[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Sa·Ga/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 19

Master Merchant

Previous thread:>>3838061
>Links
http://pastebin.com/ubT3r1z5
Romancing SaGa 3 Patch FAQ
http://pastebin.com/QeD1BR5q
FAQ for people new to the series
http://pastebin.com/kRbSg6PG
>Downloads
http://pastebin.com/E1V2hcfM
>News
A Romancing SaGa 3 Remaster was announced for both Vita and Mobile, said remaster has also been confirmed by Kawazu for getting a western localization.
>>
File: 1496714854361.gif (85KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496714854361.gif
85KB, 256x256px
>Turn-based RPGs
>Good
>>
File: 108064_front.jpg (78KB, 597x532px) Image search: [Google]
108064_front.jpg
78KB, 597x532px
Do the DS remakes supersede the original Game Boy games or do both versions have pros/cons?
Which should I play first?
>>
>>4057032
The DS remakes should be treated like Minstrel Song overall, they add new mechanics and many core mechanics from the series, tons of new content and many quality of life changes.
I wouldn't say that SaGa 2 DS makes the original not worth playing, I personally prefer the chiptunes though some of the arrangements are very good, especially some new tracks too, the classic aesthetic is also better since both DS remakes are kind of generic 00's anime with the only things left unchanged being some iconic designs like mechs or certain enemies.
I'd say SaGa 3 DS makes the original pointless to play unless you're interested to play it for historical purposes, GB SaGa 3 is barely a SaGa game, Kawazu didn't even work on it at all and it shows, the DS remakes has been handled personally by Kawazu and it is actually a very good game that adds a lot of fun mechanics while also keeping all of the stuff unique to GB SaGa 3 like the special Cyborg/Beastman races and time travel.

As a /vr/ trooper I'd say play both, the GB games are very short, simple and fast, you can easily finish them in a couple of hours, the DS games have more content and more mechanics that you might enjoy more if you've played the originals and see how they build up the gameplay.
>>
I feel that if RS3 was localized in the west at release this series would've been way bigger. The *sick graphics* were as good (if not better) than FFVI, only a couple steps below CT. Most people cared only about that.
>>
>>4057393
I'd say Romancing SaGa 3 was better than CT regarding graphics, by a long shot.
It had more characters, way better combat choreography, animations and effects, more monsters, more environments and so on, the only thing CT has over it is animated enemies, but it doesn't amount to much when Romancing SaGa 3 has way more monsters and better sprites.
Though I really don't think good graphics would have made people like the series more, a more consistent presence in the market, sure, and publishing the games with their actual name and not a FF renaming for marketing would have helped too.
>>
Does the mobile version of romancing saga 2 play well on android emulators or does the control scheme feel whack?
>>
File: bgb00123.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
bgb00123.png
4KB, 160x144px
>>4054102
After some experimentation I actually think I like beasts. You have to shift around to see which ones are good but when I get one I like they tend to have better HP and MP than all my human/mutant characters, and they have comparable damage to my human. I've pretty much kept them a beast almost the entire game.
I've reached the Pureland and have mixed feelings about the game as a whole so far. It definitely feels a lot different than SaGa 1 and 2, and even though I hated Final Fantasy 2 I honestly did like the unusual gameplay mechanics of the SaGa games. At the same time, though, it does feel a lot less frustrating in ways. When I hit a wall in SaGa 2 and had to grind it was the most painful thing I've ever done in a JRPG before I learned how to cheese it by abusing the semi-fixed RNG. The vanilla EXP system, while a lot less unique, has made the game a lot more forgiving. I ended up not liking my party configuration that much by the end of SaGa 2 due to my monster being underpowered (which was my own fault for not grinding certain bosses for super-powerful meat and the monster becoming underpowered as a result) and the ability to change races is also somewhat a quality-of-life improvement despite being less interesting mechanically. Overall I'm not sure whether I should place the interesting mechanics as more or less important to accessibility, and I admittedly have a kneejerk reaction to the former just because I don't like casualization and I'm somewhat worried that the changes in SaGa 3 would be considered a form of casualization, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>4058112

It wasn't perfect, but was certainly good enough to play through.
>>
I read an interesting excerpt from The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers by John Szczepaniak. Unfortunately it doesn't have much info on SaGa (no Kawazu interview or anything) in volume one, but I thought this was pretty cool:

Interview with Yoshiro Kimura:
"Romancing SaGa 2...was my first job. So I was a beginner. What I remember is like this: the leader of Romancing SaGa was very strong and clever; a wiser man I have never seen! <laughs>"

"At Square, I had come straight out of university...I felt my ideas were unique, or strong. But then meeting these people who worked in the industry...Their ideas were better...But this realization was a good thing, because I had someone to look up to, like a role model to aim for....When I met the project leader of Romancing SaGa 2, and the director of the battle system, the designer, it really put everything in context. It made me realize how, actually, I wasn't such a maverick."

"I did only one good thing for Romancing SaGa 2. For the battle scenes there's a feature where when the characters learn a new attack, a light bulb will pop up above their heads. Originally it was an exclamation mark. But I saw that and thought, no, that's boring, don't do that. ...I said to the designer, this should be a light bulb! And they changed it, and they kept that all the way through the series. So I had an effect on the entire series of Romancing Saga. <laughs>...So every time in any Romancing SaGa, when I see that light bulb, I'm reminded that I had a part in that series."
>>
>>4056869
why don't you spend your summer with all your other underage friends on >>>/v/
>>
Is it true that the Vita localizations won't work on PSTV? I really don't want to bother to install the whitelist to play games I can just emulate.
>>
>>4058189
>I'm somewhat worried that the changes in SaGa 3 would be considered a form of casualization
I don't know about that, I personally don't like it because it simply doesn't work like SaGa when it comes to character growth, it's not like all the games are so hardcore anyway, especially the GB games which are very accessible and straightforward.
The ability to change races on all characters is nice because SaGa 3 was the entry that started having more definite main characters, so I guess it was a technical compromise to still give players freedom in composing their party the way they wanted much like FFII, guest characters notwithstanding, the problem is that returning to a level, EXP based formula just doesn't cut it for me.
I get what you mean about the game feeling less frustrating though, it definitely is.
>>4058551
That's really cool, didn't know Kimura came up with that, now that I think about it it's no wonder he worked on SaGa considering his late works like Chulip and Little King's Story.
I remember reading something similar regarding a few people who later became Squaresoft employees talking about how impressive FFII was on a design point of view and how that pushed them to work on the NES and videogames in general.
>>4058695
Well, if you hacked it you can't run the games altogether, it's not about the whitelist block, it's just that they will run on firmware higher than 3.60.
Scarlet Grace is the only one that has to be whitelisted(and you still can't play it since it's 3.65), but the remasters aren't like that, not to mention the RomaSaGa 2 localization for Vita still isn't out.
>>
>>4059353
Hm, I won't feel bad about enjoying SaGa 3 then. I do plan to play the DS remake that's supposedly more similar to the SaGa series as a whole.
>>
>>4059360
Just play what you like bro, casual or not, if it's fun it's fun.
SaGa Frontier is the most broken and piss easy game in the series but it's also one of the most charming, memorable and fun entries.
>>
>>4059502
Honestly RS2 and US are the only games in the series that are pretty hard even if you figured them out.

The end game of SF2 is pretty rough too though.
>>
>>4056863
goo
>>
>decide to go to the isle of evil for the hell of it
>get demolished by ewei
Welp. Time to teach some bow wazas to one of my boys.
>>
>>4060012
Unlimited isn't really hard if you figure it out, but it takes a long time to do so, Romancing SaGa 2 is much more cruel since you can't really blast shit off for free with Acupuncture as early as you can do in Unlimited, SaGa Frontier 2 is possibly the worst game since it forces you to really comb every scenario for quells and fights.

I'd personally add Scarlet Grace to that list though, it might not have as much mechanical complexity as earlier games such as Unlimited but it's much more tight strategically speaking, especially if you want to solo the game, it's by far the hardest and most complex SaGa to solo, and even a normal run can be pretty tough to manage, especially since you risk locking yourself in the routes that lead to full power Firebringer, which is absolutely ruthless if you don't build your team correctly in all things, team sinergy, correct stat management, waza, roles, equipment and formation use.
>>
>>4060336
Sea hopper
>>
>>4061426
idk man in US I sometimes wipe out on adventures when I run out of LP on my team or get those surprise chain boss battles or can't adjust my eyes to the reels because I'm too tired. Or I'll misjudge my strength or get buttblasted by status effects. It takes a lot of skill even after you know it.
>>
>>4061426

Yeah, I finally gave Unlimited another chance a year or two ago and spent time looking up how the hell everything worked, once I'd wrapped my head around that the game itself was actually fairly easy.
>>
>>4061702
Personally I only got dangerously close to losing my LP on long missions with many bosses on them. Either that or somehow there are some bullshit enemies that take LP through LP resistant gear.
>>
>>4061815
Last time for me it was Tagut, even though I beat him the first try with Ruby, I just couldn't take him with my most recent party after going through the rest of the lines
>>
>>4060336
>entire party gets stunned by tremor
>party wipe
That was rough. Got him on my second try though.
>>
>>4061884
Tagut is widely considered the hardest boss of the Seven Wonders, it got me too when I dived back into Unlimited some months ago, granted that I recklessly went to the Nackle Lines as my first wonder the moment I unlocked them, so I was severely underpowered and I didn't have a single piece of gear with resistance to paralysis, he killed me two times before I got lucky and Iskandar sparked Reverse Delta while Anzan tanked everything on the front line.
>>
>>4063183
He was the first boss where I self-invented the LP tank strategy and I completely fucking knocked out Anzan and had to switch to based Iskandar who started each round by healing himself and Vandalizing that fucker.

