[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buffalo or 8Bitdo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 41PEU48oG3L.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41PEU48oG3L.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
Buffalo or 8Bitdo?
>>
File: 51SAAYYMB9L._SX425_.jpg (31KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
51SAAYYMB9L._SX425_.jpg
31KB, 425x425px
>>4044173
Dualshock 3 and a Duke. DS3 is great for the majority of shit and if you need a six face button controller the duke works.
>>
Official SNES controller with a USB adapter.
>>
>>4044185
1) what do OP's options lack compared to an official controller?

2) is it easy to refurbish old controllers, e.g. buy good quality rubber pads to replace worn out ones?
>>
>>4044201
>1) what do OP's options lack compared to an official controller?
Official hardware that was built to last. OP's options lack authenticity of feel and internals.

>2) is it easy to refurbish old controllers, e.g. buy good quality rubber pads to replace worn out ones?
Probably, but I've never needed to.
>>
>>4044201
>built to last
We're talking about Nintendo here.
>>
File: Game_boy_damaged_in_the_gulf_war.jpg (961KB, 1479x1979px) Image search: [Google]
Game_boy_damaged_in_the_gulf_war.jpg
961KB, 1479x1979px
>>4044212
Not sure what you're trying to say exactly.
>>
>>4044216
Your underage is showing. Do you know how bad the screens on those get?
>>
I own both, ibuffalo is best for cheap, 8bitdo feels closest to an original
Spend extra for the 8bitdo, it can also be linked to your phone through bluetooth and used for emulators there, and theres wireless adaptors fkr nes and snes that really work well.
>>
Been eyeballing the FC30Pro despite the fact that I have a dualshock 4 and a SNES USB adapter. Is it worth $30?
>>
>>4044173
the buffalo has issues with eventually developing random d-pad inputs (in particular, if you look at it in jstest, you'll get some crazy analog values occasionally despite it being an all digital pad)
which is a fucking shame -- the buffalo is built fairly decently for a clone controller

never owned an 8bitdo controller, so I can't comment on it
>>
>>4044229
We're talking about a controller here.
>>
>>4044306
The 8bitdo can misread diagonal inputs. Apparently it's really easy to fix it if you end up with one that has that problem.
>>
>>4044306
Mine has the same issues. The occasional random diagonal d-pad input, which can be rather annoying with fighting games. Unnoticeable with platformers.

Happens maybe once or twice every half hour, so it's not too bad. Had the controller for over a year before it started doing that.
>>
>>4044327
So it only affects some of them, not all?
Sounds like the 8Bitdo is the better option assuming you either get one without the diagonal issue to begin with, or fix it once you've got it.
>>
>>4044173
8Bitdo controllers are best since you can use them on your PC, iDevice, Android device, Raspberry Pi, Nintendo Switch, Wii, Wii U and even the original hardware.

Also, they're wireless which can be both a pro and a con depending on what you want.
>>
>>4044380
can't you connect a usb cable and use them as a wired controller? Best of both worlds?
>>
>>4044447
Yeah, but I'm not sure if it works on consoles.
I think it only works on PC and Android.
>>
>>4044463
ok that's fine, it's not like Buffalo works on consoles anyway
>>
>>4044173
I own both, both are great, but the 8bitdo battery tends to die before the first year of use. So I'd go with the buffalo option.
>>4044185
Getting a worn outdated gamepad isn't the best choice exactly.
>>
>>4044662
>but the 8bitdo battery tends to die before the first year of use.
but you could still use it as a wired controller after that right? I'd still prefer that since it looks a bit more like the real thing compared to Buffalo with those useless extra buttons
>>
>>4044173
>underage or summer?
Neither

>>4044185
But my SNES doesn't have a USB port

>>4044216
The 2000's baby only knows Nintendo controllers from the N64 ones he wore out filling them with cheeto dust playing mario party.
>>
>>4044725
>but you could still use it as a wired controller after that right? I'd still prefer that since it looks a bit more like the real thing compared to Buffalo with those useless extra buttons

