[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

n64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: Stick N64.jpg (11KB, 326x308px) Image search: [Google]
Stick N64.jpg
11KB, 326x308px
>tfw
>>
Is it true that japanese N64 controller had a better grease that kept the stick in good shape better than the USA/EU ones?
Anyway OP, just open the controller and make the routine maintenance and apply the grease yourself.
I don't recommend buying the GC-style sticks, they're not as precise as the original sticks.
>>
so happy I've never had that problem
>>
>>4043781
>not having played Mario Party
You missed out.
>>
File: stick.jpg (49KB, 469x297px) Image search: [Google]
stick.jpg
49KB, 469x297px
I took the silicone cover from an earbud, cut the end of it off, then put it around the bottom of the stick. Tightens it up considerably.
>>
>>4043795
Wouldn't the rubber stretch and warp when you move it making the stick feel sluggish and stuck? Could you post a video if it's not too much trouble?
>>
>>4043772
no burgerland just has more dirty shitskins that never wash their hands after eating doritos
>>
>>4043819
Are youserious? I don't touch anything with dirty hands. How can people do that to their electronics?
>>
File: nes blowjob.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nes blowjob.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>4043827
Lemmy 'clean' that cart 4 u BRAH. pfpfpfpfpfffttttffftftf
>>
>>4043819
stoners need to be exterminated.
>>
>>4043839
Back when I was a kid my friends did that so much I used to think it was necessary to make the shit work as if it ran on wind power
>>
>>4043790
or smash
>>
>>4043841
Weed can ruin your life
Idk one person whos life was improved by it
>>
File: billandted.jpg (70KB, 556x372px) Image search: [Google]
billandted.jpg
70KB, 556x372px
>>4043957
I know two
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 96x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 96x144px
>>4043841
>>4043957
>Marijuana is the devil

The 50s need your ignorance back.
>>
>>4044038
hes right though
>>
>>4044038
>muh weed
Sort yourself out please
>>
File: 0605171458.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
0605171458.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I suppose this is as good a time as any to shamelessly plug Steelsticks64 and their(Linus') amazing dedication, skill, and craftsmanship. As a permanent(and likely lifelong) replacement, you cannot go wrong with one of these. The customer service is great, the product is great, and the feel is absolutely phenomenal. There is a wide range of customization options, too. It's only in an early adopter phase, and I had been on the list for over a year, but must protest that it was well worth the wait and the money. I imagine he will open up sales to everyone and I'm betting he will turn a massive profit. I remember early on that he had hundreds of the parts he needs, and if they turn out to be usable, he'll be able to make hundreds and probably be able to afford a new car with the profit. Probably a damn house if he works his image right.

Anyway, I'm done spouting praise. All I can say is if you value your n64 and want to have a permanent solution to joystick wobble and inaccuracy, sign up to his mailing list. When the time comes for mass market, I highly recommend you get on it early, because as with the early adopter run, these will go quick, and for how long he'll do it nobody really knows, but I hope for a long time, because I want to get at least one more, if not many for all my controllers and possibly as gifts to friends.
>>
>>4044038
DUDE
>>
>>4044121
WEED
>>
they should have sold official nintendo analogue stick grease and nintendo thumb repair kit
>>
>>4044153
LMAO
>>
>>4043928
Did Smash had any 360 motion moves?
>>
>>4044081
>$125 for an analog stick

no thanks m8
>>
>>4044081
>As a permanent(and likely lifelong) replacement
lmao nope

the gears will still wear out, which is the main problem with N64 sticks.
>>
>>4044161
Or they could have made a better quality analogue stick.
>>
>>4044038
Weed may. E good, but the stoners are annoying faggots. 9/10 of the ones I have met are talking about weed first, anything else second. It's like another part of the autism spectrum.
>>
>>4045164
>9/10 of the ones I have met are talking about weed first, anything else second.
All this proves is that you're a fucking shut in.
>>
>>4044939
But you're wrong. The wear occurs in the bowl, when the surface the stick glides on its ground down, creating a gap and looseness. That looseness permeates the system, including, but not limited to the gears. This is why that other anon used the earphone plastic to bridge the gap. It's all about keeping the joystick tight against that bowl. And given that the bowl in these is now machined steel, that wear will not occur. Especially with the grease supplied by the creator.

As for the price, it's not even that high. Compared to the price of a new/like new controller with a joystick that IS prone to failure, it's a very reasonable price.
>>
>>4045273
You don't understand, anon. The gears in the steelstick module are still just OEM gears. The bowl and stick won't wear down like before, but the gear problem still exists.
>>
>>4045308
I see where you're coming from. But on the one hand the gears are easily replaceable. Especially given the prevalence of them and the fact that they don't need to be fashioned from scratch but refurbished or modified. And their wear rate is orders of magnitude lower than the bowl. In the long term, they will fail, but at nowhere near the rate at which the bowl surface is ground down. The bowl being chewed up is what causes looseness to occur. I imagine supplemental damage to the gears follows shortly thereafter. But one clearly happens before the other, i.e. OP image of dust from the stick/bowl.
>>
>>4045168
No, he's right. Can confirm.
>>
>>4044916
no but dash dashing and di eats up sticks very quickly
>>
>>4045456
That's not nearly as bad as the lightbulb minigame on Mario Party, that's the real N64 stick killer.
>>
>>4044163
>IT'S JUST A PLANT THAT'S WHY I STRUCTURE MY LIFE AROUND JUST A PLANT DUDE, JUST A PLANT. YOU WANNA SMOKE NATURAL JUST A PLANT TO MAKE THAT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING I JUST A PLANT.
>>
>>4045164
>>4045431
>>4046178
t. shut ins.
>>
>>4045462
That fucking Boo owes me 3 controllers
>>
>>4046178
>>4045431
>>4045168
I don't even smoke weed and I know you kids are retarded. Almost nobody I know who smokes weed is like this. It's like you faggots form your worldview from reading facebook and instagram lmao.
>>
>>4046189
>-you're- sheltered because -I- don't know these kinds of people
I'll let you reflect on your logic for a bit.
>>
>>4043772
did the non japanese ones even have grease?
>>
>>4046230
I do know these kinds of people. And for every pot smoker who is like that, there are a dozen more who aren't. You wouldn't know this, though, because you don't meet people. You just observe them from afar, resulting in a very narrow field of awareness. It makes perfect sense that someone with zero social experience would only be aware of the loudest and most charicaturistic individuals.

