[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcade General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 38

File: donkeykongjr15[1].jpg (321KB, 930x585px) Image search: [Google]
donkeykongjr15[1].jpg
321KB, 930x585px
Lets talk arcades and arcade games.

What are your favourite arcade games? What are you playing right now? Do you have a local arcade? Do you have a home setup (pics welcome and encouraged)? Any arcade memories from yesteryear?
>>
>>4054965
My favorite arcade games are the classics. Especially vector monitor games. By the mid-late 80's home systems had enough power to do a decent impersonations of arcade games and only got closer after that. 70s and 80s were my prime arcade years so I may be biased.
There are many arcades were I am right now but they're pretty shit. Fortunately I get to travel a lot and experience some great ones.
I don't have space for a cab but I have a couple boards, a MVS, and the bits to use them with TVs and console controllers.
I have more memories of arcades than could fill >9000 posts.
>>
>>4054983
>and only got closer after that.
well i mean aside from neo geo it was only around saturn time that faith arcade ports became a thing.
>>4054965
>What are your favourite arcade games?
batrider,guwange,undercover cops,knights of the round,metal slugs,elevator action returns,karous,psyvariar,battle gears god i could name literally loads and that's not even starting on pinball.
>>
File: mdeadus.jpg (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mdeadus.jpg
255KB, 1280x720px
I have three arcades that are each 15-30 minutes from my house. An "admission for freeplay" retro arcade, a coin arcade with mostly 90s games, and a Round 1 for new and import games (we just got Magician's Dead which is fucking awesome).

For memories, there was a place in Pasadena (Califag) that I first went to when I was a little kid in around '96 that then closed in 2005, called Pak-Mann arcade. They used to get a lot of great stuff as soon as it was new, Daytona 2, Police 911, Gunmen Wars, Rush 2049, Star Wars Racer, and the first Initial D. Then there were a whole bunch of great games that I had only ever seen there. Dangerous Curves, Armadillo Racing, Jr. Pac-Man, Pilot Kids, Megaman the Power Battle, and Mr. Driller.
>>
Fighting games that's my shit.
>>
>>4054987
well say some more then like which ones? 3rd strike, killer instinct 2 and last blade 2 are probs my fav despite how broken some are.
>>
File: 330797-simpsons2p2[1].png (300KB, 448x445px) Image search: [Google]
330797-simpsons2p2[1].png
300KB, 448x445px
I remember when The Simpsons first came out on Sky in the UK (~1990?). Being a nine year old kid I was obsessed with the show.

Shortly after I came across The Simpsons arcade game in an arcade when we were on holiday. It was a four player sit-down version like pic related (in all my years since, I've never seen another sit-down version in the wild) and was by far the most popular machine in the arcade, there was never a time when there weren't four people playing it simultaneously. One person would drop out and another person would jump into the game. I spent a lot of my parent's money on that machine that holiday.
>>
File: 586786786786.jpg (3MB, 3124x4000px) Image search: [Google]
586786786786.jpg
3MB, 3124x4000px
>>4054990
Kof97 and 2002
Street fighter 2
Street fighter alpha 3 and 2nd impact
Street fighter vs Xmen
Marvel Super Heroes fighting game (the one with black heart and spidy)
Killer instinct as you said
Mortal kombat 2
UMK 3
Waku waku 7
Samurai shodown 2/4/5 special
Darkstalkers
Marvel vs Capcom
Tekken 3/6
Pocket fighters

Non fighting games
Metal slug
Generic racing games
Skiing games
Guitar hero
Double dragon (?)
The Airplane shoot'em up games (can't remember the names) probably 19xx

those are the ones that i can remember and i actually played in the physical arcade.
>>
Marvel Vs. Capcom was so good back then that I spent over 40 bucks playing it all day during a 6th or 8th grade final field trip at Marine World.

Did not matter if I was doing well or not, the game was impressive as fuck.
>>
>>4054985
>saturn
Even most of those weren't close to perfect. But again, getting closer. DC was when consoles and arcade machines were more or less equal.
But before that we had excellent ports on the x68k. Granted few round eyes had one.

