[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

that one system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Mega-Drive-and-Super-Nintendo.jpg (36KB, 695x391px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Drive-and-Super-Nintendo.jpg
36KB, 695x391px
Anyone else have that one system where your a complete purist about playing the games on original hardware

But is totally fine emulating other systems?
>>
>>4038980
No. I care about playing games, not impressing whiny manlets.
>>
Real hardware can go fuck itself, I'd emulate everything emulating past gen 4 wasn't total horse shit, excluding GBA.
>>
>>4038980
I love real hardware for the nostalgic value but I'm not delusional about the differences between real hardware and emulation. A lot of emulators are so good that you'd never notice the difference. I use emulators most of the time because they're much more convenient, but I enjoy real hardware for consoles with poor emulation, or when I just wanna get cozy.
>>
The contrary for me.

I'll emulate anything that's on a portable.

Fuck those tiny ass screens, shitty speakers and uncomfortable setup you have to make even more uncomfortable just because you can't see shit on the screen unless you're in some bizarre position.

DS emulation with a PS1 pad and a mouse for the occasional stylus use, on a 24" screen set in portrait mode.
>>
I like how things look on a CRT and happen to still own my old systems. otherwise I'd emulate.
>>
>>4038980
>one system
No. I enjoy playing games on more than one system where emulation is shit.
>>
>>4038980
I'm fine with emulating the systems and games I don't have. I should really just get a few flashcarts and mod my PS1, honestly.
>>
>>4040357
>I should really just get a few flashcarts and spend $0.50 and learn how to solder
You should
>>
>>4038980
Used to, it was the system(s) I had and had games I wanted to play on and/or mods/flashcarts for.

Then I got pretty much everything I ever wanted and emulation got better. Now I'm totally fine emulating anything and only play on real hardware when I'm seriously committed to a particular title.
>>
N64 is hardware only for me.
Same with Saturn and SNES, although I've emulated SNES games before, some are just too expensive and I don't have a flashcart.
My Genesis broke so I only play Genesis on the PSP, it semulation is very decent (unlike SNES).
On PSP I also emulate Famicom/NES and MSX.
>>
N64 and Saturn I keep around because emulation isn't up to par, my Mega Drive I keep around because I just like it too much.
>>
>>4041186
You're missing out on a lot that doesn't emulate well or at all.
>>
>>4041962
Such as?
>>
>>4042003
N64?
>>
>>4038980
I only find it acceptable to emulate Wii or GameCube. Dolphin is such a good emulator, especially nowadays.
>>
>>4038980
Genesis
>>
File: somethingsomethingautism.png (22KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
somethingsomethingautism.png
22KB, 600x619px
Is this purism or am I just an autist?
>>
>>4042978
or your an idiot
>>
>>4042978
Why are you paying that much?
>>
>>4042978
KEK
>>
>>4039190

I feel the same way. When it comes to home consoles like the S/NES, N64, etc, nothing will ever beat playing the original hardware.

However I emulate GBA/C and DS games because the original hardware isn't worth it.
>>
>>4043039
Kind of an ironic thing to say for a person that can't differentiate between "your" and "you're"
>>4043039
Eh, since I know Kevtris makes some high quality stuff and I also wanted something that can play GB and GBC without any BS like the GB Player, I caved in and preordered an NT mini.
>>4043063
Easy ways to farm (You)'s, isn't it?
>>
>>4042978
tardtism
>>
>>4042978
Are you retarded?
>>
>>4038980
Emulating is the most poorfag shit ever
If u gonna be a consolefag just play on the real thing (tm)
>>
>>4042978
86 dollar shipping? shipping a air conditioner is cheaper then that.
>>
>>4044252
Well, it's going from the US to Europe but yeah, even then it's pretty steep on the shipping cost.
In the end I still want that thing though so fuck me, I guess.
>>
I emulate only fan translations.
>>
File: IMG_5240.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5240.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
PurestFag here, I play on a saturn a n64 a snes a ps1 and emulate a load of shit on my pc and wii :) but i must admit i love owning snes titles
>>
i've been thinking of using my wii with VC and emulators on my crt. since it has 240p option for VC i figure it'd look nice , paired with component cables.

any of you guys do this?
>>
File: Scenario_2_cover_art.png (639KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Scenario_2_cover_art.png
639KB, 500x700px
>>4038980
Saturn because emulation sucks
>>
>>4046443

I do this for N64 games mainly. I ususally have no problem playing retro on my LCD, but the input lag for N64 is horrific. So I keep an older TV around with my old Wii hooked up for that.
>>
>>4042804
>>4041962
If I get into an N64 game and it doesn't emulate well I play it on my N64, like with Castlevania for example. I guess I miss out on games that don't emulate at all playably since I don't get to sample them whatsoever like... Shadowgate? Is Shadowgate 64 any good? Sometimes I want to play MACE too because I played it in the arcade. I should probably get an N64 EverDrive they're getting pretty cheap.
>>
>>4046475
You can always learn about games through youtube like the rest of the kids. Shadowgate is pretty good. Aren't chink EDs like $40 or something now?
>>
>>4046475
Yes get mace dude its awesome, graphics aren't quiet as good as the arcade but its still bad ass I bought that one recently too because I had played it in the arcade as a kid. Shadowgate 64 is also pretty fun, its just like the old school games but from a first person perspective instead I haven't played too far into it yet cause I got playing other stuff but what I did play I enjoyed it had good atmosphere.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.