[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Capcom Super Jump*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: one-for-jayjay.png (65KB, 1152x672px) Image search: [Google]
one-for-jayjay.png
65KB, 1152x672px
What was the point?
>>
launch your opponent in the air and follow up with an air combo until it hits the ground
>>
>>4056704
adds to the epic meter of the game.
>>
>>4056704
if you have to ask then youre an autist
>>
>/vr/ pretends it knows shit about fighting games
>>
File: 1496895516728.jpg (224KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496895516728.jpg
224KB, 1536x2048px
>>4056704
*Jumps behind u*
*unsheathes glock 9*
heh... nothin personnel, kid
>>
>>4056704
>getting out of the corner
>avoiding pressure
>dogde full screen hyper combos
>avoid getting chipped to death
>continuing a combo after launcher
>force your opponent to reposition

are u fuckin retarded?
>>
>>4056768
whyd you have to add that last part, is there something wrong with you?
>>
>>4056790

Ah, you must be a fuckin' retard.
>>
>>4056795
nice guy

funny too
>>
>There are people browsing this thread who doesn't picks both characters from the same company.
>>
>>4056790
OP here; to be fair, I am retarded.

>>4056768 is a practical, probably muscular man who understands Capcom rationale: cranking up attack ranges, density and hit box sizes for mere visual impact doesn't need to involve that much tiresome rebalancing afterwards if you just slap in another game mechanic that proportionally scales mobility at the cost of obnoxiously hijacking the view from one of the players and throwing off the flow of the gameplay. It's not as if the ADD children the game was aimed towards were going to care, 2bh
>>
File: 1485041530038s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485041530038s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>4056814
eh true but mvc and mvc 2 are still great
>>
File: vr.gif (2MB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
vr.gif
2MB, 540x360px
>>4056816
Agreed
>>
>>4056814
Theres tons of fighting games, if you cant into super jump just change the game.

I think the super jump is great on this game, I doubt some characters could survive certain situations without it.

How is this supposed to be aimed at ADD children?
>>
>>4056814
I can smell the salt
>>
>>4056816
Mvc2 on mame when
>>
>>4056835
Never, Mame is shit for 3D
>>
>>4056832
probably the seamen in ur face lmao
>>
>>4056849
REKD
>>
>>4056814
>slap another game mechanic

Super jumps are from X-Men:Children of the Atom, one could argue its from Darkstalkers(which came out a 4 months before)

its been there since the inception of marvel games, its a mechanic that defines the series

and its a mechanic popular enough to be added to nearly every other fighting game franchise since
>>
>>4056896
you can't super jump in darkstalkers what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>4056906
Lilith has a super jump in VSAV, idk about Night Warriors tho
>>
>>4056909
Oh I see, intredasting.
>>
Discussing fighting games is so annoying because the meta is so figured out and set in stone nobody dares question anything about the mechanics.
So what if OP doesn't like super jump nobody is forced to enjoy every mechanic, jeez.
>>
>>4056896
Enhanced jumps were eventually pretty common; they usually try to tone it down to not fuck with the framing. SFIII and Darktalkers were fine most of the time

Rival Schools kept the ridiculous jump height from the Marvel vs. series, but at least it kept both characters on screen since it was 3D; it was still an annoyingly exploitable stalling technique though
>>
>>4056913
you are an idiot

he asked "whats the point?"

As in "what use does a mechanic like this have?"

the fact that he couldn't figure out that in a game like marvel, where characters can be launched FUCK HIGH in the air, you would need a method to follow up and continue the combo. Let alone the other dozens of other uses that mechanic has.

put 2 and 2 together.

no one gives a fuck about his uninformed opinion on super jumps
>>
>>4056824
iirc this move can actually lead to an infinite tick damage trap. When you kill an enemy character, you dash into the corner and activate it, time it right so the flames start when the 2nd enemy character is already in the screen. If you do it right, he'll be facing your back, so if he blocks, you are pushed back - towards him. Push blocking does the same. You can repeat it until he dies from tick damage.
>>
>>4056929
That's hilarious
>>
>>4056913
>nobody dares question anything about the mechanics

fighting games are like peer-reviewed science

you have to know what the fuck you are talking about before you decide to voice your opinion on the matter

you can't just say shit without proper evidence in fighting games

this is why newbies who pretend they know shit get butthurt because they get "corrected" all the fucking time
>>
>>4056932
Yeah but I'm not 100% sure that it cannot be stopped. iirc even if you let go of blocking, it will keep you in block stun due to the repeating damage, which makes it a trap - but maybe you can push block cancel to a super or something, even if it just unblocks you, it'll allow you to escape the trap.
>>
File: the-amazing-autismoman.png (16KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
the-amazing-autismoman.png
16KB, 300x100px
>>4056926
Aw, shame it's not banner season
>>
Marvel vs. Capcom general?!