>>4054987
I hatted those things when they came out. Mainly because they pushed out so many other good games. They basically destroyed old school arcade gaming. inb4 that's a good thing. But I eventually came around and learned to enjoy them. A few decades later, being able to walk into an arcade and perfect kids half my age makes it all good.
>>
Bad Dudes
>>
>>4055085
When everything became fighters, light guns, and driving I kinda stop caring, I like golden age games and sidescrollers like Shinobi
>>
>>4054965
i live in a no mans land of arcades, but if i spend an hours or so driving north or south. I can go to a round 1 and play modern jap arcade games, or go to bars and playing new and old pins. My jam right now is Initial D arcade stage 8, and Stern Spiderman

My only arcade memory i have was having this friend in middle school who's dad was rich, and part of his garage was filled a racing, shootem up game, and 10 ish B/W, and early stern pins that he would let us use, he had all the great classics like twilight zone, addams family, and ripley's believe it or not

I got a non operation neo geo MVS, and 8 ball deluxe pin that i want to get working but I'm considering either buying a modern pin to provide variety with 8 ball, or switching out the mvs cab and buying an intial d arcade stage twin cab, have to get rid of something because i don't have enough space in the house
>>
>>4054983
>I have more memories of arcades than could fill >9000 posts.
This right here
I miss arcades so much, it's like a part of me has died
When I moved to my current location 21 years ago, there were 3 arcades within walking distance, now there are none
The last one alive, Bearcade on UCB campus, had an awesome mix of old an new and east and west, because there are so many Asian students here
For example they had a Midway Submarine game and a Taiko drumming game
It closed so some student council hack could pad their resume with the fact that they brought gelato to the student center
The gelato place is now closed also
>>
>>4055085
>Even most of those weren't close to perfect.
some were though like saturns port of alpha 3 which was better than either ps2 or dcast port.

>>4055085
>DC was when consoles and arcade machines were more or less equal.
saturn had the ST-V arcade equivalent and dcast was just a naomi with less ram.
>>
>>4054965

Smash T.V. is #1. Runners-up include Street Fighter II-IV (including Alpha), King of Fighters '98, Metal Slug 1-3, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special & 2, Garou, Pig Out, NBA Jam, WWF WrestleFest, Neo Turf Masters, League Bowling, Die Hard Arcade, Dynamite Cop, Dynamite Deka Asian Dynamite, Zombies Revenge, The House of the Dead 1-4 Special, Virtua Cop 1 & 2, Sega Golden Gun, Final Fight, Aliens vs. Predator, The Punisher, Vendetta, Operation Wolf, Chaos Heat, Vampire Night, and too many shoot 'em ups to even begin mentioning.

>Any arcade memories from yesteryear?

I wouldn't even know where to start.
>>
File: akihabara.png (3MB, 1894x929px) Image search: [Google]
akihabara.png
3MB, 1894x929px
Buncha arcades around Denver.

I go to Boss Stage a lot which is admission for free play and is awesome. Lots of rhythm games, decent selection of fighters, house of the dead, daytona racing etc.

I mostly just play whatever shmup they have on the candy cab though.

We also have a weeb bar with a bunch of a candy cabs that I haven't been to called Akihabara which is full of candy cabs, most of which are $.25 per play.

There are a couple mainstream arcade bars called 1up which have mostly 90's stuff popular in the us like mortal kombat.

There's a Round 1 which has a bunch of new cutting edge games

Nickle-a-play in Aurora

Game Works in Denver which is like Chuck E. Cheezes for adults.

Pretty awesome out here to be honest.
>>
>>4055729
Oh and HyperSpace in Denver which is mostly older stuff from the 80's (im a 90's kid xd) but still very cool. $12 for free play with loads of machines.

I really love the admission for free play arcades. Totally takes the stress out of playing arcade games.
>>
>>4054965
Astroids, Tapper, Bad dudes, Galaga, Donkey kong jr, NBA jam, The simpsons arcade etc.
>>
File: page-01-cover.jpg (1MB, 2382x3245px) Image search: [Google]
page-01-cover.jpg
1MB, 2382x3245px
>>4054965
I'm 24 so I've had to discover a lot of the classics as I've gotten older. I love anything by Williams like Robotron, Bubbles, Blaster etc. I grew up playing fighting games so I'm a big fan of all the capcom fighters especially 3rd strike, the Alpha series, and Marvel Super Heroes. I currently have two cabs a Neogeo 4-slot and a Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem standup
>>
>>4055239
I pretty much agree, but I do like light gun games. Real accurate light gun games. Not fake lightgun wagglemoteish shit.

