[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone play the Enhanced Edition of BG1, BG2 and Icewind Dale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2017-06-08+at+02.12.43).jpg (286KB, 1186x640px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-08+at+02.12.43).jpg
286KB, 1186x640px
anyone play the Enhanced Edition of BG1, BG2 and Icewind Dale? Theres a lot of old RPGs I missed out on in my childhood and I've been looking forward to playing these, but I heard the Enhanced Edition adds a lot of stupid characters and story changes that I'd really rather avoid, if true.

General GOG summer sale too maybe? Any other old games you're looking into getting? Was thinking of Gothic 2, Grim Fandango, Planescape Torment and Arcanum also. Is Gothic 1 as good as Gothic 2? Why the fuck isn't Morrowind on sale?!
>>
>>4047980
BG 1 EE adds BG 2 style gameplay and classes. Also adds a few new NPCs who are easily ignored.

BG 2 EE has the new NPCs, who are slightly more in your face.

IWD EE adds BG 2 style combat and classes.

Siege of Dragonspear has your typical modern RPG features, such as sodomites and trannies shoveled down your throat. In terms of actual gameplay its ok. It is infinity engine, after all. Much better than, say, Pillars of Eternity. I'd play it again, which is more than I can say for any other RPG made in the last 15 years.
>>
>>4047980

I think it's probably a better idea to just hunt down the original versions and use mods. The EE's change/add way too many things in BG1 for the purist in me to not get annoyed, and I don't think the minor interface alterations are that great.

Also not retro but UnderRail is 50% off in that gog sale and that's a damn fine RPG.
>>
>>4047980
>>4048006
You get the original games if you buy the enhanced editions on GOG.
>>
File: dragonspear.png (293KB, 808x970px) Image search: [Google]
dragonspear.png
293KB, 808x970px
The biggest issues with the EEs were all the bugs and lack of modding support, but the bugs have been patched out and there's plenty of mod support. The originals still support more mods, but all the big ones now work with EE.

The additional content they added to the EEs are just optional characters, which all suck but can easily be ignored. I think there's a mod that outright removes the new NPCs for purists.

Honestly it doesn't matter which you play if you ask me these days. GoG gives you both versions anyway.

Also Dragonspear is garbage that isn't even worth pirating.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.