[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI ? Vote for the better game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: CR-VS-FF.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CR-VS-FF.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI ?

Vote for the better game.
>>
Chrono trigger is, I would say, the much better overall game though FFVI has it's moments. Personally I consider dragon quest V, metal max returns and earthbound to be better then either but that's just my opinion.
>>
File: IMAG0423.jpg (1MB, 1915x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0423.jpg
1MB, 1915x1080px
I think I like CT more, I dunno man.
>>
>>4046127
You think DQV is better only because of its inaccessibility at the time to western audiences, the game is actual trash.

FFVI is better.
>>
>>4046236
No, I think DQV is better since I like it better. I played it after I played FFVI.
>>
>>4046576
I don't really get why DQ is so popular, boring gameplay, boring plots that don't make you immerse with, and characters with no character.
>>
>>4046070
CT. How is this even a contest? CT has much more coherent game design and better combat all around.
>>
>>4046612
Well that's your opinion. I find FF overall a pretty boring series and absolutely love DQ. Just different taste.
>>
CT is a better game, FFVI has a better story.
>>
Chrono Trigger > FFV > Terranigma > FFVI
>>
>>4046612
I've been trying and failing to get into DQVIII recently, and the reasons you list are exactly why it's not grabbing me like I'd hoped
>>
>>4047227
I haven't been able to finish any DQ game.
>>
>>4046749
They need to do a FFVI 3DS port like they did w CT DS port. Was awesome.
>>
>>4046820
Swap Chrono Trigger / FF5 and this becomes the correct ranking.
>>
>>4046612
You have to enjoy exploring and talking to npcs to enjoy DQ games. Plot-wise is not as interesting as FFs, but i'd argue that visiting new towns is more exciting that waitting for the next plot move.

Gameplay-wise (ie, combat) i really don't mind much.
>>
>>4046070
Gotta say Chrono Trigger, but i mean they are both really great games and hold a lot of sentimental value for me personally.
>>
I vote FFVI

Played 'em both back in high school when they came out and liked FFVI way more at the time. Even replaying them I still give it the nod. Feel like there's less hand holding and more of an adventure.
>>
>>4047587
I can def agree w that, I just like CT's music better.
>>
>>4046070
Chrono Triggers fighting mechanics and artwork are superior, but I prefer FFVI's story and music (but those are more personal taste than anything).
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 508x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 508x338px
Is FF VI good or mainly nostalgia? Would someone who has never played it enjoy it?
>>
>>4046749
Where I'm at with it.
>>
>>4048474
I'm playing through it for the first time. The story is good but the gameplay leaves a bit to be desired. Espers being tied to stat progression isn't the best choice and certain characters just aren't worth using despite the revolving party. Not to mention since you need Espers to improve certain stats, pretty much everyone becomes a mage of some sort, diminishing character variety a bit.
>>
>>4046070
I like CT more, but FF6 has better rom hacks.
>>
Just played through both recently. I've always preferred CT, and I still do.
>>
>>4048547
Pretty much this.

>>4048585
Play Brave New World. It's the definitive version of the game right now, very balanced and fun.

Some people will bash the plot changes on earlier versions but there's only one different scene on the last patch, and it's pretty much fucking nothing.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.