[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Forces Unreal Engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Dark Forces Unreal.png (2MB, 1917x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Forces Unreal.png
2MB, 1917x1073px
The author of the Dark Forces custom level series "The Dark Tide" is working on an implementation of Dark Forces in Unreal Engine.

Proof of Concept Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PRV6n8sZ8&

Here's hoping it goes somewhere.
>>
I'm sure this will be finished and won't be another UE4 remake of a classic game that goes nowhere.
>>
you know, a simple DF1 remake in DF2 engine would suffice.
>>
>>4039868
That motion blur is absurd almost any slight movement sets it off.
>>
>not redoing the graphics
What an enormous waste of time.
>>
>>4040614
I'm sure they will at some point this just seems like a proof of concept right now. Though why they're doing this in the first place is beyond me.
>>
Why would anyone do that?

Half of what makes Dark Forces good is how cool the engine is.
>>
File: dark_forces_kilvader.png (50KB, 965x624px) Image search: [Google]
dark_forces_kilvader.png
50KB, 965x624px
>>4039868
This looks like a really stupid waste of time, but I guess it's an excuse to remind people that Dark Forces has some really cool community-made missions.

http://df-21.net/halloffame/

TIE Defender Base, Mt. Kurek, and Discovery at Ironfort are my favorites.
>>
>>4042065
whoa, what the hell happened to df-21? I see broken images and "Under Construction" pages everywhere. You can't even browse the missions properly.
>>
>>4042070
The website has passed through a couple webmasters over the years, and Lucius (The Dark XL guy) took over the hosting for a couple years. There was and issue with the Web-host, and the entire website was lost. Jont had a partial mirror, and has been slowly rebuilding the site from various sources.

All the important levels are uploaded, but many of the other downloads haven't bee re-uploaded.
>>
>>4040481
Did anything ever become of DarkXL?
>>
>>4040481
JED (Jedi Knight Editor) featured a Dark Forces to Jedi Knight level converter. Last time I tried it, it cut the levels into billions of triangles, as the Sith engine only supports Convex sectors.

Rebel Agent
https://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1900.shtml

This level took the original Secret Base from Dark Forces and expanded on it for Mysteries of the Sith.
>>
>>4040481
There isn't a Dark Forces remake on Jedi Academy?
>>
>>4040610
Ugh. My thought's exactly.
I can't watch this shit without getting triggered because of this shit.
I really dislike the unreal engine. It just seems to go way overboard with motion blur, bloom and all that shit.
>>
>>4042690
Since he released source code, some people made a few fixes for his buggy unfinished shit. Haven't played it myself, but some people say it's playable now.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.