[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emulators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Does anyone know any good emulators?, I don't to download a different emulator for every system, Does an all in one emulator exist?
>>
>>4042943
RetroArch
>>
>>4042950
Installed, Tries to run a ROM file but it wasnn't even detected
>>
>>4042943
MAME absorbed MESS an thus now does consoles instead of just arcade, and is technically what you want I guess though despite >>4042950 being mulitple emulators united under a single download/UI, it'll run a lot better than MAME.
>>
>>4042943
Recalbox version of EmulationStation is good. It's what I use on my pi3 in the bedroom.

https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os/releases/tag/4.0.0
>>
>>4042958
On anything with Retroarch or that style of program. you need to figure out through documentation and forum posts via google-- where to put shit.
Nothing will work unless the files are placed in the directories they are expected to be in, usually like, there will be a Roms folder and in it will be each system as a folder, and you have to put the roms in their appropriate subdirectory.
Same with bios files and so forth.
>>
>>4042958
default directory for roms is in downloads in the main directory iirc
>>
>>4042943
whats the matter with using different emulators? do you want to play every game in one console?
>>
>>4043026
This, that was my thought too.
>>
>>4042980
Yep, and this is pretty confusing for noobies because often enough the frontend configuration gives the appearance of allowing you to pick whatever directory you want, including wherever the fuck you've got your games stored currently. It doesn't TELL YOU that you have to use it's specific expected directories in the interface itself, usually, either.
It just kind of expects you to read the manual, which is one meme that should never have fallen into obscurity.

But hey, might as well be constructive and attempt to help people anyway.
>>
>>4043030
I thought most emulators were so old that you should be expected to read manual anyways
>>
I used to use MAMEuifx, but it is gone, what's my option if I don't wanna use standard mame?
>>
>>4043030
You can open RA and drag drop games into the open window and itll add them to the list.
>>
>>4043030
There are a bunch of youtube videos on how to get up and running. Just follow one of those and you'll be good to play everything after like 20 minutes.

If you're on OSX, you can get OpenEmu which is just plug and play.
>>
>>4043026
> do you want to play every game in one console?
Yes,also I don't wanna spend time setting up every one.
>>
>>4042943
For my android, I mainly use MyBoy and SNES9X for RPGSs n shiet
>>
>>4043037
>most emulators were so old
Not at all. Most emulators are very young and need a lot of hand holding. Oh, wait, you meant emulators as in the software not people who emulate. My bad.
>>
I just got into emulating again. Been a long time since I've done it. Hit me with your suggestions on what game to play. I'm too over saturated right now and can't make up my mind on which to play. Some classics or your personal favorites!
>>
BizHawk
RetroArch
MAME
Mednafen

BizHawk is probably the friendliest out of the box.
>>
>>4042943
Retroarch for 90% of systems up to gen 5. You're probably too dumb to use it though.
MAME for arcade and standalones for home computers.
>>
File: 1428609002695.png (9KB, 236x504px) Image search: [Google]
1428609002695.png
9KB, 236x504px
I really wish you guys would redirect anyone that starts these threads over to the freaking sticky some more.

'cuz that gives more of a detailed answer than any of us could fit into a single post.
>>
>>4044636
Cool, I'll check those out. I just downloaded dolphin yesterday. Been playing eternal darkness more lately but I'll give those a go.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.