>>4055506
I'd like to say I left califonication for Asia because of the arcades. But no. It was work and tang. But dem 80's. When every skating rink, bowling alley, pizza joint etc was full of arcade machines. Even supermarkets had them. It makes me feel even more sorry than I already do for todays younglings
>>
File: lucky&wild.jpg (431KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
lucky&wild.jpg
431KB, 1024x765px
>>4055239
With light gun and driving games being so popular, and Namco still releasing arcade games in the US, we really should have a Lucky & Wild 2.
>>
>>4054991
I never seen that type of cabinet before

>THAT DAMAGE

Damn what a shame.
>>
Arcades have always been synonymous with fightan for me, but my favorite cabinet will always be Donkey Kong, was probably the first arcade game I played
as for right now, I just play classic fighters like Super SF2X and Third Strike
non-retro, I'd love to own a bigass CvS2 NAOMI cabinet, my favorite fighting game of all time
>>
>>4056532
THIS
Its one of my earliest memories, playing this with my dad on the wheel and me shooting at things on an small arcade at the mall while waiting for my mom, damn, I wish I could find one of these machines and play with him again
>>
File: Bosconian.jpg (130KB, 1189x950px) Image search: [Google]
Bosconian.jpg
130KB, 1189x950px
>>4056528
>1982
>14
>have a pass to to leave school to learn FORTRAN
>go to bowling alleys and arcades instead
It was a magical time for gaming in my life
>>
File: 1496437960080.png (1MB, 1182x956px) Image search: [Google]
1496437960080.png
1MB, 1182x956px
I want a DDR machine but I know nothing about arcade cabinet maintenance. Is it more trouble than its worth to learn how to keep a 15 year cab in tip top shape?
Only thing keeping me from getting one right now is lack of space, but once I move into a bigger place I'm going to be looking to cop :)
>>
>>4056757
you're better off making your own pad out of metal and wood and connecting it to a pc.
>>
>>4056794
actually i've already done that. is that really true? :(
at this point my sound system is probably better than the arcade anyway. come a long way from speakers on a crt
>>
>>4054965
I've been trying to find name of 2 arcade games for ages now, the first one was about shooting dinosaurs and the other one was just shooting humans. The machines had two plastic guns so that you could play it with your friend and when you needed to reload you just held your guns barrel up. Both games had basically the same mechanic.
>>
File: joypolis.jpg (157KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
joypolis.jpg
157KB, 1280x1440px
My favorite classic arcade games were Wing War for the Sega R360, Afterburner II with the moving cab, Ferrari F355 with the clutch and 3 screens, etc... I've always liked arcade games with over-the-top cabs and amusement like immersion.

It's probably why my favorite "arcade" games right now are at Sega Joypolis in Tokyo, about a 45 minute drive from my house. I go there every month or two to play Initial D in the full-size full-motion cars, or the Transformers game in the R360Z.
>>
>>4056829
I've got a dedicated MAME setup with a full A/V receiver, Wharfedale speakers and Yamaha subwoofer. It sounds immense.

They were part of an old home cinema setup that I never got around to selling. Glad I kept hold of it all, much better than shitty PC speaker systems.
>>
Never seen it in person, but played Genpei Toumaden on MAME and it never gets old.
>>
I'm looking to build a MAME cabinet sometime in the future. In your opinions, what's best for max /comfy/? Standing cabinets? Cocktail?

I was thinking cocktail, but I like beat-em-ups, and don't think it would be ideal to stick player 2 on the upside-down end.
>>
>>4056532
>>4056640

my Lucky and Wild niggas
>>
>>4058526
I like candy cabs the best but it might be because I'm tall as fuck and have to hunch over the neo geo at my arcade
>>
>>4054965
Post golden age

No.No.No.Not worth mentioning.
>>
I'd love a copy of Metal Slug X or 2. I don't have any Neo Geo kit at all and it's not the cheapest stuff going.

At the moment I've got Tekken 3 in my cabinet, but I think I'll change it out for Psychic Force some time soon. I'm curious whether it actually has stereo sound - there's four pins on the system board the manual labels L+, L-, R+, R-. But I suspect Taito didn't bother doing the work and are just pushing the same audio out both channels. I can't really be bothered making a Dupont to RCA cable, either, so I might just leave it.

