[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Super Mario Word rom hack? In my opinion, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault-3.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-3.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
What is the best Super Mario Word rom hack? In my opinion, it is "This Hack needs a Name". Every world is unique (candy world, Hell world, a mountain world with lightning featuring the Yoshis Island theme), the switch palaces are all different colors, yet it feels incredibly similar to the original while also feeling completely fresh and new. Not to mention the level design is actually fucking good. Hit me with some solid hacks, guys.
>>
File: 50stars.jpg (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
50stars.jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
Super Demo World, for me.
>>
Any recommended hacks where the difficulty is around the same level as the original rather than balls to the wall hard?
>>
I like "JUMP".
It's difficult but not kaizo difficult.
>>
>>4043996
too hard
>>4044267
too hard

or maybe i just need to git gud
>>
Don't know why, but every time I try playing a romhack it just makes me want to play the original game.
>>
>>4044267
I also enjoyed this. Nice music.
>>
I started playing This Hack needs a Name yesterday at 00:00 and when I realized it it was already 04:00. Excelent hack.
>>
>>4044617

Nah bra. Most romhacks really are stupid hard, they're usually not built to be balanced, they're made for autistic speed running challenges or something.

You know when a good portion of the rom descriptions actually say you probably need to save scum in order to beat the game, there's some serious fucking problems going on with romhackers.
>>
>>4044629
Probably because you lost the ability to enjoy new things.
>>
>>4045357
Romhacks are only 1/10th new
>>
>>4045352
Well, it's obvious why. Romhackers have surely played the game to death and are masters of it, so when they make a game, they want to challenge themselves hardcore. LoZ: Parallel Worlds is a legendary example, the author throws the gauntlet at you with dark rooms, bomb jumps, backtracking, beamos spam, minibosses, floor tiles, spikes, disappearing floor traps, and bullshit in general. Another hacker had to take the hack and remove/fix ALL of that bullshit to make the game playable for human beings (without save states), see Parallel Worlds Remodel. If you're playing a romhack, odds are good you've mastered the game and want a challenge, so honestly, it's not a bad thing if romhacks provide a major challenge, within reason.
>>
>>4045352
>>4045424
Super Mario World is also the most romhacked video game. It's reasonable to think that your players are not only experienced with the original game, but other romhacks as well.
>>
>>4045357
Or maybe romhacks are just bad.
>>
I really enjoyed Hack 3.
>>
>>4044218
try Return to Dinosaur Land
>>
>>4045343
same. it' super cute. I like the food/candy theming, reminds me of og SMW
>>
File: TSRPR_Title.png (14KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
TSRPR_Title.png
14KB, 256x224px
This Hack needs a Name is the best I've ever played, but another one I really enjoyed was The Second Reality Project Reloaded. It can get pretty fucking brutal with its difficulty, but the sheer amount of work put into it makes it worth playing through.

Also, BOWSER IN SPACE.
>>
The best level of This Hack Needs A Name has got to be that Ghost ship floating on lava that shit was epic.

I love how the game pretty much feels like Mario World in a parallel universe.
>>
Super Mario Odyssey
Not to be confused with the switch game
>>
>already a romhack general on the board
>I'll just post my own thread about romhacks
>>3989831
>>
>>4046651
Not the same thing you nigger
>>
>>4046651
Romhack general is for devs and hack drama.
>>
>>4046204
TSRPR is pretty reasonable until the end. Balancing on torpedo teds should not be allowed, and I don't think I've ever not timed out on the final level
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.