[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fg/ Flashcart General, I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: logo[2].png (21KB, 797x148px) Image search: [Google]
logo[2].png
21KB, 797x148px
Krikzz on suicide watch:

>EZ-FLASH IV Kernel 2.00 released

>In this version, we implement the on-cart patch engine, it means the desktop version of EZ4Client was no longer needed. just copy the clean rom to the sd card and run it directly. the kernel will patch rom automatically.

>DRAG
>N
>DROP

http://www.ezflash.cn/ez-flash-iv-kernel-2-00-released/

Where were you when Krikzz and Everdrive GBA was kill`?
>>
Have you tried it? It takes forever to start up a rom now. Everdrive is literally an order of magnitude faster.
>>
>>4049093
Does this make some roms work better?
>>
>>4049093
>kidzz on the wrong board
There's an errant r in your URL. Have a happy summer.
>>
>>4049093
I drag'n'dropped some ROMs before.
>>
I got my Mega Everdrive two days ago. It plays every version of Splatterhouse 2&3, plus my favorite SH2 romhack, for less than the price of any one of them! Me and my wife etc etc...

So SNES flashcarts, what's up with them? There's lots of games they don't like and they cost a bunch of money?
>>
>>4051417
>There's lots of games they don't like
Only SFX chipped games which are shit games anyway besides Yoshi Island.
>>
>>4051417
A lot of good games won't work. I think there is a cart out there that has an extra chip that could be programmed to emulate the various SFX chips but right now it does not.

Don't forget the Everdrive plays SMS games. I grew up in Texas and have still never seen a Master System or game in person. There are a lot of good games for it.
>>
File: photo73.jpg (32KB, 320x224px)
photo73.jpg
32KB, 320x224px
Everdrive on suicide watch
>>
>>4051417
All that the SD2Snes can't play is the SuperFX games (not expensive for the originals anyway), a couple of Kirby games, Mario RPG and a bunch of chink mahjong games because the AI chip is too hard to simulate.

For everything else (i.e. the games you'd actually want to play) it works fine.
>>
>>4051441
>Don't forget the Everdrive plays SMS games.
I got a full set of SMS and GG and now the damn thing wants me to unplug my 32X

Nobody warned me about this catastrophe
>>
File: LCD_gaming.jpg (599KB, 2592x1944px)
LCD_gaming.jpg
599KB, 2592x1944px
I signed up a couple months ago to for the NeoGeo Pocket Color flashcart someone was working on. Last I heard, about a hundred were on order, but I have yet to receive any e-mail regarding its progress, so I guess I am well on the bottom of the list. Did anyone here get one from the first batch? How is it?
>>
>>4051695
>flashcarts
Alright, great collection.
>uses a clone console
You may as well be emulating for free, you fucking retard.
>>
>>4051695
You know the Super Game Boy isn't a flashcart, right?
>>
>>4051695
>puts rom in flash cart
>puts flash cart in shitty emulator based console
>shitty emulator based console makes rom from flash cart
>you get a shittilly emulated game
>it costs hundreds of dollars
>it's easier and cheaper to use a good emulator and run the rom directly

you have to be retarded
>>
>>4051695
not very suprising that paper-kun is a retard
>>
>>4051759
the vast majority of clone consoles, including that one are not emulation based. at least get your facts straight if you're going to call other people retarded.
>>
>>4051423
Yeah, there's quite a few more than than that. SA-1, specifically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips
>>
Sorry, I was really asking about the NGPC flash cart and used an image I took for a previous flashcart general thread.

>>4051727
I do emulate a side computer is great for MAME and DOSbox. My phone is also pretty good for playing old games too.

>>4051731
I do. I am hoping to save up for that new upcoming Everdrive GB X7 that supports savestates for the Super GameBoy 2 so that I can plug into Super Retro Trio.

>>4051759
>>4051776
I am not smart, I know. The Super Retro Trio is just a hardware clone different from the Retron 5 or RetroFreak which dumps ROMs then emulates, which I think you are referencing.
>>
>>4051854
i dont understand. A PCE is like $30, that CD-ROM unit is at least $200, and the everdrive is $80+ why?
>>
>>4051908
The guy also owns a $300+ Framemeister and uses clone consoles, go figure.
>>
>>4051910
I mean, I get reto gaming on a budget, I did it for a long time, but this guy makes no sense. He simply cannot actually be poor.
>>
>>4051910
Is he the guy who has bootleg consoles to use with his flashcarts because he doesn't want his real consoles to ever touch non-licensed plastic?
>>
>>4051727
lol agreed .... why use flashcarts if you're emulating the console hardware anyways
>>
>>4052186
the very same i think
>>
>>4052193
I agree with your sentiment, but hardware clones are not emulation.
>>
Okay, I didn't intend to blogpost and explain myself but here goes: I reuse and repurpose some pics I take from prior threads, this one being flashcarts general, I just reused some images I took with flashcarts in them.

