[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /vr/ I'm trying to patch some fds roms with their respective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fds.png (21KB, 879x673px) Image search: [Google]
fds.png
21KB, 879x673px
Hi /vr/
I'm trying to patch some fds roms with their respective translation patches, but the result always look like pic related.
Am I doing something wrong?
i'm using lunarIPS btw
>>
you might have the wrong rom, otherwise try different emulators
>>
>>4047898
I tried with nestopiaUE and mesen: same result.
Maybe it's the wrong roms then?
Dumped the roms and patches here in case someone else wants to try
https://my.mixtape.moe/ilvyur.tgz
>>
>>4047883
Try removing your HDD/SSD from your case, blowing on the contacts and putting it back in. This is a known issue common to these systems.
>>
>>4047919
>Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic (Japan) [b]
>[b]

There's your answer. It usually means a bad or corrupted dump from the GoodNES documentation. Get a different rom like one from like a TOSEC or No-Intro collection.
>>
>>4048078
Had the same issue and did this, works like a charm now thanks anon
>>
>>4048227
nice gaslight meunier!
>>
>>4048202
Thank you. Got the good dumps from the no-intro collection, but only tloz works. The metroid and dokidokipanic ones were probably meant from some old dump
>>4048078
What does this do?
>>
>DDP translation patch

But literally why though? The entire game is in English already, outside of those title graphics.
>>
>>4049103
It removes dust particles obstructing the contacts, which is a frequent cause of garbled graphics. When was the last time you cleaned your HDD/SSD contacts?

They also sell "professional" overpriced cleaning kits for this, but don't be fooled. Blowing is usually enough.
>>
>>4049119
>It removes dust particles obstructing the contacts, which is a frequent cause of garbled graphics.
Huh. Never heard of this problem. I'm using a pc btw
>When was the last time you cleaned your HDD/SSD contacts?
I bought this ssd a few months ago

Are you fooling me into bricking my drive? You wouldn't do this to a fellow anon, would you?
>>4049108
>https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3/
>Everything is translated, including the lovely ending.
>including the lovely ending.
I want to see it!
>>
>>4049153

My bad, I checked and the ending has "oshimai" which is "[the] end." But still, I wouldn't worry much if you can't get a translation patch to work. And the other anon is obviously bullshitting, making a joke about how people blow into game carts in an effort to get them to read in a game console.
>>
Found the remaining working roms in the TOSEC dump.
If anyone else is interested https://my.mixtape.moe/fsoyrj.tgz
Thank you everyone!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.