[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Far East Of Eden/Tengai Makyou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

Do somebody know about the Far East Of Eden/Tengai Makyou series? I want to play Tengai Makyou Zero on a SNES emulator but i don't know if there is a translation patch and also the game uses the SPC7110 enhancement chip so I don't know how to sort it out.
>>
I only played the fighting game, pretty cool but also the CPU does some really bullshit input reading.
Would like to try the other games.
>>
Why do you want to play it if you don't even know that it's not translated?
The game is way too Japanese to be translatable and technical obstacles do the rest.
>>
BSNES or higan or something. Also a quick google would have given you this: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23162.0

It's currently in testing, translated by the dude who translated the GBA game.
>>
File: Tengai Makyo Zero.jpg (51KB, 550x446px) Image search: [Google]
Tengai Makyo Zero.jpg
51KB, 550x446px
>>4046808
>The game is way too Japanese to be translatable and technical obstacles do the rest.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23162.0
>>
>>4048582
Why would you put the same link two posts in a row?
>>
>>4048582
>Hacking-wise, very little has been done... It's just that what has been done was done very well. In terms of hacking, I'd say it's less than five percent complete.
>five percent
That don't sound very promising.
>>
>>4048591
wow it's like you didn't go to the last few pages where theyre literally in testing for the final release
>>
>>4048594
My bad, you should have linked to the final pages, then.
>>
>>4048602
I wasn't the guy who made that one. I was the guy above who already said they're in beta testing.

If the OP hasn't been updated in half a year, its probably a good idea to look at the end of the thread.
>>
>>4048605
They are mostly talking about possible translations of the title at the end, but there is also talk of a beta test.
>>
>>4048606
Test is already underway, but people doing the testing aren't as dedicated as the lead dude would like. He had to start getting more people testing because two stopped contacting him for a month iirc.
>>
>>4048550
What GBA game? Sorry but there are a lot of Tengai Makyou games but I didn't know there was one on the GBA
>>
>>4048550
The real time clock doesn't work properly in higan. Use SNES9X.
>>
>>4048857
Oriental Blue.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2035/

>>4048939
I just guessed because that's what they're testing the translation with. Something about it being the only emu that let's you do something with XML?
>>
>>4046694
I've played Tengai Makyou Zero. It's a pretty good game but most of the appeal comes from the entertaining dialogue so if you don't know japanese you might not get much out if it. The battle system is pretty simple and the game is fairly easy, so it's hard to recommend on gameplay alone. Great soundtrack, though, so you'll at least be able to appreciate that. I can't help you with emulation since I played it on real hardware, but I will say the game can be picked up very cheap so you might as well buy a copy. Keep in mind that due to the real-time clock the battery will most likely be dead (mine was when I got it) but sfc batteries aren't difficult to replace.

>>4046808
This poster is correct about the game being too Japanese to be translateable. It wouldn't be realistically possible to translate it without losing the tone of the original, and since the dialogue is the main appeal of the game it would be pointless.
>>
I'm amazed it's taken this long for somebody to really get this close to translating a mainline game in this series.
>>
>>4051421
Jokes on you, Tengai Makyou Zero is also a spin-off.
>>
>>4051419
>since the dialogue is the main appeal of the game it would be pointless.
It has the RTC as a novelty. By translating it you get a run of the mill DQ clone with a Tamagotch feature.
Maybe they can push jokes like replacing onigiri with jelly donuts.
One issue you'll face on real hardware is that the clock couldn't be set to years after 2014.
>>
>>4048614
This testing period is kinda irritating, but it beats waiting for byuu to start giving a shit again.
>>
File: 1456214578523651.png (124KB, 568x477px) Image search: [Google]
1456214578523651.png
124KB, 568x477px
For some reason a friend of a friend of mine had that game.
We managed to finish it with some help of a guy who knew Japanese, but to this day I barely understand the lore of the game.

Does anyone know what those skills that reduce Tenjin's MP/HP do?
>>
>>4051953
I liked using the Chabudaigaeshi.
>>
File: 531.jpg (21KB, 473x354px) Image search: [Google]
531.jpg
21KB, 473x354px
>>4052032
What they even do?
>>
>>4052052
Damage all opponents.
>>
File: 145687695562.webm (601KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
145687695562.webm
601KB, 512x448px
>>4052058
I'm talking about this fucking shit.
>>
>>4052071
http://hissatuwaza.kill.jp/setume/tengai0.htm
>月うつし
>敵の術攻撃を無効化すると同時に技として吸収してしまう。
It nullifies enemy spells and absorbs 技.
>>
>>4051875
>One issue you'll face on real hardware is that the clock couldn't be set to years after 2014.
Actually, that was something brought up by the translation group and the one dude doing the hacking was looking into possibly hacking a fix into the translation that allows for future dates the game wasn't made in mind of, but I can't remember if anything came of that.
>>
>>4052168
Even if they fix it you can't simply overwrite the ROM-chip to make it work on the cartridge.
It should be relatively easy since the calendar itself goes well beyond 2014, you just can't set the initial date higher. With emulators you can get around it by turning your system clock back, initializing the game's RTC and then advancing the system clock to the current date.
>>
>>4046808
>too Japanese to be translatable
If you play it and you're not a native Japanese speaker you translate it in your head, anon. Otherwise foreigners would never be able to play untranslated games in the first place. You just give an XSEED level excuse because you don't want to put in the effort personally.
>>
>>4052413
I think he's talking of stuff like Kanji puns.
>>
>>4052413
There are not that many untranslated JRPGs left anymore, it's not really worth learning an entire language for them.
>>
>>4052191
I meant it was more so neat if they get the game working on flashcarts eventually or just in general for emulation since it takes out an inconvenience.

