[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: SI_3DSVC_SuperMarioBros.jpg (391KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SI_3DSVC_SuperMarioBros.jpg
391KB, 2000x1000px
Trying to beat this game for the first time, I'm no platforming master though and keep dying to the Hammer Bros on 5-2. Any tips or advice?
>>
File: doctor's orders.jpg (8KB, 245x200px)
doctor's orders.jpg
8KB, 245x200px
This game is not that hard. Why is this a meme now? Fucking dodge. It's not that hard.
>>
The only levels that are even slightly challenging are in World 8. The game gets boring quick with a little practice.

There already is a thread about this here >>4059028 .
>>
http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/SuperMarioBrothers/SuperMarioBrosWorld5-2Map.html

Use that first mushroom block.
>>
dodge the hammers dude
>>
>>4059437
push right while holding B & jump wif the A button
>>
mushrrom make maro grow big
>>
>>4059454
I bet Mike Matei is somehow behind this. Did he just stream it or something?
>>
>>4059463
World 6 is harder than World 8.
The only thing hard about World 8 is the lack of mid-stage checkpoint.
>>
>>4059437
Honestly, 'git gud' is the only answer. You need to get a feel for the Hammer Brothers and hammer patterns.
>>
>>4060296
Please, don't be ridiculous. Even World 7 is very clearly more challenging than Wolrd 6.
>>
Learn how momentum effects Mario's jumps. Don't neglect that Run button, but also don't spam it and learn to be patient in high risk areas.

This is the only Mario game where coins and lives matter so maybe be mindful of that.
>>
>>4060339
>ever letting go of B unless it's for shooting fireballs
amateur
>>
>>4059478
>level sets you up with one hammer brother
>nice enough to give you a failsafe mushroom
>then introduces you to two hammer bros

I appreciate this.
>>
>>4060365
this
>>
>>4060365

I hope you like eating shit in those narrow hallways full of fire bars.
>>
>>4059437
Even the "masters" have a hard time with those faggots. 8-3 is especially fucked up when they keep coming at you on solid ground back to back. Shit's fucked up. The best advice I can give is to go through them at full speed and hope for the best. SMB doesn't really get tough until World 7, and World 8 is really fucking absurd.
>>
>>4060296
Nothing is harder than 8-3 and 8-4. 8-3 on its own is tough enough but having to complete 8-4 to finish off the game is just too much. 8-1 and 8-2 are really hard too but it's 8-3 is where it becomes too much.
>>
>>4060317
>patterns
I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure they act almost entirely at random. It also doesn't help that there's usually two of them together.
>>
Man, you guys are the reason we never got lost levels.
>>
>>4060975
8-3 isnt bad if you know where the power ups are hidden. You can go from mini to fire Mario before getting to any hammer bros who you cant kill with a jump from below, and fire Mario makes them easy.
>>
>>4059437
Go through the warp pads that take you to both world 4 and 8 (the first one is at the end of the second level above the warp pipe, and the second one on 4-2 in the area just after the blocks of coins which will have you go up on a vine).

Follow the patern in 8-4 and go under bowser.
>>
>>4059437
power up (right before them, there's a mushroom in one of the blocks), then ignore them if you're lazy and take a hit while running, otherwise make a vague effort to dodge

>>4059463
yeah, the game's mostly pretty easy
deaths end up being more due to easily preventable fuckups than tricky platforming or being overwhelmed
>>
>>4060948
>Implying those are hard to dodge
please

>>4060981
this.
>>
>>4059437
Avoid the hammers
>>
>>4060981

But we did get Lost Levels.
Lost Levels is even the name it was localized under.
>>
B R O W N
R
I
C
K
S
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.