[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought the metal gear legacy collection a few days ago. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (115KB, 540x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115KB, 540x645px
I bought the metal gear legacy collection a few days ago. I'm not very good at it yet. Anyone have any tips for the two MSX games and Metal Gear Solid? Especially Metal Gear Solid.
>>
Big parts of the MSX games are impossible without a guide, so play those until you get really stuck then look up whatever you need to do. MGS is pretty easy, but you'll have to look up Meryl's codex frequency since you don't have the actual CD case.
>>
Uhh hide behind shit, don't let guards see you. You might be retarded if these games challenge you.
>>
>>4049765
>I bought the metal gear legacy collection
my condolences
>>
>>4049765
I have trouble with combat mostly. It feels like it should play like a twin stick shooter, but it doesn't. Having to run in the direction you're shooting feels awkward for me.
>>
File: snake 1.jpg (16KB, 418x238px) Image search: [Google]
snake 1.jpg
16KB, 418x238px
>>4049771
Guards?
>>
>>4049772
Actually this is a pretty good way to play the whole series without buying a PS2 and dealing with all the initially confusing versions of all the games. It's only missing a handful of bullshit that only long term fans would care about anyway (skateboarding mini game, Guy Savage, Snake vs Monkey).
>>
>>4049780
Shoot stationary. There is never really a time where you need to move and shoot at the same time in MGS1. You mostly will be avoiding enemies anyway, so if bosses are giving you a hard time just get used to shooting them stationary and keeping rations equipped
>>
>>4050396
i thought guy savage was in the HD version
>>
>>4050870
>begging other people to kill themselves over videogames
why are you so angry, anon?
>>
>>4050975
>calling stuff cancer
>while calling other people underaged
Really makes you think.
>>
>>4050870
>>4050975
>Some anon makes a valid complaint about the combat
>You get extremely defensive and angry because he's sharing his opinion

I'll bet you're a real blast at parties.
>>
>>4049765

The first Metal Gear is not as great as people make it out to be. Should be called Back Tracking the game.
>>
>>4051025
It's a totally valid point, it actually controls worse than the MSX game.
>>
>>4051026
Bitch, there's barely any and the game is so small it takes like 5 minutes
>>
>>4051025
I don't agree with him, and I think he should git gud and all that, but you need to calm down.
>>
>>4051029
Nice, now go back and grab a sniper rifle
>>
>>4051025
Try to calm down. I hear ulcers are pretty serious.
>>
>>4051034
>not using the key in the weapon storage when you first get it
>>
>>4051038
How the fuck am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>4051042
Are you retarded? You go through the storage are in like the first 30 mins of the game. They have giant numbers on the doors. You get keys to open the doors. Put 2 and 2 together moron
>>
File: tom.jpg (8KB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
8KB, 265x200px
>>4051041
>VIIR is exactly this
>>
>>4049765
MGS is a bit of a pain if it's your first time playing. Here's some helpful tips

>Meryl's CODEC is on the back of the CD case. Campbell will tell you what it is if you call him three times
>Search every square inch of the hanger when you first get there. You'll save yourself a headache later on in the game
>Fight the "ninja" with your bare hands. It makes the fight easier
>Throw grenades at the tank
>Learn to use the First Person view often. The part with the wolves is a pain in the ass, but offers a small space with a lot of useful items
>Memorize Meryl's ass
>If you want a device that turns you invisible for NG+, submit to Ocelot's torture
>If you want unlimited ammo for NG+, hold out on Ocelot's torture
>You can use literally any controller with rapid fire, made after the first DualShock to beat Ocelot's torture easily. The game can't detect it
>Save as much Diazepam as you can for Sniper Wolf's fights. Outside of that they're useless
>Chaff grenades are very useful for the last 3rd of the game

A neat little fact; there's a hidden briefing on the main menu that shows the player Solid has naturally blonde hair, but he chooses to dye it brown and cut it short
>>
>>4051041
That's what the FF7 Remake is for...
>>
>>4050396
Literally no fun allowed.
>>
What was the deleted conversation about
>>
>>4049997
Psycho Mantis?

