[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After market NES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: nt.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
nt.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
The NES seems to be pretty unreliable, but most after market systems use emulation. Any ideas of non emulation NES after market systems. Besides the Analogue Nt
>>
>>4056121
Use a Pi.

Not memeing, It'll do for NES. Basically what the nintendo mini uses.
>>
>>4056121
>most after market systems use emulation
Nope. Only hipster shit. Use teh googles. There are literally thousands of hardware clones. Most are shit but some are very good.
>>
Just get a real NES system and flashcart you idgit.
>>
>>4056121
>most after market systems use emulation
Nope. Be summer and triggered as you want but that's just bullshit
>>
The AVS from retrousb.com is usually recommended if you don't want to spend the $$$ for the analogue nt.
>>
>>4056121
>The NES seems to be pretty unreliable,
Disable the lockout chip and clean the pin connector.
>Any ideas of non emulation NES after market systems
Just emulate the games then.
>>
>>4056128
Even the most generic FPGA board with the NES core is better
>>
>>4056385
Stop making stupid "it's summer" arguments because the post is shit and stupid, this kind of shit you can find on /vr/ all year long
>>
>>4056502
Have they fixed integer scaling on the AVS yet?
>>
>>4056121
My wifes son says you cant go past the retron 5
>>
>>4056610
>it's summer every day of the year on /vr/
Did you just figure this out?
>>
Whatever you do don't buy a retron 5. It broke the first day I had it. Plugged in snes cart, didn't load. Pulled it out, had a huge struggle with it and then the pins on the connector stripped. Had two games plugged in at once and it shorted out both slots, couldn't read games after that. Also the controller is terrible. Tried to contact support and they don't take back consoles unless you have a receipt which is dumb because the consoles have serial numbers on it. Lost $150 for a paper weight. It would be nice if they advertised that you can't use two carts at once, instead they just put it in a section of the users guide that no one ever reads.
>>4056930
>>
Most NES reliability problems originate from either the cartridge pins or the lockout chip, the former can be replaced for much cheaper than the cost of an emulation box and the latter can be circumvented for free
>>
>>4056758
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>4057027
> didn't read manual

That's on you nigga
>>
>>4057049
It doesn't quite do 4:3 to an integer scale causing a slight shimmer with horizontal scrolling. Nothing major but enough to put some people off. It may have since been fixed in a firmware update however.
>>
>>4056758

I don't think so, but the AVS can't use the light gun or R.O.B. either since its digital HDMI only.

If you want a perfect NES fpga clone that can do everything you have to shell out $$$ for the analogue nt.

I just use a RGB modded NES through an OSSC.
>>
>>4056558
>>4057036
Thanks google
>>
>>4057092
I disagree; leaving 2 carts in seems like an easy mistake to make. What if you wanted your kids to use it? you'd literally have to watch them the whole time to make sure they use it properly.

this says to me "we want the product to break "
>>
>>4057027
What a genius
>>
Why can't people build a custom NES PCB and housing using modern components without any of that crappy SoC business?

When I think about it, all we need is to wire up the original components and make sure they work exactly as specified

What stops people from on-demand manufacturing old consoles this way
>>
>>4056121
Get an AV famicom or a top loader. Fuck these clone/remake devices, they all have problems.
>>
>>4057524
Or you know parent your kids. How hard is it to say one game at a time?...well for you it's hard since you couldn't bother reading first
>>
>>4057583
Because there aren't modern components that do the same thing. Unless you make your own logic like, you know, a SoC.

>When I think
You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>4057092
>>4057601
>seize on the 'two carts at once issue'
>ignore the other issues brought up; lousy controller, poor-fitting connectors & shit CS

look at the wife's kids in here
>>
>>4057908
Welcome newfriend
>>
>>4057830
Okay, so why are the SoC versions of old consoles such garbage?
>>
>>4057908
I don't find it hard to believe someone who can't read a manual, or control their kids, manhandled it.
>>
>>4058210
Because parroting. There are some very good SoC clones. Most kids on the internet have never seen them. For that matter they've never seen any. There certainly are bad ones but I don't think you understand exactly how many thousands of different clones have been made.
>>
>>4057002
No, but >>4056385 still doesn't know that
>>
>>4057583
>Why can't people build a custom NES PCB and housing using modern components without any of that crappy SoC business?
Why? NES's chips where scattered around on the board because the technology of the time, we can easily fabricate chips now that can include all the functions of those chips in a single one. Actually we could do that already 25 years ago (and we did).
>>
>>4058681
Very good clones but not exact/perfect replicas of the original console's functioning?
Can you point out these good clones? Last time I looked into them all I got was some brazillian mega drives with horrible, horrible sound.

>>4058686
Makes sense. I don't really care about collecting the original consoles, I just wanted to know that we can still manufacture working consoles if we want to...Software emulation is one thing but hardware is perfect right?
>>
>>4056121
Most aftermarket console are not emulation, easily 98% of them are not in fact. The vast, vast majority of NES clones are hardware NOAC systems. Two are FPGAs, and 2 are emulation, probably 500,000 are NOACs.
>>
>>4058838
Not sure how I would go about pointing out good clones. For example, I have one famiclone with no model number on the hardware, just some private label model number on the box. I've looked and never found anything about it anywhere on the internet. It runs all the games most famiclones have problems with. Works with the FDS, enhanced audio, light gun, standard and onechip carts. It's great. You will probably never find one.
>>
File: IMG_3619.jpg (326KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3619.jpg
326KB, 1000x750px
>>4056121
>Any ideas of non emulation NES after market systems.
I've got a Kevtris modded NES. It's fucking sweet.
>>
File: NES integer scaling.png (49KB, 1070x799px) Image search: [Google]
NES integer scaling.png
49KB, 1070x799px
>>4057096
Probably because that isn't actually possible. NES pixels are not perfectly square, so your only options for displaying them at the proper aspect ratio on a square-pixel LCD are either to make them uneven widths (causing shimmering) or do some sort of interpolation (which reduces shimmering but blurs the pixel edges). In order to have a perfect integer scale with the correct aspect ratio on a square pixel display, you'd need to scale it to 2048x1680.
>>
>>4059745
>not using the internal aspect ratio of 8:7 as the developers originally intended
>>
>>4060071
That's what I'm saying. The NES uses a pixel aspect ratio (PAR) of 8:7, in other words each pixel is a rectangle 8 units wide by 7 units tall. The active area (the part of the frame where graphics are actually drawn) consists of 256x240 of these rectangular pixels, meaning the active area has an overall aspect ratio of 256/240 * 8/7 = 1.219:1. So if you're doing a 3x upscale for a digital TV with square pixels, the resulting active area resolution should be 878x720. For a 4x scale it should be 1170x960, and so forth. Any other aspect ratio is objectively incorrect.

You can read more about it here:
https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Overscan
>>
>>4056142
>There are literally thousands of hardware clones
Hardware emulation is still emulation. If it's not using off the shelf NES parts it's still emulation, technically.
>>
>>4060294
>off the shelf NES parts
lel
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.