Hiro did a pretty fucking good job with Reverse Delta too.

Sapphire was an archer and Ruby was lightweight martial arts.

That fucking Ruby never learned triple dragon the entire game, but she ended up being a really strong fire mage.

all I gotta say is thank kawazu for those meteorite armors on the first loop
>>
>>4063374
>all I gotta say is thank kawazu for those meteorite armors on the first loop
That's what I meant when I say that the game becomes easy if you manage to crack it, there is always something that can give you the upper hand, the problem is that sometimes it might be hard to understand exactly what you might use.
>>
>>4064910
anon of course the puzzle is easy if you look up all the spoilers, you're being pretty unfair and sort of casual
>>
File: irina.png (67KB, 175x182px) Image search: [Google]
irina.png
67KB, 175x182px
Wow Rush, that sword is REALLY cool! Surely you'll let your darling little sister have it, right?
>>
File: tumblr_nl24pa0sm61qd4q8ao1_400.gif (108KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl24pa0sm61qd4q8ao1_400.gif
108KB, 400x345px
Is saga frontier 2 good for a beginner?
>>
>>4065347
giving it to her is objectively optimal though

I'm salty af about best lady still though, that fucking game

and her daughter has the fucking cuntiest line imaginable when you don't give her an item
>>
>>4065373
it honestly might be okay for someone whose never played videogames before if you're there to help them out the whole way
>>
>>4065373
Possibly. It doesn't have a BR, so it might actually be easier than some of the others if you are thorough enough.
>>
>>4065373
I wouldn't suggest it personally, but this thread is here to also help people with the games anyway.
SaGa Frontier 2 is a bit hard to manage due to the game being based on a sequence of points of no return, there are also a few traps along the way to punish people who rush through the game without preparation, but on the bright side it doesn't have BR like most other games.
I'd rather suggest you to start with the first Frontier game so you can get accustomed to most of the core mechanics at a reasonable pace, Frontier 2 doesn't really give the player much time or space to learn how to play it unless you take things reaaaaaal slow.

If I may ask though, how come you want to play Frontier 2 first?
>>
>>4065940
>>4066147
>>4066917
Thanks guys, I might still look into it but maybe I'll try the gameboy ones.

As for the last anon's question, why I want to start with this one, well one reason in particular, the art. I thought BoF4 was the best pixel art that jrpgs had to offer but SF2 looks absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>4067008
Honestly, I'd put BoF4 above Frontier 2 because of the character sprites alone, Frontier 2 has gorgeous backgrounds that can only be rivalled by Legend of Mana, and to an extent Arc the Lad II if you prefer tile based maps, but the characters aren't really that great animation wise, BoF4 has some of the smoothest sprites ever made when it comes to animations, especially in battles, Frontier 2 is pretty choppy and there's some prerendering here and there that really can't compare to BoF4's amazing spritework, the 3D maps have also aged quite well, mostly thanks to the pastel colours I guess, but they're pretty pleasant to look at even today, especially all the locations in the deserts and the eastern continent.

That said, many locations in SaGa Frontier 2 are some of the most atmospheric and suggestive I've ever seen, like the entire City of Night/Schwartzmädchen, Laubholz and its weirdass tower, the Weissland, and Jade, and that's without counting the dungeons, they really put a lot of care in every single frame, all of the pubs and even small houses you see are chock full of little details, you won't be disappointed if you're looking for gorgeous art.
Regarding inside shots especially, SaGa Frontier 2 has some of the best composition I've seen in its time, while most other games usually had houses be way too clean or orderly SaGa Frontier 2 is full of little details like signs of wear on the walls, various objects like glasses or half empty bottles around and so on, most games' usually have very aseptic enviroments, SaGa Frontier 2 really shows the various signs of time or human presence, which is very similar to what the same team did on Legend of Mana, but it feels less of a fairy tale and more like a real life world in Frontier 2.
>>
>>4067085
Thanks for the informative answer. It's just that from what I have seen of the game so far it really amazed me in the art department. I think gameplay wise I gave to say I preffer the jrpgs of the fourth gen but in the fifth gen there was some really amazing art direction in the jrpgs. I have never been able to make it pass the first disk of FF7, I find it just okay personally, but the backgrounds astound me. Sometimes I just look them up and look at them studying them like a old picture book. May sound weird but they're just so cool to me.
>>
File: 093resize.jpg (1MB, 1000x1367px) Image search: [Google]
093resize.jpg
1MB, 1000x1367px
>>4067345
>Sometimes I just look them up and look at them studying them like a old picture book. May sound weird but they're just so cool to me.
I know what you mean, I still love the idea of fixed background, prerendered or drawn, it's just a kind of direction and aesthetic idea I find very interesting, it's not an easy job to make the most out of a single shot if you want to convey an idea, it takes a lot of skill to do justice to environments with that.
You'll love Frontier 2's environments, especially if you're into architecture as many locations draw inspiration from classic european landscapes and cities, Vogelang is one of the most evident for me, but there's also places like the northern settlements, Hahn Nova or Laubholz, the City of Night also has an interesting gimmick since you can turn off the lights for the entire town, making the light sources and general colour hue change accordingly, which is really neat and pretty well done, the city itself is also put together extremely well, it's probably the most elaborate one in the game in many senses.

The SaGa Frontier 2 Perfect Works also has various illustrations of common items and also special products of each region of Sandaill, the world of SaGa Frontier 2, most of the products are food or alcohol, which Kawazu is particularly fond of, there's a lot of detail put into those too.
In pic related you can see three objects that are typical products of the city of Vogelang, a Wood Axe(which you can use in the game), and two of Vogelang's renowned drinks, the Yellow Rose bourbon and a Tequila made from the cacti you can see during your travels through the desert that leads to Vogelang.
>>
From the FAQ:
>SaGa predates from the classic tabletop game culture such as DnD and videogames

What?
>>
>>4067008
I can't get used to the ridiculously big feet SaGa Frontier 2 characters have. The environments are pretty.
>>
I feel like these SaGa threads are always the same guy talking to himself.
>>
>>4068119
>41 repllies
>31 posters
I think there are only a few anons who can read moon that go back and forth though
>>
File: Gustavefig.jpg (39KB, 511x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gustavefig.jpg
39KB, 511x600px
>>4068038
Yeah, It's a pretty weird chibi style even for its time, the only game with a similar style I know is Moon.
>>4068182
It's the usual shitposter that posts the same comment every thread, ignore him, he has a personal vendetta against these threads for some reason and each time a new thread is made he comes here telling there's only one guy posting to himself or that talking about the games is autism, and he posts this on random threads on /vr/ too, usually adding that people only talk about waifus or avatarfag for the entire threads.
>>
bumpity
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown of what greed is in Romancing SaGa 3, and whether I should worry about it in a first playthrough?
>>
>>4071554
it's an invisible counter that determines how greedy your character behaves, and effects the availability and outcomes of quests.

in practice it only ends up being a concern for Harid who starts with the highest greed counter, and can get locked out of some quests if you choose the option to be a dick early on.
>>
>>4071554
The Greed Counter is a hidden counter that works vaguely similarly to ER in Minstrel Song.
Many quests have routes or outcomes that give you money, every time you complete a quest with a monetary reward or an option to do so(e.g. bringing goods to Yamas, sell the Professor's pets instead of bringing them to her, extort money from the thieves during the carrier quest to Yamas instead of leaving them go or choosing the third option) your Greed counter increases, quests have Greed counter checks(e.g. Ward's quest in the frozen lake), if your Greed counter is too high then the character will not give you the quest altogether, they'll also make some snarky comments sometimes.

This is generally not a problem for anyone but Harid, who has the highest default Greed counter in the game, 14 iirc while any other character barely even reaches 10, moreover the only quest you should really make sure not to miss is Ward's since it later leads on to the Ice Galaxy quest, recruiting Snowman, the Ice Sword etc., so if you're playing as Harid it is suggested not to ask for money until you've completed Ward's quest, the other MCs also risk getting locked out of some quests but in my experience it's really hard to do so unless you choose the money options in pretty much any quest that has them or complete a lot of quests that involve default money rewards before doing others.
In any case, Greed counter is the least of your worries as long as you finish Ward's quest, quests are also triggered by the hidden HP counter, which is also a kind of primitive form of ER, so you'll need to keep an eye on your MC's HP value, as the higher it gets the more quests you unlock.
>>
>>4072253
>>4072307
Ok, good to know, thanks. One more question, if you kick a character out of your party, is it possible to re-recruit them later? I remember in the first Romancing you couldn't so I don't want to accidentally lose a character permanently.
>>
>>4073505
There are a few rules to that.
If a character is dead, as in dead from LP death, you can't recruit him/her again until you seal one Abyss Gate after the death of said character.

Some rare characters won't be recruitable again if you don't complete some questlines related to them before a certain event happens, e.g. if you recruit and then kick out/LP kill Boston without saving the Island at the edge of the world after killing Forneus, you can't recruit Boston again because the Island doesn't exist anymore.

Snowman/Yukidaruma has a unique event that if triggered, permakills it, so you can't recruit him again.

I might be wrong on this since it's been some time but I believe Leonid is one of those rare cases of characters that won't rejoin the party if you kick them out.

Lastly, you have a limited number of character recruitments in the whole game, you can only recruit party members a certain amount of times, I believe the definite number of recruitments hovers around 24-26 times, after that you won't be able to recruit anyone anymore, though in practice it's really hard to do that.
>>
So for someone who only played the first saga ( aka the final fantasy legend) and romancing saga for the snes
What game do you recommend for me?
>>
File: HISR.png (347KB, 532x481px) Image search: [Google]
HISR.png
347KB, 532x481px
This is not cropped porn BTW, it is from a speedpaint I saw years ago on NicoNico while I was still on a Binge of the RS trilogy, sad to say, I can't recall the original video where I got the picture I cropped it from.
>>
>>4075517
SaGa Frontier, since it's a fusion of the two standards.
SaGa 2 refines SaGa's gameplay a lot, the world is also less gloomy and more fun to explore, and the music is great.
Romancing SaGa 3 also refines and streamlines the Romancing SaGa formula of multiple MCs that became so frequent in the series.

