[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best method of buffing scratches on a GBC screen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg (13KB, 220x299px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg
13KB, 220x299px
What's the best method of buffing scratches on a GBC screen?
>>
Displex polish, buy it on Amazon. Get the kind for plastic screens obviously, not the smart phone kind they have now.

I used it on a PSP that has a similar plastic layer above the screen, and I buffed it out easily. You REALLY have to buff the shit out of it though, but it can get pretty large scratches removed.
>>
Had no idea a product for this even existed. Thanks for starting the thread OP
>>
still have the same gameboy advance i got when i was like 6 or 7, sometime not long after it came out, and its got some cosmetic damage on it mainly some scratches on the screen so its nice to see someone started a thread about this. itd be nice to get it looking nice after the years of use.
>>
I heard you can use toothpaste on scratches. Any truth to that?
>>
A new screen lens is literally $2...
>>
>>4044369
I'm too much of a pussy to pry the lense open with a knife.
>>
>>4044349
No. Of course not. I mean think about it.
>>
>>4044349
Some types, but not nearly as effective as Displex. Be careful with Brasso or other polishes not intended for plastics; they can cause white stains or bubbles.
>>
>>4044424
Duh. You use toothpaste to fix that NES cart with all the dog chew marks that was posted a few days back. You know. Dog breath.
>>
>>4044376
Plastic spudger man. It wont scratch the casing like metal tools and takes less than a minute to use.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.