>>
>>4062290
Only played season 1 of those, but it was pretty good yeah
>>
>>4062263
First game is good because you find bits and pieces and continue on your quest and in the end make the stupid decision to leave your NY life to find syberia. Second game is meh because of the retarded ending of the 1st. I haven't played the third one.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.