These are all the games that I'd suggest you to play if you like those two, other games end up being far too different in design and while they're all great, with the exception of SaGa 3, I don't know how much you'll enjoy them.
Scarlet Grace is also great if you like the Romancing game with a slight touch of GB SaGa but it will probably never come to the west, and you really can't appreciate to its fullest if you haven't played all the games that lead up to that since it's full of references and reworked mechanics from all the other games, the mainline is really snowballing in that sense.
>>
I know it's not retro but has anyone here tried Legend of Legacy? I've played though all the real SaGas too recently to just jump in one of those again and I've heard Legacy is something of a spiritual successor to the series
>>
>>4076280

I always hear that it's like SaGa only not as good and kind of empty and repetitive.
>>
>>4076280
You can play the demo. I sunk a couple hours into the demo and I think it is alright. Harder enemies net you better chances to level up skills or gain new skills or just stats in general with its more natural growth mechanics.

The thing that kinda sucks is that you can only have a three person party and what is the point if you can go around recruiting people when you already have such limited space? That coupled with seeming to need a person that guards to protect the other two people then you are down to just two characters that can really act in battle. Coupled with that it just seems like the focus is just scrubbing the mini map until you get it 100% filled out. Any other story is essentially what you run into while you just fill out your map for each zone.

Other than that it has its own little gimmick reminiscent of Chrono Cross field elements. There are elemental gods and you try to have their element on your side of the field so you can gain its benefits and so the enemies cannot. There was an early boss in which you had to steal her water blessing so she didn't heal at the end of every turn which made you time your water call when you expected the boss to make her water call so she wouldn't benefit from it.
>>
>>4076513
Sounds kinda interesting I'll give it a shot. The art and character designs are pretty neat at least.
>>
>>4076280
LoL is kind of a poor man's SaGa clone, it suffers from being excessively derivative imo, the severe lack of content and lackluster mechanical depth doesn't help for something that was marketed as a SaGa successor, though if you do not consider it as such, it's a fine game, it's really hard to ignore it though.
The sequel that's coming out, The Alliance Alive plays much better, you can download the JP demo, they really stepped up their game for that, refining the weapon system, adding battle abilities and going for a much bigger cast with the classic GB SaGa theme of multiple worlds you can explore with a MC duo of your choice, my only complaint is that the overall difficulty level still seems pretty low, but it's a demo anyway.
>>
Bump for inactivity.
>>
I love that there is a topic for this series.
>>
Man, still no new regarding the Romancing SaGa 3 remaster.
Considered how the rest of Squenix loves to advertise games that take 10 years to come out Kawazu sure is reserved, here we have tons of little updates on how many skins they're putting in their FFXV DLCs or how KH3 is taking an eternity and yet SaGa games only get some timid development updates once in a while, preferably two days before they actually come out.
>>
>>4082520
Well Kawazu is a guy who actually works unlike Nomura who shits out a few character designs and lets the wage slaves do everything else
>>
>>4082520
Well they said they were going to build it from the ground up unlike the RS2 remaster and expected it to take much longer.
>>
File: ADVENTURE.png (296KB, 582x432px) Image search: [Google]
ADVENTURE.png
296KB, 582x432px
>>4077884
Probably not the most appropriate place to post this, but I want to confirm that the Alliance Alive does indeed get harder, and is doing a really good job at providing that classic SaGa feel so far

>boss gets 3-4 turns in a round
>it also uses counter sometimes
>it's pounding my dudes hard, may not last another round if I'm unlucky
>Rachel in front, have her use counter to hopefully suck up some of the damage
>she sparks a waza that's counter but with way higher damage + stun
>counters EVERY single one of the boss' hits, and then procs stun on the last one
>the rest of my party proceeds to nuke the boss into oblivion immediately after
holy UNF

It doesn't feel soulless or empty like tLoL did at all, and the soundtrack's a lot more impressive too
This one does try to be a bit more standard JRPG than a straight SaGa clone, but man, it has some moments
>>
>>4084256
>It doesn't feel soulless or empty like tLoL did at all, and the soundtrack's a lot more impressive too
I especially like how the world map track keeps on playing seamlessly during battles too, it's a great idea.
What's funny is that LoL came up with the map icon pop ups, Scarlet Grace copied that then Alliance Alive copied Scarlet's dual MC system, Koizumi must have been hanging out with Kawazu, this mutual exchange of design choices is too funny to be coincidential.

Alliance Alive is a step in the right direction and it seems like a pretty great game, especially for such a miniscule team, hope Cattle Call manages to keep up with the good work.
>>
File: 1496356229785.jpg (40KB, 766x594px) Image search: [Google]
1496356229785.jpg
40KB, 766x594px
I always forgot to post this link in here but if anyone's interested in reading various jap tweets on Scarlet Grace, there's also a few artists who do SaGa stuff and are a bit hard to find by normal means.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/%E3%82%B5%E3%82%AC%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9?src=hash
>>
>>4085001
>Koizumi must have been hanging out with Kawazu
How does he find the time when he's gotta beat Hitler and Pol Pot at Mahjong
>>
If I were to play one SaGa game, what should it be? Never played any games in the series and may not have time to play more than one in the near future. I can read Japanese.
I value exploration, challenge and good crafting system (do SaGa games have it?) above all.
>>
>>4088229
Try Romancing SaGa for the PS2 then.
>>
>>4088208
Now I want a manga featuring Kawazu as a GM for a D&D campaign with Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, Eisenhower Mao and Pol Pot as players.
>>4088229
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song and Unlimited are what you're looking for, but if you dont mind a more simplistic crafting system Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are also good candidates.
Most other games bar Scarlet Grace don't have forging but still have good exploration and some decent challenge.
>>
I've never played one of these games anymore, so I started up romancing saga 3, started with mikhail, and talked to the first person i saw once I gained control of the game, and now i dunno what the fuck any of this means. Is this normal?
>>
>>4089402

The game world is pretty much open. Go wherever you want, talk to people to find info and quests, try not to fight more battles than you have to. I'd recommend reading some of the stuff in the pastebins at the top.
>>
>>4088229
>If I were to play one SaGa game, what should it be? Never played any games in the series and may not have time to play more than one in the near future. I can read Japanese.
>I value exploration, challenge and good crafting system (do SaGa games have it?) above all.
HONESTLY Legend of Mana is better than all the SaGa games given your criteria

and it's ALMOST a SaGa game but actually it's a Mana game
>>
>>4089402
>Is this normal?
Absolutely, welcome to SaGa, now try to figure your way out of here.
>>4090180
>Legend of Mana
>Challenge
I love LoM as much as the next guy here, but the game is so braindead easy even Frontier is hard compared to it, unless by challenge you mean figuring out all of the story routes by yourself.
Damn shame since none of those game's amazing systems end up being actually worthwhile, building Golems is awesome but the actual usefulness of having one or a pet is really arguable when everything dies easily, same with forging, even at the highest difficulty setting you don't really need to minmax because the basic battle system is a broken mess, like all mana games.
>>
>>4091587
>I love LoM as much as the next guy here, but the game is so braindead easy even Frontier is hard compared to it, unless by challenge you mean figuring out all of the story routes by yourself.
Every SaGa game except for RS2 and SF2 is really easy too anon.
>>
>>4091603
Wouldn't really call Frontier 2 hard, both Minstrel Song and Unlimited are harder, SaGa games are on average harder than most JRPG around.
Besides, there's easy and there's braindead, and LoM is really on the braindead side, mostly because they didn't really think combat through, let alone most of the mechanics they tried to implement, you should know your game has serious problems when linking your first attack in a combo is enormously more effective and practical than doing combos.
>>
>>4091619
>both Minstrel Song and Unlimited are harder
man, no they're not

maybe if you go into unlimited totally blind
>>
>>4091632
>no they're not
On what basis?
Frontier 2 is consistently easy with a few possible difficulty spikes like Vulcanoid and maybe the Lich, which is optional, the only truly hard part would be fighting the Egg without killing any of the Edelritters and if you're a masochist fighting the Griffin as Wil, you can do it even earlier during Gustave's scenario in the desert but in his case it's actually not possible to win either. And South Moundtop.

Unlimited has stuff like the Round Table, Tagut, Yun Crimsonrain, Basil Galeos and Chaos Ruler, which are all tougher than any boss Frontier 2 has to offer, let alone dungeon crawling and making sense of the game to begin with.
Minstrel Song is also full of challenges that requires you to learn a lot of different things like managing ER and learning how to forge and loot stuff, all of the optional bosses like the Jewel Beast, Sherah and 10 FS Saruin are harder than any boss in Frontier 2 too.
It's true that Frontier 2 can fuck you over if you go in blind since missing too many quells and mindlessly rushing through the game will possibly lock you into an nigh unwinnable game file, but it's not like other SaGa games don't do the same, see Romancing SaGa 2 or even Frontier if you play as Lute.