>Favorite heroes

Jin, War Machine, Venom, Spider Man

>Heroes you hate

Hulk, Golden War Machine

>Heroes you wish you were good at

Megaman, Chun Li, Zangief

>Favorite helper

Colossus
>>
Bump i want to ser /vr/ talk about fightans
>>
>>4056909
Lilith's jump is more like a high jump in 3S, also Savior came out well after Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, and X-Men VS Street Fighter.
>>
>>4057013
God I love the first mvsc cant find anyone from my country to play it with

Jin, Venom, Strider
Hulk, War Machines, Wolverine
Wolverine
Psylocke
>>
>>4057574
>God I love the first mvsc cant find anyone from my country to play it with
Use fightcade!
>>
File: 1353876791296.jpg (73KB, 609x587px) Image search: [Google]
1353876791296.jpg
73KB, 609x587px
>>4056814

MvC's Venom sprites turned me gay, thanks CapCom.

>mfw all the loving attention they put into making him have a good butt
>>
>>4057751
even with fightcade some games you like aren't popular in your country and vice versa.

unless you're american. I bet you guys still have mud servers with over 100 ppl.
>>
>Draw beautiful sprawling backgrounds
>Can't fucking interact with them
Fighting games were a mistake.
>>
>>4056935
That just stilts discussion and makes these threads fucking boring. You can't even say stupid uninformed shit without triggering some shouryukendotcom autist, it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>4057928
That actually works in any setting unless you're a dumbfuck surrounded by dumbfucks which sounds to me like a pothead circle
>>
>>4057928
Kid, look where you are.

Better get lectured than to live in ignorance.
>>
>>4057782
Tfw no fightan fuckbuddies
>>
>>4057936
But I don't fucking care about gitting gud. I play as Roll for fuck sake. Why are fighter fans such try hards?
>>
>>4057936
why even have these threads then, just post a link to the shouryuken wikia all the meta game is already figured out and laid out there
FFS
>>
File: 00000068.png (59KB, 704x448px) Image search: [Google]
00000068.png
59KB, 704x448px
>>4057909
Play proper fighting games then.
>>
>>4056707
I get the impression you're saying this tongue-in-cheek.
>>
>>4057945
yeah, that's pretty much what a newcomer to a 20+ year old fighting game is supposed to do if he wants to impose a little challenge.
>>
>>4057942
Good question, i am bad at the game myself but its great when you can beat stufff you couldnt before. MvC gives me nostalgia, thats why I keep comming back to it, turbo speed is nuts.
>>
>>4057982
Such awesome art.
>>
>>4057987
That's bullshit, you should figure out tactics on your own like arcade kids did back in the 90s.
>>
>>4058026
You learn that the way you want faggot
>>
>>4058031
I'm gonna stay terrible at fighting games and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Deal with it.
>>
>>4058034
Fucking millennials
>>
>>4058046
Fucking tryhards.
>>
>>4058034
Now is fine. It doesn't even matter.

But there was a time when losing meant going back in line and spending more money.
>>
>>4056835
mvc2 on demul now
>>
>>4058072
This, but I guess it doest matter if you're american, your parents probably gave you enough money to play as many times you wanted
>>
When did it become looked down upon for trying your best? Didn't most people give it their all when it came to playing games? It's fine if you want to be a casual but stay in your corner while the big dogs talk.
>>
>>4059108
>stay in your corner while the big dogs talk.

So it's not fine after all, you're saying. It makes you inferior, you're saying.

But why is it so looked down on to try your best at being nice to people, or (if you prefer) at communicating effectively with them, while also being skilled at some relatively unimportant hobby?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.