[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best multiplayer rules for Goldeneye 64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: n64-1345343282.jpg (377KB, 1642x1200px) Image search: [Google]
n64-1345343282.jpg
377KB, 1642x1200px
I dunno if you anons were like me and my friends (I'm 30 and from the UK) but back in the day when I was at school (high school for you americans) we spent an unbelievable amount of time getting stoned and playing Goldeneye multiplayer.

We were very particular about the rules / settings we used, and I wondered if you other anons who grew up in the n64 golden age played it differently or the same?

We pretty much always did:

Pistols only
Licence to Kill mode (one hit kill)
Radar on
No Oddjob allowed

(bonus q: did you guys have favourite characters? I always habitually played as Boris. not even really sure why, was just my lucky character)
>>
>>4055883
>Radar on
Ya goofed. It's only a good idea when you have, say, 2 people in a big map and you worry about too much downtime.
>>
>>4055883
>paintball mode
>jaws and baron samedi unofficial hard mode
>remote mines and proxy mines
>license to kill slappers only for lolz
>helicopter pilot all the way

Randomized the maps for the most part
>>
>>4055883
Oddjob is the only decent character in multiplayer. Why ban him?
>>
>>4055883
I'm glad Rare made goldeneye. Could you imagine how shit it would be if Capcom or Konami made it?
>>
>>4055883
>no oddjob
fuck off casual
>>
>"License To Kill" with "Pistols" and "no auto aim"
Shit was intense sometimes when we couldn't get that damn hit lol
>>
we played all sorts of gametypes, but one very memorable one went like this:

proximity mine weapon pack in the facility map.

one player would first take his in-game player to the very far end of the map, as close as you could get to where bond and trevelyn blow up the gas tanks in single player mode. the room has a body armor in it. then the player physically leaves the room in real life while the other player(s) would lay proximity mines through the entire map basically. then the other player would return to the room and begin...

the goal was to get from the far end of the map all the way to the bathroom of the facility, where the other player would wait in stalls to be killed. the proximity mines would constantly be going off, and the player could use things like his own mines and the assault rifle to try and get mines to blow up if he couldnt get through a pathway.
>>
TWINE MASTER RACE
you guys ever slipt the signal to more TVs?
playing 2x2 with 2 TVs, and cardboard covering oponents screens

>>4055883
>No Oddjob allowed
whats that?
>>
File: 1347769234478.jpg (93KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1347769234478.jpg
93KB, 500x647px
>>4056645
>deathmatch
>explosives only
>10 minutes

fuck yeah twine.
>>
>>4056645
Oddjob is like half the size of other characters, so harder to shoot.
>>
License to Kill
>Slappers Only
>Pistols Only
>Throwing Knives Only
>Rocket Launchers Only
>>
>>4055883
Multi:
Licence to kill
Slapper Only

Solo:
Ennemy Rocket
Only Golden Gun
Play in Archive Level
>>
Silo and Runway multiplayer with custom weapon sets featuring SMGs and nades.
>>
>>4056183
>no auto aim
Forgot about this. Always turned it off when me and my friends played. Everyone used 1.2 control style so you could still run and gun with skill.
>>
File: IMG_0008.png (61KB, 666x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.png
61KB, 666x678px
>>4055883
>health +10
>golden gun
>facility
Whoever has the golden gun is god and camps in the restroom.
>>
>>4055883
Proximity mines, Complex. All day, baby!
>>
>>4056549
this sounds fucking awesome actually. did you have a name for it?
>>
>>4056737
harder to shoot? you just aim down a little and its headshot
>>
>>4055883
No shooting unarmed people
No oddjob
No radar
>>
No radar
No Oddjob

Perfect Dark had better multi-player, you could choose a custom selection of weapons.
>>
>>4055883
>turbo mode on
>no auto aim
these two were the only essentials and always done, regardless of anything else. Sometimes we did paintball mode, sometimes not.

our favourite weapon sets were power weapons. that shit was great. we also played various others, including the one that gave the AR15 (dont remember what it was called now, machine guns?), golden gun, and pistols with one shot kills were great.

goddamn GE mp was so much fun.

I never had a standard character pick but everybody would go for bond. none of us went for oddjob btw. we thought that his head was straight up lined to your gun, you could headshot his ass for days as a standard shot.
>>
>>4056549
This sounds cool. Very creative
>>
>>4056004
>2 people in a big map
Only happens when you gameshark dam or cradle and even then... Don't pretend like accidental screen cheating doesn't happen. It's impossible when your brain picks up a certain pattern of colors in the corner of your eye
>>
It's my house and my game and my N64 so I get to win all of the time, it's only fair.

If you shoot me then Mum makes you apologize and shake my hand, if it happens again Mum sends a warning call to your Mum for behaving badly. A third time? Oh boy, Mum throws you out of the house "goodbye to bad rubbish"
>>
>>4056549
sounds fun
>>
random weapons
>>
>>4056549
are you me? we did the same stuff with friends
>>
>>4056051
>helicopter pilot
my nigga
>>
File: Perfect_dark_cover_art.jpg (62KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect_dark_cover_art.jpg
62KB, 1024x768px
>>4055883
>weapons: turret guns, n-bombs, farsight, slayer, combat knife, and grenades only
>level: random

unwritten rule: grenades are only used in proximity pinball mode. Also using the primary mode of fire with any weapon is generally dishonorable
>>
Facility
Proximity mines

The only way to play
>>
File: 1441562582633.gif (2MB, 300x176px) Image search: [Google]
1441562582633.gif
2MB, 300x176px
>>4063159
>n-bombs
>>
Facility was the go-to level for our group
Usually just deathmatch or 2v2
We liked the power weapons
Anyone who picks oddjob gets slapped in the nuts (except my little brother sometimes played and he could until he got decent enough then we gave him the same treatment)
>>
>>4063261
>deathmatch or 2v2
b..but goldeneye only had 1v1 dditn it?
are mixing memories of twine ?
>>
>>4061860
You sound like a total wanker.
>>
>>4063680

I am rubber you are glue whatever you say bounces off of me and stick to you.

Bullies like you are pure scum and one day a real rain will wash your kind away.
>>
>>4064147
>autism speaks
>>
>>4064156

So funny making fun of a mental disorder.

I pray that nobody you love or care about is affected by something so horrible, find some love in your heart as you are obviously an unhappy person, you will feel much better being nicer.
>>
>>4055883
We played "Suicide Bombers" (before the rise of actual suicide bombers... sandni****s ruin everything)
>No radar
>Grenades
>License to Kill
Rules were simple.
>No weapons allowed (slappers okay)
>Pick up grenade, pull pin, find a 'friend', DON'T THROW. Lolz ensue.
There was no 'winner', but it was a fun and hilarious way to piss off your friends and take it too. The best kills were the ones where a player kills you with a slap but your corpse explodes to take them out (P1: "Gotcha!" | ...BOOM! | P2: "Did you though?")
>>
>>4063163
>plant mines in all spawns
>first one to die chaindies 6 times
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.