And again, LoM doesn't even compare since most of the mechanics simply don't work well or are completely irrelevant, it's a game with some incredible stuff as I said before, but it has serious problems. And for the records, the same can be said of some SaGa games too, see Frontier or Romancing SaGa 3.
>>
>>4091675
>all of the optional bosses like the Jewel Beast, Sherah and 10 FS Saruin
you can literally beat all three of them by shooting them in the brain over and over
>>
>>4091732
If you're going to generalize things like that I won't even bother replying to you further, what does "shooting them in the brain even means"?
This is a /v/ tier argument that makes little to no sense.
>>
>>4091675
I mean, SF2 IS really easy if you know how to get all the best stuff and set up your party right and grind to get wazas at the right time, and so is Unlimited.
>>
>>4091742
it literally means spam Id Break to decrease their Int and trivialize the battle

I bet you've never seen 10FS Saruin's Hydro blast hilariously shoot out a single little fish

you think it's hard because you're bad, not because it actually is hard

similarly, the bosses in unlimited can be assguttered by focusing on attacks that reduce skill
>>
>>4091746
>I mean, SF2 IS really easy if you know how to get all the best stuff and set up your party right and grind to get wazas at the right time
There is no boss outside of the Lich, Vulcanoid and the very last set of bosses that require anything like that, worse even, any of the edelritter bar Sargon can be beaten by simply defending until the turn count ends, that's it, even the normal Egg form doesn't really require you much planning unless it's the first SaGa game you're ever playing.
>>4091756
Do a recording of you beating any of those bosses by spamming Id Break then, I really want to see you doing that because especially 10FS Saruin requires debuffing his AGI more than anything else, I'm also curious to see how only debuffing INT will be of any help against stuff like any of his physical attacks like Deus Ex Machina, which are much more dangerous than those basic pokes.

And sure, in Unlimited Acupuncture is broken and does lower the difficulty of the game considerably, but you're giving for granted a lot of other things like proper panel setup, forging, and equipping the right stuff, mindlessly spamming Acupuncture doesn't magically make the game win itself, not to mention that there are strategies with even lower requirements than Acupuncture too, so I don't see how you have the guts to call anyone bad, especially when posting really questionable facts.
>>
Im trying Frontier as my first SaGa game, any advice I should know for this particular title?

I picked the blue haired guy and I just kept going down the stairs on the casino for all eternity
>>
>>4091746

>this game is easy all you have to do is follow a guide to get a perfect setup, all the best items, all the best skills, and the perfect party composition as early as possible

Anon...
>>
>>4092075
I didn't say anything about a guide

I basically said it's easy if you've already played it and search really carefully for items
>>
>>4091675
Can you actually beat Fake Gustave in South Moundtop instead of just stalling him?

How many 'unwinnable but somehow you can still beat him' bosses are there in the SaGas? I finished RSaGa 2 and I'm pretty sure the Spriggan and the gate can be done with enough planning (and of course new game+)
>>
>>4091851
There's an elevator
>>
>>4092528
it's honestly easier than stalling him

basically you just cheese him with repeat encounters to exhaust him and then fuck him up with all your archers at the same time
>>
>>4092528
>How many 'unwinnable but somehow you can still beat him' bosses are there in the SaGas?
SaGa has next to no scripted fights to this day, so most of them, the only scripted ones I can remember are Kujinshi's first fight in RomaSaGa 2, Alexei and the first Megalith Beast fight in Frontier 2, you can even solo the Dragon you fight with Diana in Minstrel Song during Albert's prologue and legit win, same with people like Dagul Bos or Macha's fight in her own scenario in Scarlet.

The Spriggan and the gate are simply not beatable if you play the game in a normal order, it is possible to beat both by grinding insanely during Gerard's generation(and I mean at least 10 hours straight of grinding) or by looting the right stuff before going to Cumberland and making general detours, otherwise you can just do Cumberland and the invasion of the canal a bit later as long as you can deal getting the worst route for Cumberland, which is really mostly cosmetic and plot based, you still get access to the Holy Orders in any route outcome unlike other questlines such as Nuono's or Liang Shan's.

As I see it, both are an incentive in progressing through the game non linearly and thinking out of the box, so are other bosses like the Stone Sentinel in Eilunep, I'd say the that is even worse than the Spriggan since you can't learn a Mikiri for Poison Breath, and that fucks you up worse than Grand Slam.
It's just that many people go through the game on a fairly normal order and don't really stray much, another part that is REALLY annoying is crossing the desert to get to Terelutva at really low levels, especially on the SNES version, fighting Rocbouquet right after Gerald's generation ends, or fighting Bokuohn on the slave trader route, it's full of challenging paths you can take if you feel the game is getting too easy for you.

It's one of the things I love the most about the game, there's lots of variations.
>>
Uh, so th April's Fool wasn't a joke, they really ended up adding SaGa 1 reps to Imperial, and Unlimited started getting reps too, guess all that's left now is SaGa 2 and 3.

It really breaks my heart to know that they won't use those cute sprites to make an official, non web browser crossover with basic SaGa gameplay while giving each game's cast unique mechanics from their games, I'd pay good money for that.
>>
>>4093608
Is it possible to kill Virgil in Frontier by dealing enough HP damage? I would assume not but it would be a fun challenge if possible.
>>
Just beat SaGa Frontier w/ Asellus.

I'm about to play the PS2 Romacing SaGa remake, any tips? Also, with the 3rd Romancing being localized, surely they brought 2 over on another system?
>>
>>4057032
Visible encounters is a huge no-no for me
>>
>>4096010
>Just beat SaGa Frontier w/ Asellus.
You didn't "beat" the game at all
>>
>>4096053
>Semantics
I'll bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>4096215

All that anon was saying is is that if you only finish the game with one character you haven't really experienced all it has to offer, and it might be a little premature to move on to a new title.
>>
Anyone have .cia files for all the GameBoy and SNES SaGas?

Don't have a working PC and I'd rather not emulate on my phone.
>>
>>4096531
3dsiso has some. You should check Google first regarding this kind of thing.
>>
>>4096560
Dead links everywhere, specially the GameBoy titles
>>
>>4096562
Did the site get Nintendo'd like Emuparadise? If they did then I apologize for making a snarky response at you. I actually had .cias for SaGa 2 and 3 but I deleted them after installing them, so I unfortunately can't upload them.
>>
>>4096010
use the gameshark code that increases movement speed on the field map
>>
>>4096531
Cia files? When I play snes on 3ds I use Snes9x instead. The cias I got from 3dsiso all used Blargsnes which sucks. Not sure about gba though.
>>
>>4095996
>Is it possible to kill Virgil in Frontier by dealing enough HP damage?
Virgil has infinite HP, it's not possible to win the fight by HP depletion, interestingly enough, the Phoenix boss fight from Scarlet Grace is the only boss in the series that works the same way, it's one of the many throwbacks to Frontier.
>>4096010
>any tips?
Just be careful with ER.
Romancing SaGa 2 is currently only available for iOS/Android in the west, Vita version is still in limbo.
>>4096215
Well, he's kinda right, Frontier has tons of stuff that is unique to each character's scenario, except Lute, nobody would blame you if you don't play Lute's scenario, he does have a pretty sweet final boss though, and Hamilton is a badass grandma.
>>4096531
Isn't there a converter you can use for that kind of stuff?
>>
>>4096215
Asellus can't even recruit robots. You didn't even experience one of the races in the game, and a powerful one at that.
>>
>>4097953
>from Scarlet Grace is the only boss in the series that works the same way
Soulgutter and Dragon Knight are pretty similar

though I'm pretty sure you can also just kill both of them
>>
>>4093608
Can't you just get the formation that lets you attack first and stun Spriggan until he's ded? Or does Grand Slam override this?
>>
>>4099681
While rapid stream + mist cover + stun would probably work, you get that formation from the pirate class and that's not available for a while.
>>
>>4098995
Soulgutter can definitely be killed by normal means, in fact it's even a random encounter in Purgatory later on, it's just that one boss battle that allows you to win by fullfilling another objective if you want to, you can still kill it normally instead of sealing it.
Though now that I think about it I'm not completely sure if Dragon Knight can also be killed normally or you need to do the Dragon Vortex to end the fight, I think I have an old Sif save near that point in one of my external HDs, I might need to take a look at that, maybe I remembered it wrong after all these years.
>>4099681
Of course, but that means you still get the worst ending for the route, because you need to complete Nuono's questline and get Enrique, which means Cumberland's scenario automatically starts from Sofia's resistance route, Grand Slam doesn't override anything as long as you stun the Spriggan before he can use it, it is weird due to the fact that it finalizes as the last action in the turn order it's used, but as all things, if you manage to stun the Spriggan before he activates it you're safe.
Problem is the Spriggan is pretty meaty so even with five or four dedicated stunners as soon as he gets one Grand Slam in you're done for at early levels, but again, this doesn't matter as long as you don't care about getting locked into the worst ending for Cumberland.

Technically though, you can also try your luck by using the Dragon formation Karl teaches and make your emperor a Thief, it's not as safe as Rapid Stream but it's the closest thing you can get, you do need to kill off a few emperors though but as long as you do so before going to Cumberland you're not forced in the worst route.
The only other formation that works similarly is Jeanne's Amazon Strike but that only generally buffs speed for characters in the first three slots, I'm also not sure whether taking a stroll to the jungle triggers Cumberland's route gimmick or not, in theory it shouldn't.
>>
Turns out my Sif file is way before the Dragon Knight, bummer, I thought I could check on Dragon Knight fast but it seems I'm not even at high enough ER to do the Isle of Evil.
>>
>>4076280
I like the enemies a lot
Immortal Mantis is pretty nice looking and the Wraithfangs, well let's say it's good they only appear in one cave because they are basically "party wipe: the enemy (every attack will instantly kill a party member and they can put your whole party to sleep while negating healing)."
>>
It's a shame that years and years later, RS3 still doesn't have a polished, finished translation.
>>
>>4102797
Soon

Though I don't know whether I should update my pstv for it, don't want to update my vita
>>
>>4102797
Well, considering 2 managed to get localized(badly) before getting a patch and 3 is seemingly going the same way, it's kind of embarassing, the hacking&translation scene is pretty much a joke anyway, especially when Manasword cared more about putting a hacked room instead of properly translating stuff.
>>
>>4103306

I don't know about soon, but it's definitely in the works, and it looks fantastic as well as having a reputable translator working on the script (same person who did the script for the first Romancing SaGa on SFC).
>>
>>4103308
What's the deal with the fantranslation community?

