[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favorite Amiga games and why was it Shadow of the Beast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: sotb2.png (192KB, 963x540px) Image search: [Google]
sotb2.png
192KB, 963x540px
Your favorite Amiga games and why was it Shadow of the Beast?
>>
File: 1492144615409.jpg (16KB, 273x257px) Image search: [Google]
1492144615409.jpg
16KB, 273x257px
>>4045408
...it was Cannon Fodder 1/2
...it was Gloom
...it was Alien Breed (series)
...it was Banshee
...it was Breathless
...it was Syndicate
...it was Jungle/Desert Strike
...it was Slam Tilt
...it was Agony
...it was Settlers
...it was Speedball 1/2
...it was Elite 2
...it was Another World
...it was Turrican I/II/III
Oh and it was Shadow of the Best and many others.
>>
>>4045408
Unreal
Lionheart
>>
>>4045408
Atari ST 520 fm > Amiga 500
>>
>>4045639

are you fucking retarded? Amiga had custom chips. The fucking ST used the same sound chip as the speccy.
>>
>>4045408

SotB is a shit game. It's way too hard.
>>
>>4045408
Because music and graphics make a shitty platformer great. not
>>
dont be blended by your childhood memories. yeah, the game was an audiovisual masterpiece, which atmosphere was really immersive and sucked my 6 year old me totally in, but gameplay was crap, difficult and unfair.
>>
Captain Blood, because who doesn't like to explore space.

>>4045971
Took them 3 games to get good.
>>
>>4045408
I really, really liked Amigavania.
>>
>>4045974
i have to admit, i really like the PS4 Remake. Catchy combat system.
>>
>>4045408
>Shadow of the Beast
But the beast had no shadow, how could it be my favourite Amiga game?
>>
>>4045570
>Cannon Fodder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMqOMFW3Gt8

Excellent music by Jon Hare.
>>
>>4045639
Nice bait.
Love and own both machines but the ST is seriously underpowered in every aspect.
>>
>>4045991
You do know WHO the beast is?

>inb4, hurr yes it's you
>>
>>4045938
>>4045960
>>4045971
Never played it as a child, but first around 15 years ago in my early 20's.
Don't know why people say it's hard/unfair/bad gameplay, if you ask me it's really addictive and enjoyable, guess it's just not a game for impatient people who can only enjoy Super Mario style of platformers.
>>
Shadow of the Beast hate is universal here, specially for a weeb heavy board like /vr/.
Japanese critics HATED it when it came out, like they hated every western game.

It's literally a mindless meme, I wouldn't say it's a amazing game, but it's a good game nonetheless.
>>
>>4045408
That game is shit. The third one was the only one remotely close to decent.
>>
I've literally never played an Amiga game or seen one that I'd want to play.
>>
>>4046114
I never played it as a kid either. I was 20 when it came out. I'm very patient but game play is shit and repetitive as fuck. Most of the game is just running up to a point and then waiting for shit to run at you and punching it. Boss battles are fucking pathetic. The only people who think this turd is good are Amiga hipsters. This is coming from someone who has 4 Amigas including one of the first 1000s I bought brand new.
>>
>>4046252
not him but you have just shitty standards/taste for games then, I'm a actual /vr/ (Amiga being probably one of the lesser platforms I use) fag and think it's a good game, no more repetitive then most of Sega's and Nintendo's lineup games of the time
>>
>>4046463
i played SotB2 for sega genesis as a kid. had no fucking idea what i was doing but found the art and confusion so intriguing that i rented it like 2 or 3 times. i defy anyone to actually attempt to comprehend SotB2s gameplay without some kind of documentation or a play through.

it did have cool looking monster art though
>>
>>4046114
>>4046252
>bragging about age
>bragging about things "you bought" decades ago
Yup, we know you kids want to fit in, but underage is not welcome here.
>>
>>4046463
>shitty standards/taste
no u. We have our opinions. Only difference is most people agree with me.

>>4046529
So much underage. So much projecting. Top kek kid. Have a nice summer.
>>
>>4046149
It would really like to know more about the Japanese reception of this game series. The first two were not only released on console over there, but also on FM Towns. It had to have had some sales.
>>
Finished both SotB 1&2 as kiddo (pre-internet, no documentation, but knew TENPINTS cheat for 2nd)

On its difficulty: SotB1 was really hard and combat system was silly 1hit-1kill, required perfect timing, it was hard to memorize enemies and the castle area was just impossible.

