[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Save states

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: puyp1_drac.jpg (274KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
puyp1_drac.jpg
274KB, 640x448px
Am I a bad person for using save states to keep playing the higher level enemies in Puyo Puyo? When I sit down to play for five minutes I don't want to play through the boring first stages again, I want to jump into where it's hard.
>>
>>4057159
>I don't want to play through the boring first stages again, I want to jump into where it's hard.
Ehh, just use a continue you fucking autist.
Also stop playing the CPU in competitive games.
>>
Why the ever loving FUCK are you playing Puyo 1 in the first place? It has no offset.
>>
>>4057160
>Also stop playing the CPU in competitive games.

Have you ever even played it?
>>
>>4057165
I'm not a puyo faggot bou can't improve on your meta by playing the cpu. Might as well practice chains in endless mode.
>>
>>4057163
That's just the first screen google gave me. I've been playing the M2 3DS port of Puyo 2.

>>4057160
I'm not talking about when I die. I'm talking about when I start playing. I'm working on getting better and building combos but the early stages even on the harder difficulties are kind of slow and boring. So I use a save state on the higher levels because it's more fun. Sometimes I don't even save after winning so I can continue.
>>
Nobody cares how you chose to waste your time. Puyo cancer ain't even a skill game, play some real Tetris.
>>
>>4057178
>Puyo cancer ain't even a skill game, play some real Tetris.

I'm a Tetris master, Puyo has more depth.
>>
>>4057180
>>4057180
Fucking bullshit, Tetris is the one true puzzle game, Puyo is weebshit casual faggot.
>>
>>4057190
0/10
>>
>>4057194
Admit you only like Puyo for the little girls, you gay pedophile.
>>
>>4057178
>Puyo cancer ain't even a skill game, play some real Tetris.
Tetrisfag here. You're full of shit.

I can clear lines all day, but damned if I can't handle a Puyo chain greater than 3.
>>
>>4057197
So you think I'm a girl too? lol
>>
>>4057201
>I can clear lines all day, but damned if I can't handle a Puyo chain greater than 3.
Well that just means you have less practice in a different kind of game, doesn't it? That has nothing to do with the perceived depth of Puyo Puyo games.
>>
>>4057201
Puyo is generally considered to be harder to play at low skill levels, but Tetris has a higher skill ceiling.
>>
>>4057205
Building chains in Puyo requires more skill than building blocks to get Tetrises. There's a lot more to how you stack so that your chains work than just not fucking up your block placement so you can get a Tetris with your next long piece. Skill aside, it's just more complex. They're both awesome games obviously.
>>
>>4057159
In Street Fighter Alpha 2
I used a save state for every hit I dodged and landed against Akuma
Fuck that cheap ass
>>
>>4057159
I use save states all the time and feel no shame for doing so. Most remakes of games often have quicksaves as a feature.

Obviously, I am only using save states as a last resort, like if it's a truly hard game, or if I have unsuccesfully attempted a manouver five times or so.
>>
>>4059431
Problem with savestates is that they make you lazy. They are an easy way out. You barely even take a legit effort at the game and already resort to savestating.
>>
>>4059439
I have many games on the backlog and sometimes I just want to plow through them FAST.
>>
Just play how you want OP, nobody's judging you.
>>
>>4057159
Play however you wanna play man, it's your game. Anyone who gives a damn about how others play video games should engage in some serious introspection.
>>
>>4059452
Might as well watch them on youtube that way you can go through the FASTER.
>>
>>4057171

It's a puzzle game you turbo autist.
>>
>>4061053
No it's not, it's a competitive multiplayer esport.
>>
>>4061086
>e-sports

I hope you are baiting.
>>
HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTERS:
Adolf Hitler
Vlad the Impaler
Ho Chi Minh
Enver Pasha
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Joseph Stalin
Mao Tse-Tung
North Korea's Kim family.
OP
>>
>>4061124
>hitler being anywhere near as bad as all those commies
w e w
>>
>>4057159
>>4059459
but I want make to sure you know that I think you're a bitch-ass nigga
>>
>>4057159
If you are playing the first Puyo Puyo, then it is acceptable. The computer cheats in extremely hardcore ways in that one, plus the controls are much more stiff and there are no counter attacks, so the first one to do a 6-7 hit combo automatically wins.

Puyo Puyo Tsuu fixed the controls and added counters, and toned down the AI a lot. I can actually get pretty far in that game from 1 credit only, and I suck at puzzle games. So for the sequels, there's no point in using save states, unless you want to see something well hidden like the Masked Satan ending.

>>4061124
You should put Robert Kotick and Electronic Arts in that list.
>>
>>4057197
I'll be honest I love the kawaii weebshit that Puyo has to offer, but I got into Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine well before I knew Puyo existed.
>>
>>4057159
In my opinion, if you are using an emulator, you are already cheating. Emulators are like demos to me. So yeah, I use emulation at work for the same 5 minute down time thing and for SHMUPS especially, save states are where its at.
>>
>>4057159
Anyone who uses save states other than as a quicker alternative to a password system is a cheater. It is that simple.
>>
>>4061942
I'm not really worried about being considered a cheater, I just want to play the more fun part of the game. Whether I officially "beat" it is much less important to me than how much fun I have along the way.
>>
>>4057172
>M2 3DS
Not retro fuck off
>>
File: 266969-h1.jpg (114KB, 620x352px) Image search: [Google]
266969-h1.jpg
114KB, 620x352px
>>4062519
Are you trying to suddenly pretend ports can't be talked about here? We've had multiple well received huge threads on the M2 classic collections.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.