[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

Is this the best Mario game collection?
>>
100%
2 great Nintendo games
>>
It's fantastic, but a lot of people don't like the change in physics for SMB1 (it's a really minor thing though, I doubt most people actually noticed it while playing, most just read about it and proceeded to notice later).
SMB2 is probably the best looking of the remakes.
SMB3 also looks pretty good but sadly it's missing some of the trademark art direction elements, like the transparent powerup signs on the sky, or the spacey background on underground levels and the cool silver terrain texture.
I also think the music on the NES original (SMB3) is better, especially the ending theme, that's not to say the SNES one isn't good, but it could have been better, it's just okay.
SMW has an actual separate sprite for Luigi on this collection.
>>
>>4046135
>It's fantastic, but a lot of people don't like the change in physics for SMB1 (it's a really minor thing though, I doubt most people actually noticed it while playing, most just read about it and proceeded to notice later).

I disagree that it's minor. The physics feel completely different. But I've played a lot of SMB and blow through the original like nothing whenever I pick it up.
>>
>>4046156
To me it still feels like the physics and controls in the original except the block thing, it's not like you're constantly jumping through blocks in the game.
But yeah probably it SMB1 was your most played Mario game I guess you'd notice without reading it first.
I'd consider it not minor if the controls and physics were completely different, like SMB3 controls or something.
>>
>>4046135
>>4046156
>>4046161

This is why the Brick Fix rom-hack exists.

>tfw playing All-Stars with proper SMB1 physics
>>
The change in physics of SMB1 make the game harder or easier?
>>
>>4046271
just shittier
>>
>>4046275
Isn't the change just the fact that, instead of letting you go through a brick after you broke it, you get bounced back? Is there any other change?
I'd say it makes it harder.
>>
Yup. Introduced me to the NES Mario games.
>>
>>4046284
There's also a sightly hitbox difference that you will only realize if you're trying to speed run the game.
>>
>>4046298
Source?
>>
>>4046123
>>4046135
Is there a romhack for the standalone Super Mario World ROM that gives us the Luigi sprite?
>>
Has anyone else ever had the graphics glitch out on All Stars SMB2? It was apparently an overseen bug that every game has.
>>
>>4046349
Never, where is the glitch supposed to happen?
>>
>>4046314
Fuck off.
It's not even obscure, just Google it.
>>
>>4046421
Wow, rude.
I found a plebbit post where they say this:
>Enemy hitboxes are different, most notably piranha plants. The entire plant has a hitbox instead of just the base, which makes some pipe jumps a lot harder.
If this is true, coupled with the fact All-Stars SMB1 doesn't let you go through the blocks, then I guess we can consider All-Stars SMB1 the "harder" version, it's cool to have 2 different versions of the game, the original we all played and love, and a remake with slight changes that make it all a bit more challenging for experienced players.
I can understand how speedrunners might be annoyed by it though, competitive players don't like changes in their games, especially if that makes it harder for them.
>>
>>4046123
Check this shit out:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2778/
>>
>>4046123
>Is this the best Mario game collection?

It's the only Mario game collection.

Also something about SMB1 and TLL bugs the crap out of me beyond the brick physics. Something about the aesthetics.

And SMW Jump/Fireball SFX is shit tier compared to the NES versions. If I had it my way, sound effects in video games would be the one thing that never evolves because O feel no satisfaction from stomping a goomba past the 8 bit age.
>>
>>4046461
>Something about the aesthetics.
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/604/
>>
>>4046516

The floor not being made of bricks isn't what bothers me.

I think it's something about the enemy sprites. They're a little too faithful to the source material. They changed Mario and Bowser's sprites, but didn't bother to touch up the enemies beyond recoloring them.

Also it's weird that Mario's and Luigi have outlines but nothing else does.

Also also I think the background's colors are too soft.
>>
>>4046135
Never noticed the physic change but I grew up with All Stars instead even though I even beat the patch too. The original SMB3 looked like ass but once I found out about those little touches it does kinda bum me out that they weren't in All Stars.
>>
>>4046123
yes
>>
>>4046429
You're an idiot. All Stars is the version where you go through the blocks, in SMB 1 on NES you bounce back off them. Did you even play the game or are you just here to shitpost?
>>
>>4049509
Calm down
>>
I just want the various Super Mario Lands redone in this style.
>>
I like 4 GBA version then,it have Mario's voice.
>>
>>4046123
it fucks up both SMB1 and SMW, so no.
>>
>>4050594
How?
>>
>>4046337
bump
>>
>>4046123
The best without question IMO. I actually like the change in physics for SMB1.
>>
>>4050693
I've just found this;
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=8625

but it's not a simple ips patch and I can't get it working
>>
>>4050592

This is an english speaking board.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.