They basically just removed the ROMs limit in the translation. They talk about it from page 3 to 10 in the thread above.

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23162.20
>>
>>4052434
>There are not that many untranslated JRPGs left anymore

I honestly doubt that. There was a fuck ton of them.
>>
>>4052495
Not really, most are translated. Vast majority untranslated are gameplayless Visual Novels.
>>
>>4052495
I mean, untranslated JRPGs worth playing, not Idea Factory tier trash.
>>
>>4052498
>>4052503
Bunch of untranslated rpgs on PC Engine, those PCE games are a motherfucking PROBLEM because they're kana only and usually have accompanying voiced cutscenes without subtitles. They are probably impossible to translate and a pain in the ass unless your Japanese skill is almost native level.
>>
>>4052413
>you translate it in your head, anon.
No you don't. I'm not translating this either, I'm capable of thinking in English despite not being native speaker.
>>
>>4052514
PCE-CD games have kanji for most part. 1MB or whatever storage they take is hardly a big deal on a CD.
Hu-Card games don't have kanji but there's very few RPGs with them.
Pic rekated, the first game in the series was on PCE-CD:
>>
>>4052413
All that effort to play subpar turn based jrpgs.
>>
>>4052976
Weren't the remakes of 1+2 released on a bunch of different shit? Meaning it might be possible to work potentially easier to hack versions of those games?
>>
>>4053559
Ziria was relased on old Japanese cellphones, which are practically terra incognita.
The remake was released on Xbox 360.
Manji was remade for GC, PS2 and DS.
Both had emulated versions for PSP and PS3.
>>
>>4053579
I think ziria is also on iOS, IIRC.
>>
File: TM Ziria Xbox.png (156KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
TM Ziria Xbox.png
156KB, 256x364px
>>4053579
>>4053770
Funny enough, Ziria has a remake on Xbox 360 as well.
>>
>>4053778
Fuck, my bad. Didn't see >>4053579 comment correctly. It's still funny to see a game like TM on the 360.
>>
>>4053778
Is there any trustworthy place to download 360 isos?
Can the game be emulated?
>>
>>4053785
>Can the game be emulated?
No.
>>
>>4052434
>implying JRPGs are the only reason
VNs, Adventure games, action games, etc

There's probably 100+ untranslated Saturn games alone that are worth playing if not just as many PS1
>>
>>4053859
>action games
Those are playable without knowing the language.
>VNs, Adventure games
Non-game shit.
>>
Truth of the matter is that there is VERY little reason to learn Japanese at this day and age unless you're particularly interested in their shitty ass backwards culture.
>>
>>4053881
>Those are playable without knowing the language.
But the story, anon

Also, that "non-game shit" is what made me want to learn in the first place. Things without even a fucking description on gamefaqs that looked interesting or cute.
>>
>>4053884
>Also, that "non-game shit" is what made me want to learn in the first place
Cool story bra, I have no interest in VNs and dating sims though and even if I did, there's plenty of already translated VNs out there on Windows.
>>
>>4053884
Look how much VN shit is already in english
https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0.lang-en;rfil=;o=a;s=title;p=1
Do you really need to learn a whole primitive language to play that? There's more games in there than you have time left on earth you old geizer.
>>
Japanese VNs have horrid writing, weebs just try to force them as better in their native languages so they can have something to feel better about themselves. They wanna feel like all their time wasted learning a useless language was worth it somehow.
>>
>>4053778
This game probably would have gotten a release if Gaijinworks could have met the minimum requirements to publish titles on the 360.

That said though, the game just looks...awkward and kinda ugly. Not that the original game is much better in that regard.
>>
>>4053903
>>4053896
That's you then. Good for you. Being able to play whatever the fuck I want and find out on my own what's good or bad without waiting years for a translation with memes is worth to me.
>>
>>4053951
>play
>VNs
That's a stretch and you know it. At best you'll be READING shitty VNs.
>>
>>4053951
>translation with memes
Don't act like Japanese writing is much better, they just force niconico and 2ch memes instead of youtube ones.
>>
>>4052514
The spoken dialogue cut scenes that occur without any accompanying written dialogue are probably the most difficult. Not because it's impossible to translate them by ear but because they would have to either hack the text into those scenes.

Or, in a nightmare scenario, put in a fandub.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.