Immense egos?

Pretending they can do it despite not knowing either japanese nor programming?
>>
>>4103445
>Immense egos?
I'd say that and general lack of ethics on part of most hacking groups.
Still, huge egos don't explain why stuff like Monstania gets a patch before SMT If... or a SaGa game.
Then there's the problem that most people don't really care about getting a proper translation or can't even discern an evidently machine translated work from an actual translation.
And when so called gaming journalism actually advertises if not popularizes this kind of works and community things get even worse.
>>
>>4103308

>Well, considering 2 managed to get localized(badly)

did they botch the translation with typos and shit or is it an effect of this so called "culturization" meme localizers spew these days?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-29-21-45-03.png (202KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-29-21-45-03.png
202KB, 1024x600px
>>4105104
>did they botch the translation with typos and shit
oh boy did they
>>
>>4105241

at least they patched it, but now I doubt we are ever getting a translation effort accurate with the source material
>>
>>4105104
There's a few typos here and there and they changed some names for no reason at all, effectively ruining the writing in some cases, like the city of Mermaid being renamed to Atlanticus for god knows what reason since said city is named Mermaid BECAUSE there's merfolk living in the sea there and there's a goddamn quest there involving a mermaid, even the NPCs say that the city is named after the mermaids that frequently appear there.
Then there's the usual problem about waza getting weird translations, like Capoeira Kick getting changed for no reason despite being literally called Capoeira Kick in japanese, same with Self Burning, but this has been going on since Frontier so it's really no big news, it's like Leg Sweep being changed to Grasshopper in Minstrel Song or Multiway being called Doppelganger in Unlimited.
There's also some dialogue being a bit halfassed sometimes, see how awkward Leon's last dialogue with Viktor gets compared to the japanese version, but this is not really all that common, in that sense most of the dialogues are alright with a few occasional fuck ups in tone.
Another puzzling thing is that they used the seven heroes' wrong romanizations, like Kzinnsie instead of Kujinshi, but they corrected Gellard to Gerard, seems to me the translator really didn't know that the Seven Heroes are named after seven metro stops in Tokyo and he just went with the official romanization thinking they're just fantasy names with no meaning since he recognized that "Gellard" is supposed to be Gerard, that's an understandable oversight, though it's still not forgiveable.

Then again, many characters got their names changed in the series, see Premiere/Primera and Neuvieme/Nicolette in Frontier 2 or the more puzzling Obelvent/Mordeus, Cash/Kurt or Tooth Bloodbane/Kalandorn in Unlimited.
>>4105268
>I doubt we are ever getting a translation effort accurate with the source material
We really never did, that's a big problem with the industry as a whole.
>>
If I wanted to play Romancing SaGa 2 in the future should I wait for the vita version or is the snes version with a translation patch perfectly ok?
>>
>>4106221
>Romancing SaGa 2
>snes version with a translation patch

Anon...
>>
>>4106221

If you download Anki and start learning Japanese today, you'll be able to play it at least 5 years before the SNES patch is released, and maybe 2 or so years before the Vita version is released. Your other choice is the phone port.
>>
About Saga Frontier, does having a sidequest active prevent you from getting other sidequests? Im exploring every town and the game feels rather empty, there are entire towns with nothing going on on them.

>picked Blue
>complete the light temple, get the gift of light magic
>get to Devin
>tarot lady tells me to collect cards to learn tarot magic
>only gold card and shield cards left
>the shield card is guarded by a fire bird boss that one shots my party
>gold card is locked with the gnomes and they want money for it
>cant find any other sidequest at all, enemies barely drop money
>so far mu´s tomb, the bio labs and one of the ruins on shingrow have rape boss waiting for you.

so far I only found a chest with 200 gold on the sewers under Koorong, and with the need for decent gear Im pressed to find money anywhere
>>
>>4106221
Either wait for Vita or get the phone version. The phone version is really good and brings the visual quality to be on-par with later SNES games. Only downside is that evading monsters is a pain in the ass because touchscreen controls suck.

Personally, I do recommend the phone version.
>>
>>4107418
Keep exploring.
>>
>>4107418
I rarely ever bought gear in SF except when I'm near the end and have like 10k available to blow on Powersuits. Most of the items lying around are good enough. My favorite is the gun in the ship part of Shingrow.
>>
>>4107718

Well so far I managed to kill the toad boss in shingrow, the twin valkyres and the huge slime guarded by big slimes.

The chamber guarded by that last one has nothing I can interact with. The big golden door wont budge, the door outside is shut. There are two other doors in the temple guarded by special mobs that wont oper either.

So far I got 1000 gold. The gnomes want more apparently.

I will try to check out other dungeons and see if I can take on other bosses
>>
>>4107896
>So far I got 1000 gold. The gnomes want more apparently.
The gnomes want GOLD, not credits.
>>
>>4107418

I feel like Blue is the worst character if this is your first time.

Red is the best introduction to the game, linear at the start with main story quests and opens up later.
>>
>>4107910
>>4107918

well so far I managed to kill the mimic boss on mu´s tomb, got a gold ingot, so that would make two ingots for the gnomes if I buy another, but it seems they want at least 3, probably more? I should have gone for rune magic, but I have no idea where the teacher is.

the other dungeon in shingrow with the bat minibosses seems to be a dead end.

I still cant kill the bigass turtle in the labs, that cannonball attack is just baffling, and either he has a lot of health or my threat level has buffed him up because I manage to score level 3 chains worth (supersonic+scuffle+one of the sword attacks I cant remember) 2000+ damage and he still wont die

the mind magic teacher at kyo says my mind is divided and I cant train with her, I have no idea what that means

maybe I should restart with Red, I might have fucked myself over while exploring the shingrow dungeons and raised my threat level too much, now the bat minibosses come in two pairs, almost impossible to deal with
>>
>>4106221
>is the snes version with a translation patch
Since you come from an alternate timeline, did humanity finally terraform Mars?
>>4107418
In the case of the Magic quests, yes, once you activate either the Tarot or Rune questlines you have to finish the one you started first, but all the other sidequests, like Mu's Tomb, Furdo's workplace or any of the main quests are still accessible.
Also, like all SaGa games, enemies don't drop money other than platonic ideas of it, especially in Frontier, you have to rely on looting more than most games in the series since you can't even sell equipment normally.
Money isn't a problem anyway, unless you want to buy multiple Powered Suits or Lethal Guns in Koorong, but you don't really need those unless you're trying unusual runs like a mech solo speedrun.

For the Gold card you really only need to loot a few places, Koorong is pretty big and there a few points in which you can get some money and other useful objects, Blue can also teleport away with Gate to make things faster, you can also sell all the Leather based stuff you loot or get from drops. Shingrow has a few places in which you can find money and so do a few other places like Owmi.
The Suzaku in Mosperiburg is tougher than the average Suzaku so you'll need a kinda beefy party.
Also, Blue's scenario locks him out of the opposite school of magic you choose to get since Rouge will get it, that means you can't get runes now, though there's a catch to that, you'll find out later on in his scenario, I won't spoil the surprise.
>I still cant kill the bigass turtle in the labs
The Earth Dragon is a superboss, any race but mechs simply can't fight it at low levels.
>I have no idea what that means
You'll understand if you keep on playing.
>raised my threat level too much
No such thing anon, it's just your first time and you naturally have little understanding of the game.
Post your party and tell me in detail what you've done so far, I'll help you out.
>>
>>4056863
Are you excited /saga/? http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23611.0
>>
File: What a story mark.png (147KB, 493x389px) Image search: [Google]
What a story mark.png
147KB, 493x389px
>>4108737
>Terminus eclipse
>When 死食 is literally Death or Mortal Eclipse at best if you're eeling more poetic
>Using Latin/English terms when Kawazu explicitly doesn't to begin with
>Holy King referred to as a he when the game left it purposedly vague by not using male pronouns and referring to her only as Holy King since it turns out it's a she
>All that needless dramatization that wasn't in the original text
>All those twisted periods and theme/rheme inversions for no reason at all
>Referring to the newborn child as a he when the original text doesn't use any gender and the game has Sara and Shonen's twist
Off to a good start with the """"artistic license""" and misinterpretations, are we?
>Same chick doing this supposedly translated stuff for Gideon's fabled RS2 patch
>mfw
If even Manasword in his incompetence managed to translate the prologue more accurately I can't really get excited for this, let's hope she doesn't make up too much stuff.
>>
>>4108706

Party:
Blue
Cotton(as a manticore)
Emelia(surprisingly good at sparking martial arts waza)
T260
Gen

In reserve:
riki
mei ling
engineer car
all underleveled

Got the gift of light magic at luminous. Raided the lab, the looted the northeast ruins in shingrow, got stuck after killing the slime boss mob. Then looted the northwest ruins and got stuck since I cant find paths effectively in the prerendered backgrounds. Bats are bastards. Then went to kill the mimic boss in shrike, the way deeper into the tomb is locked

Then looted the caves below koorong. The path ends in a cave with spiders that kick me out after killing them.