Namco's System 12 boards are better in that respect. RCA audio out even if you aren't using them in JVS mode.
>>
>>4054965
I like that Frankenstein game where you have to hold on to the handles and tolerate the high vibrations.
>>
File: Battle_Circuit.png (243KB, 444x259px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Circuit.png
243KB, 444x259px
I just recently discovered Battle Circuit. I don't remember ever seeing it in the arcades (UK) back in the day and it looks like wasn't even released in the US at all. Anyway, it's fun and has a nice move upgrade system which is pretty unique for a scrolling beat 'em up.

Does anyone have any recs for any other decent lesser-known scrolling beat 'em ups?
>>
>mfw ahead of its time
>>
File: 0060.png (16KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
0060.png
16KB, 384x224px
I'm loving the shit out of Mega Man Power Battle 1 and 2.

Anyone knows how to get MAME to save scores? Google didn't help, the only stuff I found wasn't compatible with these 2 games.
>>
>>4060490
I remember hearing some time ago about the hiscore plugin but it's not something I ever looked too far into as I'm not really into high scores.
>>
File: Cab-720[1].jpg (2MB, 2665x1733px) Image search: [Google]
Cab-720[1].jpg
2MB, 2665x1733px
>>4060480
I love the designs of some of those old Atari cabs
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (92KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
92KB, 640x360px
>>4060465
Knights of Valour 1 and 2
The Gladiator/Road of the Sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhPl-eusi-4
>>
Went to an arcade with actual games for the first time last summer, played the shit out of Gauntlet. Most of the ones I went to before just had those ticket machine things. It was a pretty cool experience.
>>
>>4061064
Yes. Some of the old atari stuff was great. Unlike the hipster shit you posted.
>>
>>4061064
that's a lotta cabs
>>
>>4061395
Steve Caballero endorsing a skating video game 13 years before Tony Hawk, amazing.
>>
>>4055731
Hell yeah man Hyperspace is the shit. They have some diverse cabinets there, I was surprised
>>
>>4060465
Denjin Makai 2 is really good. I don't know if it really counts as "lesser-known", but it was a Japan-only game so it's certainly less known than something like Capcom/Konami beat-em-ups.
>>
>>4061069
>>4061453
Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out
>>
>>4056829
In terms of maintenance a nice home pad is much easier since you know exactly what went into its construction and will be needed for repair. For official arcade pads, you need to internationally order certain parts, while other things like sensors may be cheaper to get stateside, and getting the pad to interface with something custom like a PC or console instead of a standard cab introduces new elements of headache if you don't know anything about it.

But the biggest kicker is actually that rhythm game players are now getting jobs and buying up cabinets and pads for themselves everything - the market is VERY difficult to find anything for sale, and if you do it will be in very bad shape or an unreasonable price or both. I'd say expect $600 for just arcade pads in decent condition that will still need work put into them if you play like higher than 8's.

On the good side of things, this niche hobby is full of engineering nerds, and there are at least 2 separate groups of nerds who are releasing very high quality home pads to the market (plug and play into your PC stuff) I think the popular one was a $350 pricepoint and has 9 panels instead of 4 so you can also play 5-panel Pump It Up charts, or if you are into the fan custom stepfile stuff people will be making all 9-panel charts too. I think it was called rhythm horizon.
>>
>>4054965
>tfw you head into revamping your converted MAME cab into a Marvel Vs Capcom styled cabinet pretty much blind.

What makes it worse is that it used to be a sitdown enduro racer cab which is both shorter and wider than a standard cabinet so I can't just buy a premade print. (Not unless I wanted a big white gap on the side)

So I had to measure the cabinet, make a mockup side art in Gimp to scale (and had to make a rough scale mock-up outline of cab as well so the art and logo aligns up properly) to eventually get it printed locally somewhere.

