[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GEH LEDDY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: obscure-chasers.png (77KB, 1152x672px) Image search: [Google]
obscure-chasers.png
77KB, 1152x672px
GEH LEDDY
>>
File: vampire1430908589545.jpg (237KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vampire1430908589545.jpg
237KB, 1000x1000px
i'm lady
>>
Get Reddit.
>>
I had FIRST ATTACK as my text notification for a long time.
>>
YESSS
>>
MONSTER
>>
File: Morrigan1.png (4KB, 218x145px) Image search: [Google]
Morrigan1.png
4KB, 218x145px
GOLD FISH
>>
File: SSF2TNC-Cammy_Unused3[1].png (3KB, 144x96px) Image search: [Google]
SSF2TNC-Cammy_Unused3[1].png
3KB, 144x96px
The switch to a line-based cel-shaded sprite style for Darkstalkers happened because during the older, gradient-shaded sprite era higher ups saw WIP sprites similar to this and said "These look fine! Why don't you just make the sprites like this? It would save tons of time and money!" Lead spriter Akiman replied "Well, that guy's WIP sprites look okay because he's just a really good artist." The older sprite style didn't require as much skill, as you could sort of cheat your way into something that looked half-decent. So when the higher-ups officially demanded "You're going to do cel-shaded sprites for the next project," Akiman faced a dilemma because suddenly all the spriters had to really up their figure drawing skills. The new style also actually ended up taking more time and effort than the old one, because the focus on lineart required lots of fine detail work to make things look smooth. Also in order to not make the sudden loss of shading not just look like a massive downgrade, the amount of animation had to be greatly increased.

So in short what was supposed to be some cost-cutting executive meddling actually spurred great advancement in Capcom's spriters' craft and led to all the memorable spritework seen in everything from Street Fighter Alpha to Marvel and finally culminating in Street Fighter 3.
>>
>>4039745
And then it was all for nought once 6th gen rolled in and with it the death of arcades and 2D fighters.
>>
File: RikuoAnimation.gif (11KB, 129x105px) Image search: [Google]
RikuoAnimation.gif
11KB, 129x105px
*angry fish noises*
>>
>when u nutted but she still suckin
>>
>>4039745
>Akiman faced a dilemma because suddenly all the spriters had to really up their figure drawing skills.
And that's why they did this amazing book on anatomy and styling.
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131606
Gods among men. It's a shame games nowadays look so bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 300x219px
>>4039794
>http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131606
Am I.... Am I supposed to copy the drawings?
>>
>>4039745
>>4039794
I've read several times that they had some kind of software to automatically create crisp pixel-art type lines from scanned animation drawings, but it does sound like uninformed magazine BS (such a technique would be common today if it was available back then). Can somebody confirm or deny either way?
>>
File: 187b.jpg (304KB, 1221x1509px) Image search: [Google]
187b.jpg
304KB, 1221x1509px
>>4040594
They did scan drawings, but there was certainly no automated process to turn them into clean pixel art. You can find sprites in various stages of development buried in the data of different Capcom games if you look hard enough, and it's pretty clear that the scanned drawings were basically just a guideline to be spirited over pixel-by-pixel the old fashioned way.
>>
>>4039764
>still made MVC2 and CVS2 in that time period with that sprite style
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.