[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Chiki Chiki Boys for the first time ever and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: chiki chiki boys.jpg (142KB, 640x877px) Image search: [Google]
chiki chiki boys.jpg
142KB, 640x877px
I just finished Chiki Chiki Boys for the first time ever and realised that I have never finished a Sega Genesis game before.

I know Sega had a lot of grim platformers that SNES never got, but are there other lighthearted platformers like this one?
>>
Alladin
DeCap Attack
Dynamite Headdy
Donald Ducks Quack Shot
Castle of Illusion
Earthworm Jim
Kid Chamleon
Pulseman
Ristar
Rocket Knight Adventures
Sonic Series
VectorMan
>>
>>4049717
This is bait right? I'm new here btw.
>>
>>4049769
It's bait, all those games suck.
>>
>>4049704
If you want games on the Genesis / MD that are similar aesthetically, check out

Wonder Boy in Monster World
Wonder Boy III Monster Lair
Magical Hat no Buttobi Turbo! Daibouken Magical Taruruto-kun
Warner

Chiki Chiki Boys is one of my favorite Genesis games, and these are the only ones that come close to the same feels for me.
>>
>>4049813
>Magical Hat no Buttobi Turbo! Daibouken Magical Taruruto-kun
If you prefer this over Decap Attack you're a faggot and a weeb.
>>
Magical Taruruto Kun
https://youtu.be/Fngj0EVCecI
>>
File: latest[1].png (240KB, 448x334px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
240KB, 448x334px
>>4049839
>>
Splatterhouse, very cute games ^_^
>>
File: tumblr_mjobwmB5jQ1rtobu5o1_500.jpg (86KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjobwmB5jQ1rtobu5o1_500.jpg
86KB, 500x721px
>>4049813

I haven't made it very far but how about Marvel Land. The Dragon shota is so cute.

Also, Do Re Mi fantasy.
>>
>>4049994

This had twice as many levels as the Arcade version, pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk1FRTaUCW0
>>
>>4049849
Very fun and underrated game. The anime is also good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMFIDj7DYL4
>>
>>4049813
>>4049849
I will definetly give those a try. They all look what I had in mind when I made this thread.

>>4049994
Marvel Land wasn't exactly what I had in mind but it's close enough for me to want to give it a go.

Do Re Mi fantasy I've already played and finished. Fun game. Last boss is a cunt though.
>>
>>4049849
graphics of this game are so aesthetically pleasing and refreshingly bright for the genesis palette. It's too bad the gameplay isn't all that great
>>
>>4049769
>This is bait right?
Actually does not appear to be
>>
>>4050195
gameplay is great git good a gliding like Aero the AcroBAT
>>
>>4050272
You can't glide in Aero.
>>
>>4049769
No, that list is completely serious. Those are all some of the best platformers on the system.
>>
File: popful-segacd1.png (22KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
popful-segacd1.png
22KB, 320x224px
>>4049704
Try Monster World IV, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Popful Mail (CD), all three are adventure-platformers (Monster World IV is the least adventure and most platformer of the bunch). Mega CD's Popful Mail its different from the PC Engine CD and Super Famicom versions and it's the only one in english.

You may also want to try the patched (called "Un-Worked Designs") Popful Mail that restores the original difficulty, Working Designs had the habit of making the games much harder. Monster World IV has only been released in Japan, but there's a translation.
>>
>>4050275
maybe you cant grasshopper.
>>
>>4050275
aww fuck I was thinking of Bubsy. Sorry mixed my failed furry mascots up.
>>
>>4049769
>You request fun performers on Genesis
>Lists a bunch of excellent performers
>"Am I being rused?"
>His friendly gesture completely wasted on you

You need to leave...
>>
>>4049704
Try out the arcade version at least.

Also - https://www.gamefaqs.com/games/rankings?platform=54&genre=56&list_type=rate&view_type=0&dlc=0&min_votes=2
>>
A little unknown gem known as Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>
im ashamed to admit i've never beaten a sonic game. im working on sonic 2 right now.
>>
>>4051938
oh great another namefag
>>
>>4051938

I believe in you, Frenchie
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.