[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trouble playing retro games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
Recently I've started having trouble playing my retro video games. Any video games to be honest. I start playing and just get bored. I used to love Super Mario World and have 100% completed it but now I can't bring myself to really play it anymore. I started Link's Awakening, a game which I have never played and just recently got and was just too impatient to get into it. Is anyone else having this problem.
>>
Stray from genres you're comfortable in.
>>
>>4041395
Consider that maybe your problem is external not the game itself, go do some chores and other stuff enough to sit and get comfy playing your retro game without thinking about anything else.
>>
Ask yourself why you're playing retro games instead of modern games in the first place, and go from there.
>>
Take a break from video games. The brain enjoys new challenges. Start reading more, or pick up some other new hobby.
>>
>>4041395
You should go to >>>/adv/ for advice, frogposter. Not that it'll be much more useful considering anons are generally not helpful but it might be more suitable than asking this on a board for old electronic toys for autistic neckbeards who either circlejerk or shitpost to death.
>>
>>4041395
Yes. Every day.

I've been putting off playing Rhapsody: A musical adventure (picked it from off my shelf).

Getting started is the hardest part. Once I start it up, I can usually soldier on and beat it, even if it's not great.

I find that theres a few issues:
>backlog is too big, I'll never beat them all, defeatist, etc
>or decision paralysis and I can't choose, so I end up doing nothing
Easiest way to get around this is just to pick something and play it. I try and jump between genres so I'm not doing 10 JRPG's in a row and want to kill myself. I also like to line up a few favorites after a slew of games I may not like just so I have that kind of carrot on a stick

>You should be doing something productive instead
This is the worst thing now that I'm an adult.

Theres so much to do, that it becomes harder and harder to justify playing a game. I could be cleaning my place up, fixing something, doing some light reno's, and a slew of other chores that need to be done.

You can just force your way through it, or you can do something else and try getting into games later.

Just remember, theres a reason you see people shovelling off their old games. Some people just outgrow it.
>>
>>4041395
You need to be more productive in other areas of your life. That way, video games will feel like a nice, fun treat, not like a waste of time. I can't enjoy video games during periods of unemployment because of that constant nagging feeling that I need to be doing something more useful.
>>
>>4041395
I find I have too many video games to chose from, compared to as a kid, I was lucky to get a new game a month, besides renting them. Now, I have them all at my finger tips, fuck it.
>>
>>4041443
Shit son, most of us got a new game twice a year - for our birthday and Christmas.
>>
>>4041395
You need to up your meds and avoid frogfags.
>>
You're depressed. Probably for some bullshit reason considering you're frogposting.
>>
>>4041395
Git Gud.
>>
File: backlog.png (6KB, 1158x197px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.png
6KB, 1158x197px
>>4041420
>backlog is too big, I'll never beat them all, defeatist, etc
>or decision paralysis and I can't choose, so I end up doing nothing
I don't even buy games at launch.
>>
>>4041570
Yep. When the console crash happened it went up to 30 games a year.
>>
/r9k/ was a mistake. report.
>>
>>4041395
what ever you do anon, DONT play ultima online, DONT NOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>4041395
>old pasta about being a failure as an adult and your friends moved on with their lives and what not.jpg

its ok anon, you just gotta keep your mind busy, if its already late when you read this, drop your vr browsing and go read
https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/category/sleep-aid/
if you didnt fall asleep and in fact found the subject interesting, find the book on projectgutemberg to keep reading the next few days (do not instead go to wikipedia), before you know it you'll start reading more, and on the breaks you'll want to play silly 4th gen games and this time they will bring you joy for a while before youre drawn to the book again.... and then ill tell what comes next as soon as i find out
>>
>>4041414
This

and This too
>>4041428
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.