Then looted the mansion in owmi, killed the squid boss and found the mermaid. She told me something and nothing happened. Went up again after falling for the trap and killed the squid again.
got enough gold ingots to bribe the gnomes. Now I have to find a way to beef up to kill the suzaku and get the the final card for the tarot lady.
>>
>>4109179
Also I dont get entirely the chaining system. Might have some random element to it, the same combination might yield two level 2 chains or a level 3 or 4 chain
>>
>>4109192
Turn order matters for combos, and if an enemy gets a turn in the middle of your combo it will cut the combo short. Since turn order can be somewhat random, you're not always guaranteed to get a high level combo even with the same commands.
>>
>>4109179
Besides Cotton it seems like a perfectly solid party, nothing wrong here, T260G alone can carry Blue through the whole game.
>Got the gift of light magic at luminous
Good choice, did you learn LightSword yet? It's a really powerful spell, since you have Gen and Emilia in your party it would be a good idea to have both learn it if they have the gift and a free weapon slot.
>Bats are bastards.
Don't kill too many of those, something bad will happen if you do.
>She told me something and nothing happened.
Mesarthim won't join you if you don't have any mystic other than Silence, which you can't get anyway since you chose to get the Light gift.

It seems really weird to me that you need to grind for Suzaku with that party and after all you've done, especially when T260G should not even take any damage from it, then again you need to understand how to build mechs well enough.

Since you've explored all of those places I suppose you got some good equipment you can put on T260G, the three treasures you get in Mu's tomb are already pretty great for a mech, moreover, you can get the really powerful Rune or Zerosword from shops, in the caves in Koorong you should have found some pretty decent body armors that you can slap on T260G, coupled with the Mizukagami from Mu's tomb you should already be fairly tanky so that the Suzaku scratches her at best, check your inventory for Fire Leathers since they give you extra defense against Suzaku's fire based attacks, if you have any putting them on humans is a good idea, I suggest you swap Cotton for Engineer Car, or put Mei Ling and train her with guns, monsters aren't easy to learn by yourself and even when you do they might still lag behind humans or mechs in terms of versatility.
Did you get the Cometblade from Wakatu? There's also a Secret Board you can get in the backstreet of Koorong for 100 credits or so, and that's a world of difference for mechs.
>>
>>4109742
what are the benefits of LightSword for a magic user? I had the impression that Shadow Servant is better.
>>
>>4109742

I finaly did it. By your description it seems I missed some loot but after doing some tinkering with the mechs and giving fire leathers+crystals to the humans suzaku did considerably less damage.

As it turns out the nail in the coffin was a water cannon on the repair mech. Since he was quick he could help with consistent level 4 chains. I expected that to do damage to suzaku but I did not expect for it to sinergyze so well with other waza

Thanks for the feedback anon
>>
>>4109764
>LightSword for a magic user?
+10 Stat bonus for all the most important stats and innate Deflect are pretty strong for anyone, not just a magic user.
>I had the impression that Shadow Servant is better.
The problem with Shadow Servant is that it costs a lot and if you get hit once it's over, moreover, magic users don't really have anything damaging enough to maximize Shadow Servant outside of Flashfire, Vermillion Sands and Tower, which all run on JP anyway, meaning you risk blowing your main damage fuel away for nothing, gun users have a much better time with it by stacking the Victory Rune, Two Guns and then Shadow Servant, you can do some pretty absurd damage with it for little to no WP at all, and even if they dispel Shadow Servant it's no biggie since you have both WP and JP pools, pure mages are better suited for LightSword in most scenarios.

Another problem that comes with Shadow Servant is that many bosses have AoE, which makes it more of a gamble than anything even if you try to mix things up with Mirrorshade or the Magician Tarot, on those that do not though it's a pretty solid choice.
Also, Shadow Servant is completely useless for solo runs, LightSword in turn is even better during solo runs than normal runs.

I must also say that Powersnatch saved my ass more times than I can remember on my Blue solo run though, it is a really underrated spell, Shadownet also has its uses, I think that if you solo Shadow Magic is much better than Light in the early game, it's cheap and has a really, really good toolset, Light Magic gets better by the midgame when you have enough power to not need Powersnatch anymore
>>4109856
Cheers anon, now you can get to the real meat of Blue's story.
>>
>>4111062

>Cheers anon, now you can get to the real meat of Blue's story.

just to hit another roadblock with the time mage, funnily enough

I managed to get my mechs really beefed up, both have powered suits now and one of them has the heavy blaster, but giving away the life point on Blue to get the sand veil was a big hinderance.

I presume Timelord does his multiple attack thing when his HP is in half, but depending on how much he focuses on Blue he runs out of LP before the fight is over, he can hit him with a summon worth 600 damage when his max HP is 500, even with Shield and psychoarmor on.

I imagine glassshied might prove effective, but I dont know if giving up the other school of magic to get it is an one way street or not
>>
>>4111664

Thank the gods above for PsychicPrison

I hate when other RPGs drill this attitude into me of almost never using spells like these on bosses, its a goddam life saver.

Get fucked Doctor Who
>>
>>4111891
>>4111664
For that fight I remember using T260, overdrive doesn't scratch his 999 HP
>>
Any tips for learning mikiri permanently in RomaSaGa 3? I've managed to learn 3 so far but they're all red and on three different characters. I'm thinking the best way would be to use Desert Lance with one of the characters in front, then enter a battle with an enemy that has the corresponding attack. Is there a better, more consistent method?
>>
>>4108785
>let's hope she doesn't make up too much stuff.
>hoping a girl is gonna do a good professional job and not make shit up
>implying she isn't gonna fuck it up and then summon feminist allies when called out on her shit
>if she even ever finishes anything
>>
>>4111891
>I hate when other RPGs drill this attitude into me of almost never using spells like these on bosses
Is this your first SaGa? Because spells in the series are almost always consistently relevant throughout the games, you'd usually find yourself using spells you got in the first hours of the games against final bosses because they're that useful, it's not like FF where 90% of your library becomes irrelevant by the mid game.
>Doctor Who
But he's a reference to Ultima games...
>>4113127
Nothing scratches a well built mech outside of GremlinTouch, MagneticStorm and Tower, and of these three only Magnetic Storm and Tower are actually dangerous.
Mechs are the cheater race, summing up all the single armor values of every piece of armor you equip means they are almost completely invincible at any point in the game, and due to the unique stat bonuses they get they also maximize most other stats, meaning they are excellent at offense too, just make them learn Magnify, Plural Slash/Tiger Rampage, PopSoldier and Self Repair and any mech becomes unstoppable outside of a select few bosses.
>>4113971
>Is there a better, more consistent method?
Not that I know.
>>
>>4116104

>Is this your first SaGa? Because spells in the series are almost always consistently relevant throughout the games, you'd usually find yourself using spells you got in the first hours of the games against final bosses because they're that useful, it's not like FF where 90% of your library becomes irrelevant by the mid game.

It pretty much is, I just beat Blue´s final boss by the way, Im thinking of wich character to do next, Red seems fun with the sentai stuff but I got myself killed in hijacking of the Cygnus without a save like a fucking idiot, guess I got cocky after being so powered up with Blue.
>>
>>4114834

>if she even ever finishes anything

It's the same person that did the script for the RS1 patch, and I've never seen anyone in these threads complain about its quality, so I don't think we have much to worry about.
>>
>>4116118
Yeah, Blue's story makes him into a monster after the magician duel, Red is also one of the monster MCs with his henshin but he's not nearly as broken as Blue with Overdrive+Stasis Rune.
The Cygnus section with Red is pretty interesting to play through, especially since you can meet Blue and Asellus in there.
>>4116134
>It's the same person that did the script for the RS1 patch
If only I had the drive to go through the SNES version again maybe I'd complain about something, judging by how much she made up in a straightforward prologue it doesn't really seem she's able to do good translations, unless you don't really care about ghost writer translators of course, I personally tend to be very picky and don't like people who rewrite text and add stuff that wasn't there, or try to come with DEEP and "stylish" stuff like Terminus Eclipse, which is honestly laughable(also, why use Terminus Eclipse but leave Death Star when they both use the same kanji?).

What troubles me is that she also fucked up the parts of the prologue which are explicitly linked to the game's plot and lore, which suggests she didn't actually play through the game nor made any research about that, or worse, she did and deliberately made a wrong translation for some reason, but it wouldn't explain her wrong use of masculine pronouns when the source text doesn't even use them.

That will create a lot of confusion when people play through the game and find out about Sara and Shonen being both chosen children when the translation talks about a male child instead of being true to the source material which leaves things vague by not using any gender, not to mention that when people will expand their knowledge of the series a bit and check the lore or play stuff like Imperial only to find out that the holy "king" is a she they'll probably wonder what the fuck is up with a game that apparently misleads the player with the prologue, which again, doesn't happen in the source material.
>>
>>4116118

Something that'll help a lot in SaGa Frontier is quick saving, if you press triangle+R2 you can do a quick save, it only takes a second and is incredibly useful, especially if you're fairly new to the game. It's also a good idea to hard save before you start the next part in a character's story, and just use quick saves while you're in it just in case you're too underpowered for it so you can always reload and grind a bit more first.

But yeah, the Cygnus part is pretty hard for how far into the story it is, if you don't mind some tips then getting the three treasures from Sei's Tomb and recruiting Cotton while you're in Shrike will help a lot, you can also absorb SphinxRiddle from the Sphinx enemy you fight at the end of that part too if you're lucky, and end up with a pretty damn good monster very early on.
>>
>>4116335
>>4116118
just remember to make a hard save rather than only a quicksave before you turn the game off. Quicksaves disappear when you do that.
I lost a hour or two of data over this.
>>
>>4116304

you know, shit like this is the biggest motivation one could need to fucking learn japanese already
>>
>>4116304
Why does no one call her out on those obvious mistakes?
>>
>>4116950
Well, that question answers itself, people who are interested in translations don't have the knowledge of the language necessary to judge whether the translation is good or not, people who do either don't bother at all checking or are simply tired of arguing with the people in the hacking scene and just leave it be, after all if people are motivated enough to get the best out of a medium they'll learn the language like they did, fortunately or unfortunately, this isn't really true.

