[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspiron Mini N910

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: inspiron n910.jpg (12KB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
inspiron n910.jpg
12KB, 320x265px
How much mileage can I get out of one of these for emulation?
I got one for free but it has no drive, and it uses one of those fancy PCI-E SSDs, for which I have no spares, so would basically have to buy one off ebay for $25. Can I expect something at least on par with the RPi?

It has 1GB DDR2 RAM and Intel Atom N270 CPU.
>>
That thing will run better than an rpi. Install Layla or some shit on it, load it with Roms and it'll be a neat portable all in one retro console.
>>
File: P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Ooh, netbook retro gaming thread?

I had one of these, I loved it so fucking much, expanded the RAM to 2GB and used it to complete Phantasy Star 4, happy memories.

Basically any 16-bit emulation will be fine on it, and of course you can play Baldur's Gate (NOT the system hungry EE version) and other classics
>>
>>4047816
What about PSX?
>>
>>4047947
Can no do.
>>
>>4047605
Pfffft get on my level.
>>
>>4048125
kinda overpriced pocket-EEEPC, i can only think of it as ultima online illegal afk macro on the go

if i was gonna do something that requires x86 on the road, i would pick a regular EEEPC for bigger keyb and screen, and if its emulation you might as well use ARM pocket computers

for PC 90s 00s native x86 games that would run on it, you would want to use mouse,. or several fingers on the keyboard, not just the thumbs... and for the games that you wouldn't need mouse or big keys, you would want to read text that was drawn for 14" screens, so not good also.

seriously, do you use it much or do you just like having a x86 on your pocket? which sounds cool
>>
>>4048195
Yeah but you get alot of utility out of it, it runs Gamecube games. I can play MGS twin snakes at 50 FPS PAL region tho. Minor slow down.

Plays alot of PC games and the edition you can run mods on those PC titles unlike ARM PC Ports.
>>
>>4048205
how well do those joysticks replace a mouse?

you cant WASD on that, can you?
>>
>>4048540
that's what the second analogue stick is for.
>>
>>4047605
i have a netbook with the same cpu, and it runs ok. Just dont expect to go online with it.

As for storage, grab a cheap flash drive (if you dont already own one...) and install posready 2009 - its essentially win xp but you can customise the install and not install any bloat.

will run everything fine upto ps1 - n64 is hit and miss though
>>
Upgrade the ram to 2GB and put some riced-to-the-bone Linux distro on there. I'm talking Arch, Void, or Gentoo with a small window manager. Then you might be able to squeeze Firefox and a few tabs into working, as well as 16 bit emulators.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.