[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the bad sides/flaws of this game? I personally can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 006.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
5KB, 256x224px
What are the bad sides/flaws of this game? I personally can't see any, but I can't believe that it's a perfect game.
>>
>>4041342
Maybe if you played it you'd find out.
>>
No real characters

For an RPG, its really lacking in story that games like FF6, Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger were great at.
>>
>>4041356
I guess you're right, the characters didn't have much character
>>
>>4041342
It's a good game but you can't play it forever. It has an ending.
>>
>>4041342
It really has that retro feel...
>>
No diagonal movement.
>>
>>4041450
And that's bad because?
>>
I just thought of one when I was playing it a week ago but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
>>
Well...
The second half of the game is still good fun but feels directionless and mashed together compared to the first half.
Many of the items you find along the way are all but worthless outside of specific instances, or not really worth taking the time to use. Why bother using the magic coins, the invisible cape, or the magic rods if you don't have to? Why bother capturing and bringing a fairy when you'll get more out of potions? You have a bow but do you use it if you don't have to? Magic powder? If it wasn't the Hookshot, Boomerang, Bombs, or the Magic Hammer it might as well have not existed. You really only needed the Flute to access one dungeon, but at least you got a fast-travel out of it.
It's a mostly easy game with 2-3 difficult moments. People remember Moldorm being difficult because of the pits, Mothula because of the moving floor and flying spike blocks, and the 2nd Moldorm gives people issues. Other than that, even casuals don't have any challenge. It's rare finding a player who's played LttP and hasn't beaten it.
Limited number/types of enemies. Many are obvious recolors or reskins of other enemies. Outside of bosses, there are very few AI patterns you need to know. It's not like they lacked the space on the cartridge. But hey, gotta get that Zelda title out on the new system.

Those would be my complaints. 8/10, not quite the sequel to LoZ I was hoping for, but I liked it better than Adventures of Link(didn't hate it, but I wanted LoZ 2, not a side scroller).
>>
>>4041356
>For an RPG

But anyway, who gives a shit, focusing too much on the characters is what fucking killed the series, It's not like any of them are remotely interesting outside of the Wind Waker. I'm glad Breath of the Wild barely did any of that shit. Too bad all the kiddies are whining about the lack of character interaction though so it's proabably going to be a one and done thing.
>>
>>4041356
>Zelda
>RPG
It's an action-adventure through & through.
>>
Too easy
No sidequest
No good moments with side characters or interesting writing
>>
>>4041342
too fucking easy
meh soundtrack
>>
>>4041342
I personally thought the dungeon designs weren't up to snuff. They were good for the time, but Link's Awakening one-upped it pretty hard in terms of dungeon maps/puzzles.
>>
>>4041342
There will never be a better Zelda game.
>>
>>4041479
Nintendo Fun Club newsletter described Zelda as a mixture of arcade action and computer RPG.
>>
File: hank3.jpg (43KB, 303x427px) Image search: [Google]
hank3.jpg
43KB, 303x427px
>>4041342
When you catch a bee in a jar, it just lives forever. It should die after six months or so, but they never do!
>>
>>4041715

This, straying away from the non scrolling grid system was a mistake.
>>
>>4041789
The events in game only take one day.
>>
>>4041473
i honestly love posts like this
>>
I remember feeling cheated when I was told how to get into the dark version of the valley.

Shit was so unintuitive, I don't see how I could have gotten it from just exploring.

I had thought I would only be able to fly to areas I had already been to
>>
>>4041342

I think it's my favorite zelda game by far, but here's what I've kind of noticed over the years:

- While the first dungeons are great, they really start to go downhill in quality the further you go into the game. Not nearly as much polish as the first half.
- There is a lot of nonsensical stuff in this game that's hell for people who have never played it before. Things like the 1/2 magic curse or the item upgrade fairies really stumped friends of mine who played the game in modern times.
- The combat is adequate, but not exceptional. It's offset by fantastic enemy and boss design though.
- There's not much of a plot.
- Like every Zelda, a bunch of items are basically useless.

But these all essentially add up to nitpicks against one of the greatest games of all time.
>>
>>4041342
once you find everything, you have no reason to replay it other than just lean-back entertainment.

i suspect some of the dungeons give you the illusion they're more complex than they really are.
>>
>>4041815
There is no way link could actually get through all that happen in LTTP in 1 day.

Just by going by the scale in the manual, Hyrule is crazy big.
>>
I always fucking hated the combat. The sword feels like shit and the inability to attack diagonally really feels weird.
>>
I'm nitpicking but

It's too easy
It can be cryptic
The dark/light world is gimmicky
Useless items
Dying in later dungeons means buying the potions/preparing every time which is annoying
>>
>>4042313

This

You just end up swiping mindlessly and stunlocking enemies. The swoosh sound the sword make makes it feel like you're sweeping the floor with a broom
>>
Didn't use L and R buttons to scroll through items. Swimming was clunky. And like another poster said, once you've beaten it, there's really no incentive to go through it again.
>>
>>4041475
Nintendo actually declared a while ago that they would make new Zelda sequels more in line with BotW and Link Between Worlds so you might be lucky.

>>4041342
Not sure why you'd want us to give our nitpicks about this game but sure, have at it: I find that most bosses look uninspired. Even the first Zelda game had more who looked more original. I also dislike it that the dark world dungeons got more repetitive music than the one used in the light world. That one still sounds amazing to this day (oh and the cave one of course). compared to Zelda games after Ocarina of Time the characters don't er ... have any character and the story in LttP just keeps you hanging most of the time so it's outclaseed in that regard compared to Majora's Mask and later ones.
All in all, it's far from perfect but there's a reason many people like it and it's not solely bandwagoning. It's definitely the Zelda game I replayed the most.
>>
>>4041342
It introduced heart pieces to the series, aka the most boring sidequest/exploration reward.
>>
>>4042313
Yes. The shield is also completely fucking useless except for the 4 enemies in the game with projectiles
>>
>>4042258
Pegasus boots my man.

Also it was a joke, since day/night cycles only exist in 3D Zelda.
>>
>>4042360
>It can be cryptic

You might actually be somewhat ratarded if you think there's anything cryptic about ALTTP.
>>
>>4043740
Yes, ratarded indeed
>>
Everything after getting the Master Sword is a bland slog.
>>
>>4042195
This, ambiguity as game design is not my cup of tea. But then again people obviously like it so I just don't play Zelda games other than MM and OoT...
>>
>>4044263
Dude, I beat alttp without a guide and I'm far from being smart.
>>
>>4041342

its 10 times the game awkwarina of hype is
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.