You've fallen for what reasonable people call "confirmation bias."

Try not to feel too bad, though. It's not your fault you were born retarded.
>>
>>4046230
the problem is that you think those are the majority of pot smokers, which isn't the case, and not by a long shot.

there are far more pot smokers directly in front of you than you think there are, and that's because you don't know that they're pot smokers.
>>
>>4046339
>you people are all the same because of my confirmation bias
>therefore you have confirmation bias
I'll let you reflect on your logic for a bit.
>>
>>4046405
>you people are all the same
things nobody said
>>
>>4043767
looks like the butt hole of the woman who took my V card.
>>
>>4046407
And no one ever said every potsmoker was like that but you went full autism and decided to throw an insult-laden tantrum so I'm not sure what your endgame is. Boo hoo, there's a stereotype. Welcome to the real world, shut-in.
>>
>>4046416
>And no one ever said every potsmoker was like that
Yes they did.
>>
>>4046420
They just said they should be killed off. They aren't wrong, though,.
>>
File: thumb repair.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thumb repair.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>4044161
>nintendo thumb repair kit
>>
>>4046189
i do too, but it's like talking about drinking natty light or bud light on the internet. there's literally no reason to talk about it

to keep things on topic, you can buy grease that pretty much ever keeps this from happening if done properly from the hardware store.
>>
>>4046435
lmao
>>
>>4044081
>™
>>
>>4046445
>it's like talking about drinking natty light or bud light on the internet.
People talk about alcohol on the internet all the time you stupid fuck.

>>>/ck/9012837
>>
>>4046478
lol

i dare anyone here to find a marijuana thread anywhere on this website with as many posts as /ck/'s alcohol general.
>>
I'll "plug" something too, I guess.

In my experience, the Hori 64 controller, analog replacements, etc all make the stick way too sensitive. In fact, even the Wii Virtual Console is like this.
"Sensitive", by which I mean it's more difficult to make "slight" n64 stick motions, and the max value outputted tends to be greater then what you could do with a regular N64 controller (which actually has some advantages).

https://www.amazon.com/GameCube-N64-Adapter/dp/B00SXXGYZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496894365&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecube+to+n64+adapter
But this Gamecube to N64 adapter works pretty great at adapting the stick the right way. You can also program the buttons. IDK if it induces much lag, but I don't think it does.

Mario 64 for example.
With the Hori, VC, stick replacements, etc, Mario tends to run at max speed before you press all the way on the stick.
It's difficult to tiptoe.
It's also difficult to control mario while he's flying.
However, controlling Mario on the slide levels is actually easier, because you can "steer" him with more power than was possible on the original N64 controllers (i think).

But with the converter it was easier to control Mario. The biggest difference for me was flying. It was much easier.
(of course, I was actually comparing a wiivc on an LCD to an N64 on a CRT, so it might have actually been the input delay)

Sliding was harder though, because of the lack of "power" due to decreased max output.
>>
>>4046495
here's the official retailer for that adapter.

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_n64_adapter/index.php
>>
>>4046495
>However, controlling Mario on the slide levels is actually easier, because you can "steer" him with more power than was possible on the original N64 controllers
no, that's not the case.
>>
>>4043790
>>not having played Mario Party
>You missed out.
He really didn't.
>>
>>4046949
>not liking Hudson's best party game
>>
>>4046937
oh yeah
>>
>>4046937
I honestly think it is.
>>
>>4047279
>what is bomberman
>>
>>4047359
Bomberman is more than just a party game, it's a religion.
>>
>>4047343
Ok, but you're not correct.

You're right that in some games the extra max value of joystick range is beneficial, like in Shadow of the Empire is lets you move your character faster.

But it doesn't affect anything in SM64.
>>
>>4047401
Well what makes you say that
>>
>>4044081
Call right now and we'll throw in another Steelstick™ for free!
>>
>>4047752
It's been tested extensively by speedrunners, there's no advantage to using hori other than on bowser throws, and that's because of the physical design of the stick, not the step mapping.
>>
>>4043781
so you played your n64 for five minutes?
>>
>>4043841

/pol/ here, he needs to be thrown in an oven.
>>
>>4044038
I dont hate weed. I do hate stoners and other degenerate scum. I also hate smash players.
>>
>>4048682
You know what's more annoying than stoners? The idiots who harp on and on about how bad they are.

BTW I smoke weed from time to time, I hope that fucking triggers you, you straight edge 16 year old faggot.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.