[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banjo Kazooie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: BKXBLA.jpg (1MB, 1920x1320px) Image search: [Google]
BKXBLA.jpg
1MB, 1920x1320px
Anybody else think Banjo Kazooie kinda sucks? I bought a copy of it just to have it but its just really boring
>>
My experience with B-K:
Bought it back then, didn't like the controls, I remember getting frustrated, I probably couldn't read the instructions well, my english was very bad when I was a kid.
I returned it and got SW Episode I Racer.
Then around 2008 I started buying old games (back when they were cheap and the collection craze wasn't at its peak yet), I got B-K, played it, found it okay but I still never finished it.
I also found the sounds a bit annoying, I especially remember one day I was playing alone at night, I was playing the snow level, and the sound the musical notes make when you collect them got so much into my nerves that I had to quit playing. And the level was plagued with these musical notes, even if I tried to avoid collecting them, they were everywhere.
Anyway, it's not really a bad game, I guess I just had a sour experience with it, in part due to my own incompetence (as a kid) and my lack of patience (the sounds as an adult).
But I still proggressed a lot, I think I got stuck in the horror themed stage.
Whats weird is that I liked DK64 and completed it at 101%
>>
>>4039778
I think the trick to enjoying B-K is to accept that it is a silly childish collect-a-thon
And speedrunning it
But maybe the only reason I don't hate this game is because I've had it since I was a baby and have the whole thing memorized

I could write you a guide
>>
Nah.
Honestly I've been tempted to buy a used Xbox one just so I could have Rare Replay and I probably wouldn't be playing any on it but Banjo and Conker, nor would I purchase any other games for the system.
>>
>I bought a copy of it just to have it
Yeesh. What a waste of money. Anyways I never liked B&K.
>>
>>4039806
>not wanting to play Blast Corps and JFG
Although I don't think the aiming in JFG would work as good on the Xbox controller as it did on the N64.
>>
>>4039778
I still love it personally, bought it on the Live arcade and it looks fantastic
>>
If you don't like the game's personality, there's nothing for you. It's an acceptable 3D platformer, with British cheekiness and an upbeat soundtrack. For BK in particular, if you're not interested by world 2 you might as well give up.
>>
I like it up to the desert world. It seems pretty samey after that. The beach level is really comfy tho
>>
>>4039778
it was pretty good if you were in the mood for something like mario 64 but not quite
>>
It's an imitation of SM64. A graphically and aurally well-polished one, but an imitation nonetheless.
>>
File: bottles.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bottles.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
HEIL HITLER
>>
>>4040787

Yeah. But also superior.
>>
>>4039778
I liked it during my first playthrough.

The humour was great, and it was pretty.

Just... no reason to play through it a second time.

The moveset is excessive, the need to farm items to use half of them is retarded, the platforming is mediocre at best, and the puzzles vary from pathetic to insultingly easy.

It's very noticeable that its development started as an ARPG, not a platformer. And it never quite got rid of that baggage.

Worth a playthrough, but no idea why anyone would want to play through it a second time. The actual gameplay is incredibly tedious.

Whereas Goemon's Great Adventure, Mario 64 and Rayman 2 all have incredible replay value.

Two of those even have humour that easily (out)matches BK, making them superior in every single respect.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.