[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: quake_box.jpg (64KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
quake_box.jpg
64KB, 500x638px
I've just started playing this, and it's fun as shit, but... How in the goddamn fuck do I do some of these more advanced maneuvers that I've seen people do?

Stuff like grenade jumping and bunny hopping is hard as hell. How do I git gud /vr/?

Quake thread I guess.
>>
>>4056108
When grenade jumping, switch out to your shotgun right after firing a grenade and shoot 4 times. The grenade will explode after 4.5 shots so you can practice timing it beforehand by just holding down the fire button with the shotgun. For bunny hopping you can start with a circle jump which is basically doing a 120 or 90 degree turn on the ground while strafing and moving forwards then jumping. If that's too complicated you can try just looking and strafing right then left to start off. After that, let go of W and use A and D depending on which direction you want to go. So if you want to go left, hold A, then smoothly turn your mouse left instead of jerking then do the opposite if you want to go right. You also have to keep jumping but don't hold down spacebar too long or you will lose speed. In Quake 2 and 3 you have strafe jumping which works differently. This is the best explanation I could write while taking a shit, ask /arena/ on /vg/ if you want to know more.
>>
>>4056243
> let go of W
It's always this that gets me with Quake 1 bunnyhops. The ideas of letting go of the forward key to go forward faster just messes with my head. I find it very difficult to process this simple thing. I keep doing the left/right motion fine, but I can't help but hold +forward and ruin my speed.
>>
>>4056252
KovaaK is a great guy for showing the basic mechanics and how to duel if you're looking for tips on playing online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag
>>
>>4056108
Practice is the key to everything.
>>
>>4056108
you don't do advanced maneuvers when you're a newbie, stupid. play through the game on all difficulties first.
>>
>>4057069
That wouldn't help him learn movement mechanics either. The best way is to just practice in empty maps or join a jump server.
>>
>>4057080
he needs to develop muscle memory to implement advanced moves. but whatever, up to op.
>>
it honestly just takes practice, my anon. Start running and jumping at the same time, and keep doing it. whenever you move, jump. whenever you run, jump. Whenever you stand, jump. Just keep jumping all the time. Never stop. Incorporate it into your movements, you will become a master sooner than you think.
>>
>>4056108
start with putting jump on mouse2
>>
>>4056108
>Stuff like grenade jumping and bunny hopping is hard as hell. How do I git gud /vr/?
Be a bored kid in the late 90's
>>
>>4058340
not necessary at all
>>
>>4056108

What game is that OP?
>>
>>4056108
I love Quake
>>
>>4057069
>you don't do advanced maneuvers when you're a newbie
By definition you must. You can never not be a newbie until you do advanced maneuvers which requires doing them as a newbie to stop being a newbie.
It's called practice. And getting them down early is better than not.
>>
>>4058404
Super Doom
>>
>>4060412
You can play singleplayer on hard or nightmare and do very well without using rocket jumps and bunny hops. They aren't necessary for SP.
Those "advanced" maneuvers are more for Multiplayer and speedrunning. Most people never learn them because they don't need them.

>>4056108

If you can finish quake on hard or nightmare without any saves, I would consider you more advanced than if you could rocket jump or bunny hop.
>>
>>4060427
that's retarded
>>
>>4060427
>If you can finish quake on hard or nightmare without any saves
this is not hard at all desu m8
>>
>>4056243
best (litteral) shit posting
>>
>>4060427
You don't need to use them but they make playing the game more enjoyable and you get the added benefit of not being terrible at the game.
>>
>>4056252
same guy, it just fucks with me too
>>
>>4056252
Play surf in Counter-Strike, you'll get used to it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.