Mind you, this isn't something that is exclusive to the hacking scene, the localization business is much worse, even outside of the vidya industry things aren't really all that different, and I'm telling you this as someone who worked as a museum/tourist guide and translator for a living, the only good sector in media where you can find high quality translations more or less consistently is books, mostly because those that do work in there are usually professionals with serious knowledge of many subjects and a strict ethical code that goes beyond money and attentionwhoring.

Unfortunately, videogames are still seen as a business or a hobby more than anything, on any level, so you get this kind of problems, not to mention that many directors or designers aren't really interested in what happens to their product after it's localized or don't really have the knowledge to judge whether the localized script is good or not, bonus points if you're a westaboo like Kojima that won't mind as long as the altered text sounds badass enough in language X.
And of course, it's not like the average player cares either, /vr/ itself has a lot of people who swear by Woolsey's localization or O'Smith's rewrites.
>>
>>4118456
That was very informative

And yeah as a person whose first language isn't english I'm surprised how people can tolerate incorrect translations and even defend it. Some random RPGs like Grandia or Lunar feel so butchered that they are unplayable to me
>>
>>4118513
>Some random RPGs like Grandia or Lunar feel so butchered that they are unplayable to me
Same, but most people don't really care as long as they can read something I guess.
>>
I've looked a bit into the Artepiazza guys who made the RS2 remaster, turns out they've been around since the SNES days and worked on Dragon Quest games a lot, especially their remakes and ports for DS/3DS/Mobile, the previous RS2 mobile port was also made by them.
We still don't really know whether it's them who are working on the remaster for 3, but considering that they mostly did 3D stuff and that the RS2 remake had the excuse of using the mobile port as a base, I guess the RS3 remaster is going to be in 3D or a 3D/2D mix, at least, it seems very likely considering their portfolio.

There's nothing on their website regarding the remaster and Kawazu himself has been completely silent since a month by now, so take this with a grain of salt.
What do you think of a remaster in 3D or with maybe 3D maps+2D sprites like the DS Metal Max games?
>>
I do wonder, should I play the android RS2 port or should I emulate the SNES version and play with a guide?
>>
>>4120080
Playing with a guide kind of defeats the purpose of playing a game, SaGa games played with a guide are even worse.
>>
>>4120207

Depends on the game really, personally if I'm playing an RPG or any other long game I'm almost certainly only going to play it once, so I'll usually use a guide so I can see everything possible on my first playthrough. SaGa games are an exception to that though since they're usually non-linear and based more on exploration, so I like to go in as blind as possible and try not to look things up.
>>
>>4120294
>so I'll usually use a guide so I can see everything possible on my first playthrough
My first playthrough on everything is always blind, if I don't have the drive to do a second playthrough then it's not worth using a guide to begin with.
Besides, as I grew older I cared about completionism less and less, outside of certain games most optional stuff is fluff that doesn't really mean anything, it's like opening every chest in the game when most chests have nothing useful inside.
Last game I used a guide out of actual need was Metal Max 2:R, because I really couldn't figure out what the dog guarding the temple in Taisha wanted, though in hindsight if I did use it earlier I would have not wasted around 10 hours trying to figure out how to complete the Golden Hotel quest by myself, that was one of most mindboggling quests I did in recent times, a true Wizardry IV tier quest.
>>
>Page 10
Bump
>>
What's a good starting point?
>>
>>4122546
Progressing in release order is a good idea if you have the time and interest to learn about the games' systems, some earlier games in the series are a bit hard to get into if you start from the older ones.
If you don't wanna do that, most people agree on SaGa 2, Romancing SaGa 3 and Frontier to be the best games to get you accustomed quickly to the series, as they teach you most of the key stuff in the series.

Avoid Romancing SaGa 2 and Frontier 2 as they require more careful planning and knowledge of the series in order to play through smoothly, they're not completely undoable but they have a fairly unique progression design and might be pretty frustrating and the amount of unspoken rules and mechanics might be overwhelming for someone who doesn't know anything about the series.
SNES Romancing SaGa is a mixed bag since it was a transition title and the team wanted to try a lot of new things like Sparking, pseudo open world and a lot of other daring design choices which ended up being implemented a bit badly, the PS2 Minstrel Song remake is widely considered to be the best version of the game, and one of the best titles in the franchise too.

SaGa 1 has a neat Wonderswan Colour remaster which also has an english patch, it's still a bit archaic but it shouldn't be a problem since we're on /vr/, the GB version still has its charm though.
GB SaGa 2 has a great NDS remake which kept all of the content of the original while adding new mechanics and content, the original version is still very worth it, especially for the great chiptunes, but if it's too old for you consider playing the DS version.
GB SaGa 3 is the black sheep of the series and is hardly considered a SaGa game at all, the NDS remake is unarguably definitive version of the game so feel free to skip the original if you don't have enough time or if it doesn't click with you.

Lastly, SaGa games have zero handholding, that too is an explicit design choice.
>>
>>4122578
>Progressing in release order is a good idea
This. The first two SaGa games on the Gameboy are pretty short. Possibly take around 12 hours or so to complete and are a great starting point since you won't have that lost feeling compared to later SaGa games while still letting you grapple with various growth mechanics.
>>
>>4122847
Are they too primitive though?
>>
>>4122920
Compared to the games of the time, I'd say no, not at all, they are primitive if you compare them to the later games in the series, which is why I told you to progress in release order so you don't spoil the experience, but for the market of the time, as in late 80's early 90's they're perfectly fine games, pretty deep even considering the average RPG in the japanese market.

You must also consider that the first SaGa is literally the first RPG on handhelds, so it was groundbreaking on many different levels, not many people realize this but one of the major points that SaGa made at the time was that handhelds were more than enough capable of handling RPGs and slightly more complex games than simple platformers or SHMUPs, which is also a reason why it was such a success and Square's first million unit seller, nobody saw anything like that at the time, the fact that gameplay wise it could compete with console games of the time with no problems was just the cherry on top.
>>
Can anyone identify the music in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55gD5Hf4K0
>>
>>4123985
Romancing Kanon
>>
>>4089048
Wasn't Unlimited super hardcore stuff?
>>
>>4124629
it's pretty much pen and paper tier
>>
>>4124629
As a game it's basically a P&P game in videogame form, and possibly one of the best attempts at that.

Regarding forging? Wouldn't say it's super hardcore but yeah, it's pretty deep if you want to customize and toy around with equipment,
it's probably the most in depth forging system in the series, only Minstrel Song rivals that, among JRPG I've still to find something that can compete outside of Vagrant Story, and even in Vagrant Story's weapons are mostly statsticks whereas Unlimited's forging system radically modifies how a weapon works.

To make an example, if you make a Spatha in VS you can change the hilt and materials, hilts give you different damage modifiers and up to three gem slots you can use to further stack stats through gems, material further stack stats but also give you different PP and DP pools, which in the end also stack stats, a Silver Spatha has better native bonus against undeads while a Damascus Spatha has better all around attributes, especially Physical and a few negative ones.

In Unlimited you don't have gems or hilts, but in contrast the material you choose modifies the basic damage multiplier, weight(which affects speed, your weapon moveset and Martial art class), durability and moveset.
The difference between a Bone Knife and a Steel Knife is reflected not only in the attack value, but also in the steel knife's different moveset, the fact that is has slightly less durability and makes your character act slower than a Bone Knife, moreover forging in Unlimited has more complex skill and properties retention compared to VS, so you can forge a Steel Sword enough to make it as light as a Wood Sword, with the moveset of a Lead Sword and maybe even access to spells or passive skills if you previously forged it with magic materials, none of this is possible in VS.

Forging in Unlimited is more or less like Demon Fusion in SMT.
>>
>>4125408
>the fact that is has slightly less durability and makes your character act slower than a Bone Knife,
all forged equipment has the same weight anon

the difference in speed is a consequence of using different moves
>>
File: 1468206168983.gif (2MB, 310x176px) Image search: [Google]
1468206168983.gif
2MB, 310x176px
>got a copy of FFL2 the other day
>had working saves, tested it myself
>take cart apart, clean contacts, remove any little dirt particles inside, etc.
>start game up again
>saves are gone
>whatever, new file was just in starting town at the beginning anyway
>start a new game, only intending to check that saving still works so just rolling filler characters
>get to menu, go to save game
>saving doesn't work, file isn't saved, and character party doesn't even show up on the save window
>then I notice my party
>every single member is now a maxed out Wyrm with the name 'hahahaw'
>even the guest slot is filled with this
>every party member is paralyzed
>they're all equipped with 99 durability muramasas and 99 use damage spells
>extra item bag is nothing but more muramasas and damage spells
>claims max GP and 99 magi despite plot saying there are only 77 (I've not played this game before so you know)
>go out of town, Mr. S joins me
>he replaces the guest slot
>check save window again, saving did in fact work before, slots just didn't show up
>saved over a few slots but whatever, it was someone else's files in the end
>attempt to enter north cave
>it sends me to the north town past the cave
>exit the town, end up exiting at the town in the map
>attempt to enter other side of cave closest to town
>entry point flat out does nothing
>cannot re-enter town, does the same thing as the cave (nothing)

So seriously, what the fuck just happened to my game? Is this some kind of weird anti-piracy thing, or did I just find some godmode hack on accident, or what? I'm totally confused by this.

>pic related is me as all this is happening
>>
>>4126384
as a small update to this, Mr. S is still with me on the other side of the cave. I went into the big palace-looking place west of the town, and I'm in a big area with a statue on a second floor. I can't interact with it, but I can talk to the people.

If I try to leave, I pop up on the map just outside and then instantly go back into town, as if I spawned on the map and then immediately was on top of an entrypoint to the palace.