SotB2 was really balanced. Combat was better and easier to perfect. All areas were accessible since beginning and so it was easier to train (without any save). What was hard was to find out in which order to visit areas. Music and art style is amazing.
>>
I refuse to play Son of the Bitch 3 because it didn't get a console port. To me, SotB3 never happened.
>>
Agony and Fury of the Furries.
Dunno why it would be Something of the beast.
>>
>>4046149
I'd say it's decent. Not good
>>
>>4046149
Famitsu gave it a 20/40 score, mediocre
>>
>>4046914
>no u. We have our opinions. Only difference is most people agree with me.
Even if it was true that most people agree with you, but in this thread obviously they don't and neither do official reviews.
They are just opinions, obviously mediocre players will be put off with games like SotB.
>>
File: liberation-captive-ii_13.png (23KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
liberation-captive-ii_13.png
23KB, 300x200px
Actually my favourite Amiga game was Captive 2: Liberation, but I do have many happy memories of Shadow of the Beast 1 & 2
>>
>>4047326
>i didn't read the thread
People with shit opinions usually don't. lol
>official reviews
You mean paid editorial, the original fake news?
>>
>>4048153
>People with shit opinions usually don't. lol
Wait, you are talking about yourself?

>You mean paid editorial, the original fake news?
I rest my case, tinfoil hats are unable to be discussed with
>>
File: Gods.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gods.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>4045408
Fuck off. Zool was better than SotB, and Zool was a substandard game/chupa chups advertisement at best. Fucking dizzy games played better than that peice of shit.

Pic related? Now we are fucking talking.
>>
File: Agony.gif (159KB, 288x192px) Image search: [Google]
Agony.gif
159KB, 288x192px
>>4045408
Agony. I don't like Shadow of the Beast.
>>
File: stunt car racer (amiga).webm (3MB, 567x361px) Image search: [Google]
stunt car racer (amiga).webm
3MB, 567x361px
Stunt Car Racer, because the visceral rollercoaster thrill is one of the few things left that can still excite my cold, jaded heart.
>>
>>4048493
Agony is garbage.
T. amiga user.
>>
>>4048317
Thanks for giving up. Have a good summer.
>>
>>4048570
Nice shitpost.
Sure must be hard trying to fit in.
>>
>>4048552
nobody gives a fuck that you are a amiga user, guess what? people have different taste and opinions
if you weren't a amiga user in the first place, you shouldn't be commenting anyways
>>
>>4047090
3 was the best one. It will never ever be ported to console.
>>
>>4048683
It would be impossible to fit in with you summer fags and in/v/aders. I don't even want to try.
>>
>>4048842
Fun fact, traffic in 4chan doesn't change at all turning summer.
How old are you anyways? I always find faggots who try to make themselves older than they really are hilarious, especially on a "nostalgic" board like /vr/.
At least you're not really a old fat fuck like you want to make yourself seem, with the amount of your ignorance and knowledge, you would be a pretty pathetic old-faggot then.
>>
>>4047875
It still seems to have a following.
http://captive.atari.org/
>>
>>4048851
>Fun fact, summerfags always parrot this traffic meme
>>
Lemmings 2
Hunter
The Chaos Engine
Cannon Fodder
IK+
Harlequin
Llamatron
Zeewolf
Flashback
Ruff and Tumble
Super Stardust
Alien Breed 3D
No Second Prize
Pinball Fantasies
Guardian CD32

Fuck Shadow of the Bait.
>>
>>4046252

I'm an Amiga hipster (7 of them) and I fucking hate SotB.
>>
>>4048510

recently played this on linkup with my 1200 and 4000. Never got the chance to do that back in the day.
>>
>>4050240
I'm pretty sure that disqualifies you from being a purebred hipster
>>
>>4049335
Is this some kind of reverse psychology shit?
Pathetic, kid.
>>
>>4045408
Can't say it's my favorite but it is a great game.
>>
>>4050336
What makes you think that. Does your mommy use reverse psychology on you? How's your summer so far?
>>
>>4050597
could you please get a tripcode? you're one of the most annoying summerfags I have ever seen
>>
>>4050597
Fuck off you autist, your shitposts are getting boring.
>>
>>4050597
>this much of a attention whore
At least make the bait worth it.
>>
>>4050613
>>4050616
I know right? Makes me really fucking mad and pissed....oh wait, no it doesn't, it just makes me laugh how pathetic some autists are
>>
>>4050240
>using hipster unironically
>>
>>4048689
Agony is still rubbish. Controls, music, graphics are all awful. There are way better shooters on the Amiga.
t. amiga user who actually plays amiga games.
>>
>>4050887
>music, graphics
>awful
No.
>>
Turrican II, Moonstone, Deluxe Paint.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.