>>4051908
The pic taken there was originally for a repair and TurboGrafx thread. My TurboDuo, recapped over a year ago, lost its sound and I will come to the hard decision to dump the system from my youth. Fortunately, I did get a Super CD-ROM^2 from someone, as they are not expensive, because most fail, but the one pictured was said to work, but I cannot test it and now with my Duo on life support, it was a good time to give it a try.

Back in the day, the SuperGrafx was the cheap device while the Super CD-ROM^2 was the expensive one. Now their roles have switched, so the Super CD-ROM^2 is under $100 while the SuperGrafx is the one that is at least $200. I got the TurboEverdrive during Black Friday, so it was $40, not $80. I would love to know where you can find a $30 PCE, because shipping from Japan would increase the cost to around $70 which is expensive to me.

>>4051910
I saved for almost a year to pay the $180 for a Framemeister. I got it from a lot of Bing points towards amazon gift cards, and reward points such that I can lower the out of pocket cost.

>>4051914
As mentioned, I am not smart so that would be why I flip burgers for a bit over the federal minimum wage. I understand there are many less fortunate in this world, and I am glad to be gainfully employed. At $8.50 an hour, my take-home pay means about $5.50 an hour. After food (I can't eat food from my work as I prepare the food on an ant hill), shelter, utilities, means to get to work, and occasionally clothes, there's nothing left for retro gaming. Thus my budget, I was just fortunate to have kept my old games and fond memories without forces pressuring me to sell them for $5 each at GameStop. I wish I can afford the latest gaming consoles and join my friends.
>>
>>4052227
alright, fair enough man. your collection is easily worth over a grand, so I've been skeptical. you don't sound burger-flipper stupid, though. All that aside, I got an 'untested' PCE on eBay for $30 shipped last month as a backup. As I expected, it works perfectly, thought it was worth mentioning.
>>
>>4052205
I read in leddit that console clones FPGA are based on emulators and not the actual hardware.
>>
>>4052243
kek
>>
These threads are always filled with the most misinformed retards.

>I think
>>
>>4051695
GET A REAL SNES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: i know that feel.png (103KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
i know that feel.png
103KB, 600x406px
>>4052227
>employed. At $8.50 an hour
I too know this feel

You game with friends or mainly solo?
>>
I'm looking to play N64 games without their physical carts. I'm new to this whole thing, and am just a guy looking to play his old games.

What's the best place to start? Am I better off just trying to play the games some other way (emulation, Wii Virtual Console, etc), or is this viable? I just wanna play Donkey Kong 64 like it was on the N64.
>>
>>4053380
Can u get a real N64
>>
>>4053404
Already have one, just no games right now
>>
>>4053416
get a chinese everdrive of you're on a budget, get a real one if not. All the games, for the price of like 1 or 2 good games.
>>
>>4053534
How does one find a bootleg everdrive at a decent price.
>>
>>4053537
https://world.taobao.com/item/44541892307.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-1197810513.34.Za81VZ
>>
>>4053537
Unintuitive search terms on AliExpress, or you can pay an agent to buy one for you on taobao as >>4053552 recommends. Additionally, the N64 ones are easily findable on amazon, eBay, etc, though you'll usually pay a little more as a 'normalfag tax'.
>>
>>4053380
>I just wanna play Donkey Kong 64 like it was on the N64.
everdrive 64 v3 with ultracic II
>>
>>4049093
i don't understand, is this something better than a flash cart? Or is it something you can put on a cheaper flashcart for better compatibility?
>>
>>4053552
That's a legit everdrive, the seller is listed on Krikkz as a licensed dealer (junfangames)

http://krikzz.com/store/content/6-dealers
>>
>>4055031
Yeah, I just like the prices there. I got the Mega Everdrive X7 for $120.
Was $110 to have it shipped to factory, then I had to pay $10 to ship it a second time to me.
>>
>>4049093
Are flash carts the most hipster things in the world?
>>
>>4057068
no, they are cost efficient.

hipsters are people who spend lots of money on a hobby they have no attachment toward to get street cred.
>>
>>4049093
not retro
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.