[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Are these any good?
>>
No.
>>
nope, they're awful.
>>
God no. Input lag and inaccuracies everywhere.
>>
Brother got one. It's pretty garbage. Sounds are all fucked up on the Sonic games. I think there's a PAL/NTSC issue or something with MK3 on it, it plays way too fast.

I know they're putting out a new Genesis with HDMI out, if they fix all the fuck ups from the model you posted OP, I'd just wait for that.

Otherwise, you're better off with the real deal, or emulate.
>>
>>4043758
It's terrible. Just plain avoid anything with the brand ''AtGames'' on them. While some games are better than others on it the sound emulation is horrible. Not even remotely like the original.
>>
>>4043758
I heard terrible things about it
>stretched pixels in 256x224 mode (low res)
>Castlevania Bloodlines crashes right at the last stage and Contra Hardcorps doesn't run at all, to name a few incompatible games
>JRPGs can't save
>sound is all high pitched and fucked up, they used a cheaper counterfeit yamaha sound chip
>>
They made a bunch of handheld versions that run ROM files as well. They're also terrible with godawful sound.
>>
>>4043828
The sad part is that instructions to fix most of the sound problems have been available online for several years, but they've never implemented the fix themselves.
>>
>>4043812
I actually already have one, but I've used it like twice. My mother bought it for me and it's just sort of collected dust.
>>
>>4043758
NO

NO NO NO NO NO

NO, STAY AWAY
>>
i would buy it used for a couple dollars but no way does it warrant the asking retail price
>>
>>4043758
No. Confirmed shit.

>>4044189
Most shit like this and clones are worth a buck or to just for the giggles.
>>
>>4043758
They portable one is decent for long trips. Just load a sd card up withgenesis romx and you are good.
>>
>>4045594
The handheld one is slowly getting better.
2016 model I got has save support for the built-in games (sword of Vermillion, Phantasy Star 2+3), and most games work, (some that had issues have had patches too, like UMK3 had a patch to make the controls work, Contra Hard Corps has a patch that makes most levels work except the scrolling bug is still in the train level)

The sound is still bad though, and the patch segaman made here:
http://elektropage.ru/publ/sega_suslik/utilitki_dlja_gofera/sega_gopher_menu_forced/23-1-0-174

that improves the sound on gophers only works on some older revisions of it.

I wish I could dump my megadrive ultimate's rom myself (without killing it), and hope to have him, or someone else who knows how he improved the sound, get it to work with the latest model.

Would be interesting to see how they got games saves working on the internal ROM. (But also why it doesn't work for SD card games)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.