[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Mmx6box.jpg (628KB, 1002x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Mmx6box.jpg
628KB, 1002x1019px
What went wrong?
>>
>>4055909
X5 was too easy in comparision. Otherwise its just memes.
>>
>>4055909
Nothing, only regret is that bug with Zero that makes him invincible.
>>
>>4056089
This trash right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_r7x5bPXb8
>>
>>4055909
They suck past NES except maybe X
>>
File: virus.jpg (167KB, 787x739px) Image search: [Google]
virus.jpg
167KB, 787x739px
Fixed a lot of the bullshit introduced in x5, but also added its own brands of bullshit that weren't quite as annoying as the ones in x5.
Also all the enemies are this guy.
>>
Really bad level design. X5 suffered from that too though

X6 had some cool ideas, I love all the different armors and reploid collection, but the levels are sooo bad
>>
I don't know how a series can maintain dignity and integrity with a sequel count higher than 2
>>
>>4056557
Too true, what's crazier is that megaman fans somehow want EVEN MORE sequels, I mean, nigger there's been over 40 games in the franchise already, ain't that enough?
>>
>>4056579
So series should die after a certain age?
Of course there's a shitload of Mega Man games, it basically established the yearly release style that so many AAA series follow, but unlike those that started in the mid-2000s, it's been around since the 80s. A pretty sizeable chunk of those 40 games are cloistered off into a few eras of gaming, and combined with the series' longstanding problems with growing stale, it's not as if there's 40 unique experiences and games, there's like, five or six. Add to that how short Mega Man games tend to be, the complete lack of a Mega Man game using modern gaming conventions and design, and the thirst makes perfect sense. Out of all of those games, we've had precisely 3 games that were even fully 3D, none of which were traditional Mega Man games, and the only one that tried to be 3D was a complete dumpster fire.
TL;DR we need more Mega Man games
>>
>>4056661
Fuck you, no we don't. Play the old games or go fuck yourself.
>>
>>4056661
MM fans might say they want new games now but back in the day when megaman releases were plentiful they were actually selling like shit and losing sales with each consecutive new release. Megaman Zero 1 sold considerably better than Zero 4 and so on.
>>
>>4056665
I have. I've played just about every single one that matters, even forced my way through the shitty ones like GBII and X6. Shit I've even played Challenger From the Future, that game is a load of crap.

>>4056668
And like I said, Mega Man had a huge problem with getting stale with consecutive releases. Most Mega Mans pretty much peaked after their third installment or so, and most Mega Man sequels ended up being practical clones of the previous game with new weapons and some gimmick changes.
A better way of putting it would probably be we need NEW Mega Man games, not just MORE. There shouldn't just be Mega Man 11, X9, ZX3, I want something that's an entirely new series, that reinvents Mega Man the way the X series, Zero series, Legends series, Battle Network series, et cetera did.
>>
>>4056579
Because there's totally 40 games in the Legends series. Fuck you.
>>
>>4056891
FUCKING RETARD I'm talking about the actual series not the faggy anime jrpg spinoff nobody cares about. They pulled off the cheapest trick in the book, the character cliffhanger, to generate hype and you Legends fags fell for it.
>>
>>4056908
Nice goalposts
>>
>>4056912
Faggots mentioned MEGAMAN GAMES not fucking LEGENDS I didn't even remember it existed, nobody CARES about fucking legends
>>
>>4056916
>MEGA MAN Legends isn't a MEGA MAN game
>>
Love this game, but that's probably because it was my first MM.
>>
>>4056676
>ractical clones of the previous game with new weapons and some gimmick changes.
>I want something [...] that reinvents Mega Man the way the X series [...] did

Except MMX is literaly the classic series with a new coat of paint and new gimmicks.
>>
>>4056917
It isn't, you don't even control Rock you control some Volnutt faggot.
>>
>>4056920
Wow, I feel old.
>>
>>4055909
It was made in 3 months
>>
File: Donald Worship.jpg (464KB, 900x997px) Image search: [Google]
Donald Worship.jpg
464KB, 900x997px
>>4056951
Do you suck that bad at video games with bad controls? Not my fault you can't circle strafe, cunt.
>>
as someone who, as a kid owned 1, 4, and 5, and then rented this i believe twice, it really didn't feel as good as the others. The stages were so weirdly structured compared to 4.

Nowadays I know why that is, and i still don't like it as much as the first 5, but its better than 7, and i would say tied with 8.
>>
>>4055909
>What went wrong?
Your casualism.
>>
>>4056557
See: Castlevania
>>
>>4055909
This game is the worst
>>
>>4056557
>What is King's Field
>>
>>4056676
So what your saying is we should get another legends and power fighters causes they haven't reached their peek yet.
>>
- inafune didn't work on it
- mmx1-4's layout was simple
- mmx6 is confusing
- cool story

+ you can pick a loadout
+ collectibles with a failstate
+ adequate challenge
>>
>>4056552
>dna
too on the nose.
>>
>but its better than 7

That's probably the best thing you can say about X6. That and the music is pretty good.
>>
>>4055909
The level design is horrid. Overall, it was just not a fun game at all.
>>
>>4065340
Rainy Turtloid is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgYRRASqXs
>>
Those FUCKING HOSTAGES that could DIE PERMANENTLY
>>
I dont know how people can defend this game. I understand the need for a challenge, but this crap had parts that were incredibly annoying and unfair

>tfw trying to get through gate's lab 2nd stage with the shadow armor
>tfw exploring alternative routes for the first time and having to get a game over on purpose because High Max ga taosenai
>tfw the fucking silhouettes chasing you in Blizzard Wolf stage

Music was great tho
>>
>>4055909
Poor game didn't even know what it was fighting for.
>>
>>4055909
shit game with a great soundtrack
>>
>>4065340
It's also better than 3, 4 and 5.

The fact that X6 is in the better half of the series is more of a testament to how fucking terrible the X series is, as it's a deeply flawed game.
>>
File: hidinglaugh.png (516KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hidinglaugh.png
516KB, 1280x720px
>>4068073
>>
>>4071002
>It's also better than 3 and 4
Look mom, I'm shitposting.
>>
>>4063112
But i've been told for the last two years that inafune has never actually worked on a video game ever.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.