[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Famicom cart converter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I bought pic realted and tried it on my toaster NES /w lockout chip disabled. Not a single game will work with it. What gives?
>>
>>4039846
boy am I glad I didn't buy one of those. hahaha

you are better off using one of the converters made by nintendo. some nes games used them in their carts to convert famicom games
>>
>>4039846
>playing weebshit on glorious american reaganomics box nes
>>
>>4039846
Are you putting the cartridges in the right way (label down)?
>>
>>4040003
This. Famicom carts have the PCBs flipped around so it's gonna need to go in a toaster label down.
>>
>>4039846
op, those wont work, those only work on some famiclones, you need a pcp with a cic chip installed to play on the original NES, search aliexress, you will find some, but they wont have a plastic case

hope it helped
>>
>>4040994

Did help. What exactly is the cic? I thought that if the lockout chip in the nes was disabled then I just needed a pass through device. Also, I have tried my famicom carts both label up and down
>>
>>4040994

Did help. What exactly is the cic? I thought that if the lockout chip in the nes was disabled then I just needed a pass through device. Also, I have tried my famicom carts both label up and down
>>
>>4041080
>>4041113
The CIC Is the lockout chip. I don't know what that anon's on about, but yes, if you disable the 10NES chip you should be able to use any adapter regardless of whether it has a CIC not. Maybe your adapter is defective? It looks like one of those cheap Chinese adapters so it's very possible.

I bought one of these not long ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Adaptor-Converter-Famicom-60-Pin-to-72-Pin-Compatible-With-NES-/332041921711?hash=item4d4f3da4af:g:29kAAOSwiDFYNdz4

It's served me very well so far. Even successfully modded it for Famicom expansion audio.
>>
>>4041171
do you still need to clip the 10NES with that adapter?
>>
flip it over with the game facing the other way.
>>
>>4041226
My 10NES chip has been clipped for a long time, so it's hard for me to say. Though on opening mine up to do the sound mod, I noticed it had some circuitry which looked like a 10NES zapping circuit, so I assume it probably isn't necessary.
>>
OP, I have an adapter just like yours and have two NES toasters, both with the 10NES chip clipped. I have had no issues playing famicom games in either one. You sure you clipped the right leg? Also do your regular NES games still work?
>>
>>4039846
This works fine on the top loader. Even modded it for expansion audio.
>>
>>4040994
>those wont work, those only work on some famiclones, you need a pcp with a cic chip installed to play on the original NES
What part of "with lockout chip disabled" did you not understand?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.