[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retroarch on XP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: retroarch xp.png (61KB, 496x294px) Image search: [Google]
retroarch xp.png
61KB, 496x294px
Anyone here run RetroArch on an XP machine? Apparently the newest versions don't compile properly and the cores are incompatible, so if you have an installation that works, holla.

Also, Retroarch thread I guess.
>>
>>4048196
On XP latest didn't work for me until putting manifest file into the directory.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/retroarch/RetroArch-msvc2010-2b25704.zip
>>
>>4048196
>compile
they dont release pre compiled w32 binaries?
perhaps its just the compiling that wont work for whatever reason.
isnt an emulator a rather standalone software? its not like it would depend on directx12 or windows 10 APIs or wtf

windows xp is the retropc OS, a shame if retroarch really wont work on it
>>
>>4048206
yeah, but do the cores work? I loaded mine up into the latest (and just used a manifest from an old build), but when I try to open a core, it doesn't work.
>>
>>4048214
yep, cores work fine.
>>
>>4048219
mind putting up a ZIP file for your core folder? I'd super-duper-duper appreciate it. I've been at this for days trying different things and talking to RetroArch's main XP-compatibility guy, and we're both stumped.
>>
>>4048196
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
ProductName Microsoft Windows XP

try changin to Windows 7 Ultimate
>>
>>4048237
I'm on XP Professional. Would changing that reg entry really make a difference?
>>
>>4048231
I dont mind but I don't see what would make my folder of it special. Also I don't currently have every core downloaded since I only loaded the ones I was using.
>>
>>4048243
when/where did you get them? I'm trying to use the ones for offline use from http://bot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86/latest/ , but they aren't working.
>>
>>4048248
i downloaded the cores from within retroarch's gui.
>>
>>4048254
oh, ok. So yeah, if I try the cores you link and they don't work, I'll know it's something else wrong.
>>
>>4048258
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m87buqjyq9hc8j/cores.zip
>>
>>4048303
hmm. Do any of your NES cores work? I can't get mine to. The other cores work, though.
>>
>>4048196
Can you do me a favor? Go into your Windows/system folder and find the 3D Flying Objects screensaver (the filename should be ss3dfo.scr). I love that screensaver for the customizable flag, and I think it really sucks that newer Windows versions don't include it.
>>
>>4048352
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_EKhSej5TselJqdXBta1c0Nmc/view?usp=sharing
here you go
>>
File: yuuka happy.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yuuka happy.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>4048370
Yes, thank you!
>>
So is anyone else having any trouble with NES cores on the newest XP build?
>>
Question: is it really worth it to upgrade the entire program when you're using the same core?

I can't go past 1.3.6 on Vista but everything works the way I want it to.

For what it's worth, I'm saving up for a new build, but still.
>>
>>4048243
pastebin your cfg

and pastebin a hashlist of the entire folder

quick way for OP to compare without you having to upload files
>>
>>4048331
yeah my nes cores worked for me, the ones i linked for you.
>>
If you have XP hardware then chances that the retroarch cores with better accuracy will choke your system.

Just stick to older dedicated faster emulators.
>>
>>4048370
can you grab the 3dflowerbox specifically and upload that too plss I'll literally love you forever man
>>
>>4049356
I'm pretty sure you can find 3dflowerbox online
>>
I want a proper explanation on how to configure overlays.
>>
>>4050206
are overlays just shaders by a different name?
>>
>>4050250
Overlays are a transparent png well, overlayed over the image. Shaders does graphical computing to transform your pixels.
>>
>>4050250
Guess so, when I said overlays, I meant those borders that simulate stuff like TVs and handheld screens. Those are a bitch to configure.
>>
>>4048241
it's free to try. Make sure you have the original name somewhere so you can change it back if it doesn't work.
>>
Anyone here use a 31 khz monitor to get 240p with scanlines by using a custom res of 3480x240@120? I'm trying to get it working on XP, but it's not working. Next I'm trying Vista or Linux.
>>
>>4052014

It should work exactly the same as it does on Windows 7 and higher, by creating custom resolutions.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.