[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CD case?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (239KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
239KB, 960x720px
CD case?
>>
>and YOU gotta help us!
>if you need help check out the enclosed instruction manual
>>
>>4048881
>he didn't buy a legit copy
piratefags need to leave
>>
Yea that thing they used to put the games on. Made of plastic. Before that digital download thing
>>
File: image.png (486KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
486KB, 960x720px
>>4048885
Digital download thing?
>>
>>4048885
Cartridge?
>>
>>4048882
enclosed instruction book?
>>
>not just dialing all possible numbers.
>>
>>4048881
The first time I played this, I didn't understand that he was asking me to perform an epic 4th wall break, I thought the "cd case" he was referring to was the disc he gives you in-game with the metal gear ballistic test results.

Fucked around for most of a day trying to figure out how to examine the item further. Actually had to look on the internet for an answer, which was kind of a big deal baxk in 1998
>>
Second floor basement?
>>
Played this with a friend. Took us a while to figure it out and we spent a lot of time fucking with the in-game items. Then my friend asked to see the actual CD case. That was when I knew this game was fucking silly.
>>
You don't actually need the CD case. If you call Colonel enough times, he'll just give you the number.
Same thing with the Psycho Mantis fight. Call him enough times and he'll tell you about the second controller port trick. If you die even after that and call him again, he'll tell you to shoot the stone busts around the room (Mantis is looking through them).
>>
>>4049445
third floor basement?
>>
>>4049425
same (minus the internet bit)
didn't actually get to continue the game till way after, ('08, yay home internet)
hell I only managed to survive the torture mini game last year,
totally not worth it for a fucking bandana

>>4049450
only found these trick out from youtube vids
like the destroying of the masks on the statues to weaken mantis's power
>>
File: gfs_58122_2_4.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_58122_2_4.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>
Mental note: I need to try the Solid Snake conversation technique more often.
>>
>>4049450
>(Mantis is looking through them)
Wait what? I thought he used telepathy to look through Snake and Meryl's eyes, weren't the busts used as projectiles?
>>
>>4049395
I did this.

... ... ... ... ... ... in reverse
>>
>>4050172
After Meryl is knocked out, enter First Person Mode. You'll see he's looking through the eyes of the stone busts.
>>
>>4050139
>>4050172
>destroying the masks on the statues
According to Naomi:
"Those statues were modeled after Mantis' real face. Mantis despises the sight of his own face. If he suddenly sees his own disfigured face staring at him, it might break his concentration. "

I mean, why didn't he just... NOT have the statues in the same room he's in, or something?
>>
>>4050186
because he was a narcissistic psychopath?
>>
>>4050139
>destroying of the masks on the statues to weaken mantis's power

This cannot be real, what the fuck.
>>
>>4050246
see >>4050186
>>
>>4050238
What kind of narcisist despises the sight of his own face? But I kind of understand what you mean. He likes his whole image, just not the face part.
>>
>>4050169
It works surprisingly well in real life, if you're not anal about it. When you repeat something like they do in MGS/anime, people like it because they know you're paying attention to them. I tried it as a joke back then (Saint Seiya did this a lot), and some people even smiled back at me.
Just don't repeat everything back, that's autistic.
>>
>>4050186
They probably work as anchors for remote vision, allowing him to look into the room at any time
>>
>>4050260
MGS came out way before Naruto, but Naruto has a similar concept. There's a character that shares his field of vision with 6 "drones", so everything that one sees, they all see. That means the character has no blind spot.

Although Mantis dodges bullets, so maybe he's a precog too? I forgot.
>>
>>4050265
I think that's more him utilizing his ability to see through other people's eyes, letting him see exactly where Snake is aiming.
>>
File: 2nd floor basement.png (132KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
2nd floor basement.png
132KB, 960x720px
>>4049445
>>
>>4050393
A woman? not him
>>
>>4050169
Conversation technique?
>>
>>4050256
For me it feels like I'm feigning interest in whatever they're saying.
>>
>>4050256
Autistic?
>>
>>4049450

>people still discovering that metal gear solid is a fucking awesome game that was ahead of its time
>>
>>4051472
>>4051472
>>>4049450
>>people still discovering that metal gear solid is a fucking meme of a game that should have never existed.

FTFY
>>
>>4051446
Interest?
>>
>>4050256
It works real well when you need instructions from people.
>>
SUPER
BABY
METHOD?
>>
>>4048884
Not getting screwed by Blockbuster
>>
>>4050186
Was this even his office? Didnt Foxhound take the base over like 2 days earlier?
>>
>>4050256
Not anal?
>>
>>4051797
Probably brought them with him.
>>
>>4050169
The Solid Snake conversation technique?
>>
>>4051481
Go make another /ogg/ thread, Razorcuck.
>>
>>4048881
What is the search bar? How do you internet? What is a computer?
>>
File: solid quake 2.png (346KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
solid quake 2.png
346KB, 960x720px
>>4052505
Search bar?
>>
File: Survellinace man.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Survellinace man.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>4050147
>>
that ninja hUh?
>>
>>4048881
1999. Hear great things about the game. Go to GameStop.
>Me: "I want a copy of Metal Gear Solid for Playstation."
>Clerk: "We only have it used, but it's $10 cheaper."
>Me: "Cool. As long as it works."
>Clerk:" Yep. Guaranteed."
> Get disks from drawer, put them in paper sleeves and sell them to me.
> No CD case.
>>
>>4053137
GameStop?
>>
>>4048884
I have a legit copy. The dude gives you a disk and says "it should be on the back of the CD case" so I was left scratching my head as to how I can examine the in-game item.

Eventually I just tried every frequency starting from the bottom until I reached Meryl's.
>>
>>4048884
Digital copies (like the one on PSN) don't include the case either.
>>
>>4048881

I rented it and ended up calling the store. They knew exactly what I was calling about and told me the frequency.
>>
File: solid quake 3.png (316KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
solid quake 3.png
316KB, 960x720px
>>4053182
Calling the store, huh
>>
>>4053182
Same thing happened to me, though I just broke down and googled it.
>>
>>4054440
For the Twin Snakes, I should add, not the OG PS1 game.
>>
What was the NES game where you were supposed to have a letter from your dad or something in the box that told you a code

I rented it and ended up returning it because I didn't have the password and the video store didn't have the letter
>>
>>4054453
Star Tropics?
>>
in the UK, every PSX magazine had already made a big fuss about how awesome this 4th wall break was even before MGS was released there so we all knew what the frequency was (or at least where to find it) before the game had even come out
>>
>>4054457
I figured out that code on my own before the internet was a thing, and I didn't have the guide book.

It's only a 3 or 4 digit password. If I remember, it's 747.

The other two passwords in the game (that you don't need to put in manually) are 1492 and 1776... and since it was only 3 digits, I just went with the first 3 digit number I could think of that was actually something in the real world.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.