Then I had to make a paper mockup of the new control panel I plan to build, (the old one the original owner made is very much not flush to curves of the cabinet and looks damn ugly. Most likely a temp job. The buttons are all over the place), mapping onto the paper the dimensions of the new button layout (going with the newer 8 button Sega style with white 1p and 2p buttons in the middle which I plan to have illuminated)
Had to order in a new stick, new stick ball tops, and a load of Sanwa buttons. Got a new IPAC-2 coming since mines a really old model and its a bastard to program. (might re-use it to build a plug in pi-stick) Should be simple enough to swap out. (I have to gut the cab anyway. Do it up, then put the new guts in)

Getting the marquee printed is the easiest and cheapest part ironically enough. Its the only thing the cab has thats pretty standard.

Not even made the damn bezel yet. Old one was literally a bit of cardboard covered in foil then sealed with a slab of glass. Might do a similar sort of thing, but might put some foam in it and cover mine in some quality black vinyl instead of foil and get it cut to shape so it looks much nicer.

Would love to use a CRT monitor, but its too complicated to get one, get it serviced and then get it connected up to the PC and my graphics card, probably would need some connector/conversion board or something.
>>
when I try to run R-Type in retroarch on my Wii it crashes, so I'm stuck playing DingDongPoochi

I hate everything
>>
>>4064989
Have you tried MAME Wii? From what I can see Retroarch only has Final Burn Alpha.

Have you tried using a different R-Type rom?
>>
>>4065030
MAME doesn't seem to recognize the rom so I'm probably missing something

RetroArch Wii just crashes if it doesn't like something, MAME Wii runs most stuff like garbage, hard to say which is worse
>>
>>4066008
Perhaps time to try a Raspberry Pi or even an original Xbox with Coinops.
>>
Closest thing we had to an Arcade was an Adventure Park, but they closed down maybe 7 years ago. They kept letting their shit break without fixing or replacing it so people just stopped coming.
>>
>>4054965
I always like going to the arcade at Fisherman's Wharf.
>>
File: fc2_2013-03-22_17-11-49-276.jpg (257KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fc2_2013-03-22_17-11-49-276.jpg
257KB, 640x480px
Japanese Street Fighter control panel
>Light Punch, Medium Punch, Heavy Punch
>Light Kick, Medium Kick, Heavy Kick

American Street Fighter control panel
>Jab, Strong, Fierce
>Short, Forward, Roundhouse

Why did Capcom USA went with such a confusing naming schemes for the basic attacks in Street Fighter II?
>>
>>4068582
Pretty sure the buttons on UK cabs were labelled light/medium/heavy too. Unfortunately it's been way too long since I last saw an SFII cabinet.
>>
>>4068410

I still have an OG Xbox that I got for emulation purposes, back in the 6th gen, but I'd probably rather go for the pi.

Now RetroArch isn't even saving my button configs, and of course arcade games are almost never mapped right by default. It's funny because the console emulators for Wii are actually great for the most part, both in terms of fidelity and user experience.
>>
File: cover_large.jpg (218KB, 596x750px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
218KB, 596x750px
>>
File: s1945iii.png (605KB, 510x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s1945iii.png
605KB, 510x1000px
>>
File: flyer1.jpg (67KB, 576x754px)
flyer1.jpg
67KB, 576x754px
>this has still never been ported or emulated
>>
File: Frogger_game_arcade.png (3KB, 448x512px) Image search: [Google]
Frogger_game_arcade.png
3KB, 448x512px
My family went to a ski resort in France when I was little. My dad and I stayed the fuck indoors where it was warm and played Frogger pretty much the whole time. This was 1984 or 85 and one of my earliest memories in general.
>>
>>4056532
I went to a sad little go-kart place with my youth group and saw this game. Never heard of it before but we all spent all our money on that machine. Obe of my best arcade experiences and it was totally unexpected.
>>
File: IMG_3861.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3861.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Any actual machine collectors/restorers out there?

Pic related, my caberet-sized Battlezone, haven't fired it up in about 20 years.
>>
>>4054965
1943: Battle of Midway is one of my favorites.
>>
STGs > Puzzle > Racing > Belt Scrollers > Platformers > Fighting > Sports > Rhythm
>>
File: junofrstg.png (422KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
junofrstg.png
422KB, 850x1202px
Juno First is rad as fuck
>>
>>4060465
Denjin Makai and its sequel Guardians (aka Denjin Makai II) are MUST plays. Same goes for Gaia Crusaders, Sengoku 3, Ninja Baseball Bat Man, Vendetta, Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder (I don't think most people know this had a sequel in the arcades), Undercover Cops (play the Japanese version, the western releases have cut content for some reason), Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors, The Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and Captain Commando (though those last five aren't really THAT obscure).

