[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My favorite Mega Man entry is getting a rerelease along with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mm7 box.jpg (52KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
mm7 box.jpg
52KB, 640x447px
My favorite Mega Man entry is getting a rerelease along with some bad games (8, 9 and 10)

Which was your favorite to use: Protoman Shield or RUSH Armor?
>>
Why was it your favorite compared to the previous six (and X)?
>>
>>4041826
Shit happens, man.
>>
>>4041826
Well my first three Mega Man games are: MM4, MMX and MM7

While I have an appreciation for NES graphics, I always thought NES Mega Man was a fugly series of games. Mega Man X's anime styling was very appealing at the time for me, but I just overall liked the difficulty, graphics and music of MM7 more. If Mega Man X is Dragon Ball Z or Gundam Wing, then Mega Man 7 was like playing a Disney cartoon.

Then I eventually played all of them in the PS2 Anniversary Collection, and while I liked MM1-6, MM7 SNES is still my favorite.
>>
>>4041817
Seven is also my favorite, but 9 and 10 are good you philistine.
>>
>>4041937
I could never be a fan of Nostalgiabait Regression Garbage
>>
>>4041945
Kind of agree, It's heart breaking to see some games that are stuck in the past.

RIP Kunio.
>>
>>4041839
>MM4

I like you
>>
My affection for 7 is entirely influenced by early internet sprite comics
>>
>>4041817
I personally think that 7 is by far the worst "classic" Megaman there is. 9 and 10 are both better than 8.
>>
>>4041817
I fucking love MM7. The music, the backgrounds, the levels, the weapons. All of it's great and cozy.

Why don't people like this game?
>>
>>4041817
>Which was your favorite to use: Protoman Shield or RUSH Armor?

Rush Armor by far, although it's not as fun to use as MM6's armors, it's still good. However if you get the upgraded punch, it's WAY too OP.

The problem with the Protoman Shield is the small wait time when you get back to the shield frame, which completely bothers gameplay. It's not worth using because of that single flaw and because AFAIK it does nothing against bosses.

I love MM7, I've grown to love it more and more each time I play it, but some flaws really prevent it from being truly great
- the big scale of the game, in some cases it's impossible to see what's ahead and it becomes unfair. This is something that doesn't matter at all anymore once you know the game, so it's easy to forget, but it's there.
- the short invicibility frame time is uncanny, and again unfair, especially when you're used to other MM games which all have invicibility frame time twice as long as that
- the small delay where nothing happens when you start charging a shot, again talk about breaking the flaw of the gameplay
- special mention for Slash Man and Wily Capsule which middle names should be "bullshit" and "fuck you".
- finally the "hidden power ups" system make level selection very linear if you don't want to do too much backtracking. This was already the case in MM6, where you pretty much have to start with Plant Man and Flame Man, but it's made MUCH worse here.

>along with some bad games (8, 9 and 10)

Now you're just full of shit.
>>
Forgot to mention but some level design / enemy placement is just not very good, as in, you can just run very easily run past any enemy like you're talking a walk in the park. Shade Man stage is the best example of that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.