Yes you can use it with a usb cable.
I've seen a lot of people bashing the quality of buffalo, I'm not aware if they got a counterfeit or the original, I got the genuine one and I'm very satisfied with the built quality.
Those extra buttons work great with emulators which support programmable functions by the way.
>>
>>4044176
>DS3 is great

It's really not
>>
I wish there was a controller like the 8bitdo but with a series of buttons along the bottom or back or something that could be used to control emulation stuff like accessing menu screens, fast forward/rewind, savestates, volume, etc...
>>
>>4044854
That is not an argument.
>>
>>4044854
No but seriously, you're wrong.
>>
>buffalo

You can only find iBuffalo now. They are still okay.
>>
the wii u pokken pad is pretty cheap right now and works great on pc and raspberry pi
>>
>>4044173
Wired or wireless?
That's the only real question.
>>
>>4044380
>PC, iDevice, Android device, Raspberry Pi, Nintendo Switch, Wii, Wii U and even the original hardware.
It's also the biggest issue since it's work with bluetooth and weird combinaison you have to do with the controlller, instead of just using a dongle à la Logitech and be done with it.
>>
>>4045085
I picked up a brand new pad for $11 at GameStop. If you don't mind the controller being yellow Pikachu style, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>4045092
You can use a dongle to play them on a Super Famicom or Famicom (only the AV Famicom models and the NES).

And the multiplatform support is just icing on the cake, at the very least.
>>
>>4045115
I wouldn't mind a dongle for PC.

Also
>Game use the button start for the map
>press it for a few seconds
>it activate the bleepblopthing mode so now my controller is disconnected
there is too many combinaison with this controller.
>>
>>4044315
He's referring to the Gameboy regard
>>
Hori Pokken Tournament controller
>>
>>4044854
That doesn't sound like an argument.
>>
>>4045142
I thought we were talking about how well Nintendo hardware ages and resists damage. He said that the Gameboy screens didn't age well, I pointed out that the SNES controller didn't have a screen so that doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>4044176
wrongest post on here in a while
>>
I'd have to go with 8bitdo, but my experience with them over bluetooth has been negative. Wired is fine, though.
>>4044176
I can see the merits of the duke as a 6-button controller but the general shape/feel of the face buttons never did it for me. The DS3, on the other hand, I don't quite get at all. Any particular reason for that over a DS4?
>>
8BITDO'S CONTROLLERS ARE TRASH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170567464&postcount=76

I'm so tired of seeing them shilled everywhere by these retro-hipsters and kids that don't know any better. They're well-made, EXCEPT for the fact that the D-Pad, the most crucial of inputs for retro games, is fucking designed wrong. Makes inputting diagonals impossible. Even shit like Sonic is tough to play when he keeps rolling at random because it keeps registering the wrong inputs.

Don't support them until they fix it
>>
>>4044743
>But my SNES doesn't have a USB port
Hence the USB adapter, ya dolt.
>>
So 8BitDo, Buffalo, or Original controller?
All this thread tells me is 8Bitdo is trash.
>>
>>4045724
I have an iBuffalo and I've been satisfied with the quality, it's not quite as good as the offical SNES gampad but it is close.

I've also not experienced any of the input issues others are claiming in the thread, but I don't really play 1v1 fighters.
>>
>>4045652
For what purpose, ya faggot? Convert from SNES to USB back to SNES again?
>>
Never tried 8bitdo, but my experience with Buffalo is that they usually work well for up to around a year depending on how much you use them, and then something will start to go. If you don't actually plan to use it that often this isn't a huge problem because they're cheap enough to replace easily, but if you plan to spend a lot of time using it you should probably get something reliable.

I'm currently on my second one which I got about a year ago and its down-right diagonal has become difficult to use; if I'm not holding a hard and precise down-right it'll usually register the input as either right or down. Makes blocking lows difficult.
>>
i have an official snes pad but the buttons don't feel clicky anymore. Wat do?
>>
>>4046324
change the pads
>>
>>4046343
i tried buying new pads from ebay but they somehow felt even worse. Where can i buy good pads?
>>
8bitdo or pic related.

I have pic related and 8bitdo fc30. Both fantastic
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (21KB, 240x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
21KB, 240x165px
>>4046384
forgot how to 4chan
>>
>>4045615
>neocuck
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.