Some less excellent, but still firmly decent, games are Pu-Li-Ru-La, Gaiapolis, Metamorphic Force, Blade Master, Dungeon Magic, and Hook.
>>
>>4069415
>STGs
>Belt Scrollers

these memes should be bannable offenses
>>
>>4069461
they're not memes, they're legit vernacular in Japan
>>
>>4069486
Belt scroller is a BR thing
>>
I just built an arcade stick, never had one before, can you guys recommend me good games to play with it?
>>
>>4069457
Thanks for the list, quite a few obscure ones to check out.

There used to be a comic book store in my hometown that had a few arcade cabinets, mostly SNK fighters plus SSFII, the usual stuff, but they also had Vendetta which was set at ten credits for a quid so you could play that one for ages for cheap. Good times.

I've noticed that quite a lot of western versions have cut content, like the dry-humping fags in Vendetta and the mini-nuke in The Simpsons.
>>
>>4069628
Post pics
>>
File: stick.jpg (30KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
stick.jpg
30KB, 800x600px
>>4070010
>>
>>4069493
sopa
>>
>>4070065
Has that got latches on it? What did you make the enclosure out of? Also what parts did you use?
>>
File: sf2ceea.png (821KB, 1000x378px) Image search: [Google]
sf2ceea.png
821KB, 1000x378px
>>4068628
How were arcade games distributed in the U.K (or Europe for that matter).? I always assumed that everything over there was distributed as conversion kits with instruction sheets like in Japan.
>>
My dad said people sat in those arcade racing games that had a bunch of machines all lined up in a row to pass drugs among one another. Then again my father is full of shit.
>>
Vector graphics are fucking awesome, but there's no way to experience them outside of the OG hardware, which is becoming an endangered species at this point.
Does anyone know of a huge collection anywhere?
All I've ever seen in the wild is Asteroids and a Vectrex once.
>>
>>4071161
Star Wars (the old vector one) is the arcade cab I've consistently seen the most in barcades and such.
>>
>>4071161
Tempest is relatively common.
>>
File: DoDonpachi_Flyer_front.jpg (458KB, 1121x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DoDonpachi_Flyer_front.jpg
458KB, 1121x1600px
>>
File: the-last-blade-2.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-blade-2.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: playstation-35480-11317419106.jpg (330KB, 645x448px) Image search: [Google]
playstation-35480-11317419106.jpg
330KB, 645x448px
>>
File: Last Blade 2.jpg (374KB, 542x803px) Image search: [Google]
Last Blade 2.jpg
374KB, 542x803px
>>
>>
>>4070547
The bottom is metal, the top is acrylic, and the controls are chinese sanwa knockoffs.
>>
File: 0001.png (327KB, 512x400px) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
327KB, 512x400px
>>4068884
Are you sure, anon?
>>
File: 61001501.jpg (372KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
61001501.jpg
372KB, 850x1201px
>>
>>4072153
two-player shit gallery?
>>
File: IMG_4922.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4922.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
ayyyyy
This is my 81 Ms. Pac with the 83 Turbo. Artwork needs redone, but she's all original parts minus the monitor. Just got a new power supply for my 82 Galaga. Just moved, hoping to get them in my house soon. Who else got cabs? Let's see them!
>>
When I was a wee twat, there used to be a campground my family would take me to almost every summer that had an arcade. My favorite game there was Paper Boy. I usually brought a friend with me camping and the two of us would save up quarters so we could play Paper Boy all weekend. The owners of the campground noticed we played the game so much that they turned on the infinite lives dip switch.

We still couldn't beat it.
>>
File: 114.jpg (2MB, 2448x3488px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
2MB, 2448x3488px
Quick question about score tables in arcade.

Would scores get saved when a machine is turned off? Would it depend on the game, the machine?