>>4051610
Someone made a valid complaint about Metal Gear's combat, so some anon went nuclear and started shitposting.
>>
>>4051067
>half-Asian
>blond hair
What the fuck?
>>
>>4051653
Your hair type comes from your mother's family. Eva was a blonde.
>>
>>4051659
Eva wasn't his biological mother anon, she's just a surrogate, and if I'm not mistaken they say some random Asian woman's eggs or cells or something was used during the cloning process in Metal Gear Solid 4. He's a clone of Big Boss and it's never revealed to the player which of Jack's parents were Asian.
>>
>>4051664
This. and it also appeared Naked had brown hair that he presumably didn't dye
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (94KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.jpg
94KB, 1360x768px
>>4051664
Blonde hair can skip generations. Oddly enough, it's a dominate trait. So it makes Liquid spouting his "dominate genes" bullshit pretty amusing.
>>
Don't let the graphics distract you in MGS. Play it by just looking at the radar at all times.
>>
>>4051694
>not playing on extreme w no radar
Absolut plebe
>>
>>4051697

The OP isn't playing on extreme you fucking retard.
>>
>>4051691
What generation was skipped? He's literally a clone of Big Boss who's half Asian and the game literally says David received all the recessive genes
>>
>>4051691
Blonde hair is recessive m8
>>
>>4051753
>narf narf narf gaems suck ill prove it with something that isnt even out yet
>>
Don't take the "Snake is actually blonde" stuff too seriously.

http://thesnakesoup.org/myth-articles/myth-snake-dyes-his-hair/
>>
>>4051843
What's so far fetched about Solid dying his hair and cutting it? This is a franchise that has holographic projection and bipetal robots in the 70's, mind you.
>>
Best versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 and why?
>>
>>4051045
You don't get the key for the sniper until you beat Psycho Mantis. Literally 2 minutes before they force you to backtrack. Don't spout bullshit.
>>
>>4052264
Original releases. All attempts to rerelease it officially are garbage.
>>
metal gear 1 is pretty much zelda with stealth elements
>>
>>4049765
For MGS there are certain control schemes that most newer players are not aware of.

The SOCOM can be aimed by holding down square and then moved around. Additionally hold X after you started holding square to be able to run with the SOCOM aiming. Tap Square to shoot while running.

Use R1 to quickly unequip and re-equip a weapon which will automatically reload it. That way you skip the reload animation.

Equip the rations in the item slot and they will be used automatically when your health reaches zero.

Tap square while having an enemy in a chokehold repeatedly to break their neck. Run towards an enemy and tap square while still in motion to do a judo flip.

Chaff grenades work on ANYTHING electronic: even the Ninja.
>>
File: 1411350342877.jpg (270KB, 1024x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1411350342877.jpg
270KB, 1024x1165px
Complete VR Missions 100% before playing MGS for the ultimate experience.
>>
>>4053163
Jack pls
>>
>>4053163
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, true, true, true, true, bullshit, true, bullshit, bullshit, true.

Signed; child psychology student with autism.
>>
>>4050698
Nah, unfortunately not. I did everything right to get it, came back a day later, no Guy Savage.
>>
>>4053204
>gets mad about joke image
yeah you do have autism i guess
>>
>>4051565
It's not that, those things are super fun, but if you are playing the games for the first time you wouldn't know there a skateboarding mini game in MGS2, so if it's not there you wouldn't mind it
>>
>>4051702
>and the game literally says David received all the recessive genes
Genes don't work that way, Kojima's a fucking idiot
>>
>>4052415
What? There is no way to play MG2 in English without either a patch translation (does that even exist?) or the MGS3 version which (unfortunately) does change the portraits
>>
>>4049770
actually he can just keep calling campbell if i remember correctly. the game makers were aware of the potential issues
>>
>>4054375
The swamp maze and shit like that is just pure trial and error. Not worth doing without a guide.
>>
File: Vulcan 4.png (424KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vulcan 4.png
424KB, 960x720px
Sioux People?
>>
>>4054740
I have a playstation and that game around.

I rather play anything else.
>>
File: solid quake 10.png (324KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
solid quake 10.png
324KB, 960x720px
>>4054741
Anything else, huh? Like what?
>>
File: CompBast.png (250KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
CompBast.png
250KB, 480x480px
>>4049765
>tips for Metal Gear Solid
PLAY THE CUNTFUCKING TUTORIAL YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER.
It literally tells you E V E R Y T H I N G you need to know to git gud outside of unique boss gimmicks like switching the controller to port 2 for Psycho Mantis so he won't read your inputs spoiler alert.
>>
>>4054741
Playstation huh?
>>
>>4054259
I prefer the redone portraits in 2, the celebrity ripoffs are amusing but kind of take me out of the more serious parts of the game.
>>
How much was it OP? Did you get it at a bargain sale or something?
I've been meaning to get it too but I can't get a cheap used copy anywhere.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.