This is all kinds of weird for me here, anybody know what's going on?
>>
>>4126398
*instantly go back into the palace

Essentially I'm trapped inside the palace space.
>>
>>4126403
your cart is dying of old age
>>
>>4126478
So the battery is dying or the rom chips are borked or what? I'd like to restore it to working order if possible.
>>
>>4126978
>>take cart apart, clean contacts, remove any little dirt particles inside, etc.
the fact is you didn't tell anyone exactly what you did here so how is anyone supposed to explain to you exactly what you did to fuck it up?
>>
>>4127057
It's pretty standard, but okay.

>open cart using security bit
>remove dirt from contacts with isopropyl and qtips
>blow out dust and dirt with canned air
>put back together

It's what I've done for many years now and this is the first I've ever seen a cart do something like this.

It seems almost like an antipiracy thing, but I don't know that this is the case. It looks like a legit Nintendo cart and the PCB/internals all look correct.
>>
Im playing Frontier here, am I doing something wrong is is it that characters stop sparking when they are at higher levels? most of my humans sparked once or twice and then never again
>>
>>4127086
Magic and Gun Techniques only spark after battles.

Sword and Fighting techniques have spark rates that are lower for stronger attacks, requiring you to fight very strong enemies to get the better ones. Every character has a list of Sword/Fighting techniques that they are either good or bad at learning. If you are bad at learning a technique, then the rate is always 1/255.

The chance of learning Spells and Gun Techs is based on the character's current INT stat. The chance of raising a stat becomes harder when it's current value is higher. Wearing stat boosting equipment will make your stats to a lower threshold, but if you raise INT this way it will at least make it easier to learn spells and gun techniques.

Use stat boost gear on Mystics and Monsters whenever possible. It won't make a difference in the long run on humans.
>>
>>4127086
I should also mention that you need to use different techniques to spark different other techniques. Each technique has it's own list of techniques it can and cannot spark, as in 0%, you have to use different techs to get all the techs.
>>
>>4127086

You can't learn new stuff if your ability list is full, I usually keep at least one space open at all times for my human characters until I'm ready for the final dungeon.

I think you can still learn new Gun and Magic techs since they're learned after battle and not automatically put into your ability list IIRC, but I haven't played Frontier for years and might be wrong about that.
>>
>>4127073
maybe you should google it
>>
Does Minstrel Song have many video cutscenes? or at least relevant ones?
Im trying to burn a DVD for my PS2 but the opening cinematic always comes out jittery as fuck no matter what ISO I use, so I imagine my DVD drive is not up to the task of burning the game.

If most relevant story bits are in-game I can just say fuck it and play it anyway, gameplay seems fine.
>>
>>4127780
You get the starting intro cut scene before the title screen, an over view one, then possibly a few intro ones per each route, then some with Saruin's minions, and that is about it. You can gut the cut scenes from the game, it isn't like other PS2 JRPG's with hours worth of it, most of the information you will be given is through the game itself rather than a cut scene.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Alright I've been playing this for 6 and a half hours and it feels like I have achieved almost nothing. I found a chalice that I'm supposed to use to kill a vampire or some shit and the emperor is sick. What do?
>>
>>4127707
Googling brings up some other glitch pages but nothing remotely like what I've got going on here.
>>
>>4128572
>What do?
Whatever you want. Even by series standards, the first Romancing SaGa has very few required objectives to beat the game. Just keep exploring and carve out your own journey.
>>
>>4126384
>with the name 'hahahaw'
That's almost twice the number of characters you can have in a name.
>>
>>4127780
Each MC has one prerendered cutscene, all the rest is done through in-game dialogues and a few slideshow cutscenes here and there for a few quests for the main story, some characters like Hawke also have some slides for their own personal quest but it's very rare.
>>4128572
>What do?
Whatever you want Anon, you're not forced to do any of those things, just explore, talk to people and take the game as it goes.
From the Romancing trilogy SaGa adopts non linearity, if you're used to the usual feeling of achievement in progressing through a game like FF where you strictly proceed through the main story with a few sidequests and minigames on the side SaGa is the complete opposite, 90% of the game is made of completely optional "sidequests" and 10% is main quest segments.
>>
>>4128934
I realize, it's very strange.

I still have the save file, the character name is listed as 'hawhaw' on the save screen.

My only guess is that the game somehow got some fucked ram values that got saved and thus I now have a freaky broken file.
>>
>>4130790
Maybe your chips or some of the contacts got fucked up, after all we're talking about 20+ years old carts here, wouldn't be a surprise.
>>
File: NOT PREDICTABO.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
NOT PREDICTABO.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
>Check Famitsu's poll for the currently most beloved RPGs
>No SaGa games
>Xenogears in the list even though it was not as popular as SaGa Frontier in one of the previous polls for the PS best games of all time
>>
>>4133589
How SaGa became a franchise with lots of games if it's not even too followed in Japan?
>>
File: 1177664702803.jpg (36KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1177664702803.jpg
36KB, 704x396px
>>4133589
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Famitsu_Japan's_100_favorite_video_games
>>
>>4133872
Back in the days SaGa was huge, especially on the SNES, which makes the late Famitsu poll even weirder because both Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 were million sellers with huge following, Romancing SaGa 2 was also one of the games that gave a huge fuck you to Famitsu and its 24 score by selling around 1.4M, it was so popular at the time it even got a somewhat official manga.
The series' popularity slope began with the PS2 days, mostly because Wada tried his hardest to kill it after Minstrel Song, not getting a mainline and a decent budget for a decade kinda does that to franchises, secondly because the series started to let go of orthodox maps and exploration starting from Frontier 2, not having explorable cities and dungeons starting from Unlimited contributed to cut down the fanbase to the most aficionados only.
If you look at Famitsu comments for recent SaGa games like Scarlet Grace you'll often see people bitching about that, no standard exploration and normal cities/dungeons is a big turnoff for people.

Looking at that Famitsu poll is really weird though, Suikoden II, CT and Xenogears amidst a sea of DQ, Persona and FF but not a single SaGa game? Not even Romancing SaGa 3? I mean, I can kind of understand CT, but Suikoden II and Xenogears really look out of place, either they rigged the poll or the japs took a piss at Famitsu because I've not seen either of those ranked anywhere that high in recent memory.
That Witcher 3 on the last spot is pretty hilarious though.
>>
>>4133880

>5. Machi

Can't wait for my moon to be powerful enough to enjoy this.
>>
>>4134357
Famitsu is a shitty rag for shilling to teenagers, this has never really changed, it's ratings are for sale
>>
I'm really close to Saurin in RS1, and i was wondering what's the best magic for buffing? So far sorcery got enchant weapon and armor, but you can easily get those from a mage staff. Also, should everyone learn at least one kind of magic, or should I keep it to a one party member?
>>
>finished Red´s path

>DOES JUSTICE EVER EXIST?

>then a fake trailer happens

That alone makes me forgive the bullshit of five boss battles in a row, jesus, I spent half my party´s JP on the fake BlackX and it took me half an hour to beat all 3 bosses using mostly basic moves.
Then half an hour more for the cyborg and the final boss going all out.

Im going to start Emelia now,, then I think it will be Arsellus, T026, Rikki and leave Lute for the last.
>>
>>4135590
>and i was wondering what's the best magic for buffing?
Sorcery gives you equipment related buffs, Spirit magic gives you character stats related buffs, Spirit Magic is really all about buffs with a few offensive spells mixed in, and yeah, it's always a good idea to have all party members use one or two schools magic in SaGa games, given how the stat system works and the magic systems' versatility there's zero downsides in it.
Remember that characters with high Compassion are more suited for healing magic than characters with high Intelligence, who are more suited for offensive magic.
>>4135957
>That alone makes me forgive the bullshit of five boss battles in a row, jesus
It's a grand finale like all respectable Toku shows, I wish they made final boss rushes more frequently in RPGs, I like them a lot, the Round Table in Unlimited is one of my favorite fights in the series.
>>
File: 1424874434441.jpg (246KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1424874434441.jpg
246KB, 1024x768px
Does anyone know who the artist responsible for the western redesigns of the GB games is?
I can understand not liking capes or spikes, but the obsession with adding kneecaps and random bandages is almost unhealthy even for the 90's standards.
>>
>>4139076

I have no idea but that western Borgin in the lower right is amazing.
>>
Love dat pixelart.
>>
I'm about to start Minstrel Song and is there anything I should know for my first playthrough?
>>
>>4139076
looks like someone just took Shadowrun and Mad Max and mashed the styles up together
>>
>>4139416
God tier OC material
>>4141248
Be careful with ER, all the rest is usual SaGa but with more mechanics than average.
Just don't start with Grey, his own quest is rather troublesome and won't let you enjoy the game on a fresh file.
>>
Looks like Imperial is still going strong, maybe I should get back into it one day, I kinda miss the crazy event missions, now that both SaGa 1 and Unlimited are in there's even more dream teams one could make, shame it's a browser game.
>>
Official website for the Romancing SaGa 3 remaster and apparently anything related to the game, just in case you really want a bottle of Harid's Rum.
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/romasaga3/
>>
I decided to leave Frontier aside for bit, playing my third campaing with emelia got a bit samey with me while revesiting the same dungeons for the third time to go straight for the treasures.

I dunno what I should play next, perhaps RS3? maybe the gameboy ones, those seem short enough, or perhaps the DS remake of SaGa 2.
>>
>>4144172
>I decided to leave Frontier aside for bit, playing my third campaing with emelia got a bit samey with me while revesiting the same dungeons for the third time to go straight for the treasures.
you can actually beat the scenarios pretty quickly, yu get your team and grab some treasures and then just slam through the storyline as fast as possible

Emelia's can be done in 2-4 hours easily
>>
>>4144172
All of your choices are good, Emilia has a few unique dungeons of her own though, one in particular is pretty fun story wise, since you meet a certain group of characters in there during a particularly "interesting" situation for Emilia.
The GB games are all pretty short so you can alternate those to a character's story in Frontier.
>>
>>4144128
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.