Anyway been playing a shitton of Mega Man Power Battle and Power Fighers lately.
I've finally achieved some "perfect only" time and score runs in one of the course

Time 2'15"18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51NHFKO32Xw

Score 679700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMykyLjCQjg

Gonna try to do the same in the 2 other courses now, anyone else in this game?
The score system in MM2 The Power Fighers is kind of a mess with a lot of luck involved so I'm not sure I'll bother with that one.
>>
>>4073915
Depends on the machine. Some have non-volatile RAM they save scores and such in, but many just save to RAM which means when power goes out so do the high scores.
>>
>>4054965
Was Donkey Kong Jr a sequel or prequel? In DK Jr Mario kidnaps Donkey Kong's father so Donkey Kong as an adult takes revenge by kidnapping Mario's waifu in Donkey Kong.
>>
>>4072387
Nice cab! I never liked Ms Pac that much until I played a turbo hacked version and really got into it.
>>4073915
Pretty few of them do actually. It's funny because it's such a popular trope in fiction but in reality most old games don't because installing some kind of storage for the scores would have hugely boosted the cost per machine, and with newer ones lots still don't because casuals are less likely to bother playing when some asshole has filled the high score table with near impossible scores that never go away.
>>
>>4074452
>Nice cab! I never liked Ms Pac that much until I played a turbo hacked version and really got into it
Last two I played in the wild were like that, it annoys me personally, even though I'm bad at the game
>>
File: Atari Coin.jpg (189KB, 897x720px) Image search: [Google]
Atari Coin.jpg
189KB, 897x720px
Here is an arcade coin I found whilst going through my dad's old coin box. Make of it what you will, I have no idea what time period it came from or the background of it. Neither does my dad as he has gone to arcades all throughout the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>4072387
>>4074452
Is the turbo hack the same as the "Speedhack" version on emuparadise?
>>
I found a neat arcade tucked away in an auto garage in the city an hour away from where I live.

15 bucks gets you a day pass with unlimited pass outs all the games are set to freeplay so you and your friends can go ham.

decent amount of systems probably 40ish or so. they tried get at least something from each genre.

the games I played the most for the short time i was there were

silent scope
demon front
cyber sled
>>
File: 1181242126249.png (9KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1181242126249.png
9KB, 320x224px
Darius Gaiden and any SF2 cabinet

>What are you playing right now?
Cleopatra Fortune. I've had a bit of practice at Columns recently, so it's pretty easy. Lupin III is playing in the background for maximum comfy.

>Do you have a local arcade?
Not in this god-forsaken town. Just a D&B, but they never carry the good shit.

>Any arcade memories from yesteryear?
So for the longest time I tried tracking down a game I recalled playing in an arcade briefly back in 1999 (I was 4). Despite some vague details and countless HELP ANONS FIND THE NAME OF A VIDYA threads, I've never been able to track it down.

A few weeks ago I picked up both Taito Legends games for the PS2, and now I'm almost entirely convinced Liquid Kids was the first game I played. The visuals and the sounds are sort of nostalgic. If it really is, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Taito's my favorite arcade dev, right next to SEGA and BAMCO.
>>
>>4070828
Your dad isn't lying. It was an easy way to buy and sell drugs with minimal people watching.

Also, your dad did drugs.
>>
File: IMG_20170623_204146.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170623_204146.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
I have a Mame cabinet I built myself.
My personal favorite game is pic related.
>>
>>4073915
And now Score run in the MM1-2 course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFixHpbwuV8
>>
>>4075728
>>4073915
And now Perfect Score run in the MM3-6 course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd3T9AkWb_8
>>
For you guys who have built or restored cabinets, what material do you use for marquees? Is translucent vinyl a must or will regular matte vinyl work?
>>
Instead of picking a favorite, I'm going to list some games that had very distinctive audio that I could pick out just walking by an arcade.
Ms. Pac-Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQv0zAXDCo8
Rastan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDQUUCgCiY
Strider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOOiCFktU4
Punch-Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T8hoeVpdV0
Tron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPbeHCkAmc
Wizard of Wor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D780JHlQxxs
TMNT Arcade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAs8iT2DNjI
>>
>>4069029
Please clean it, Anon.
>>
>>4075942
Your post made me think of this guy's website.

http://arcade.hofle.com/
>>
File: 0zx9yoonkpzy.jpg (870KB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
0zx9yoonkpzy.jpg
870KB, 2432x4320px
>>4072387
My man, I got mine a couple of months ago. I also have another arcade, Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. I'll post the pics after this.
>>
>>4075942
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDQUUCgCiY
Rastan isn't the greatest game of all time, but it does have one kickass soundtrack. Really fits the Conan theme.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.