[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spyro thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: mistybogremixstartsplaying.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mistybogremixstartsplaying.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
Discuss everything about the original PS1 Spyro trilogy made by Insominac.

>Favourite game?
>Favourite track?
>Favourite homeworld?
>Favourite world?
>Favourite skybox?
>Favourite boss?
>Favourite character?

And more.
>>
Previous thread:

>>3949223
>>
It's not that great anon. I won't go into details talking about it, just know that it's a somewhat unique game in a time where mascots were still alive and thriving.
>>
File: 1494883233641.png (1MB, 1023x570px) Image search: [Google]
1494883233641.png
1MB, 1023x570px
Wish I had a buddy to play spyro with
>>
>>4035267
Playing Spyro with a buddy is the best, I've got a friend that I 100% one of the games with every so often. they just lend themselves really well to passing off by level and burning through in a single sitting.
>>
Ripto's Rage had the best and most aesthetic homeworlds and memorable levels/inhabitants. Always remembered how the series loved throwing in a couple mini games here and there that were harder than anything else ever.
>>
File: treetops.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
treetops.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>4036464
I understand the love for RR, but the first one still tops the others in terms of atmosphere for me. This shot is almost perfect.
>>
File: skybox_43.png (692KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skybox_43.png
692KB, 1920x1080px
>Favourite game
The original for it's comfiness and relaxed atmosphere. Also no hit and miss minigames.

>Favourite track
Dark Hollow easily https://youtu.be/8LkB4j5hYiw

>Favourite homeworld
Autumn Plains is ultra comfy and that music is fantastic as well

>Favourite world
Cliff Town

>Favourite skybox
pic related

>Favourite boss
Spyro bosses are usually the worst part of the games, but I guess I'll pick Dr. Shemp becauee he looked goofy.

>Favourite character
the little sheep that you slaughter to get your health back

also here's a link containing every skybox from the games that an anon shared a few threads back: http://imgur.com/a/c3Nue
>>
>>4035259

>Favourite game?
The first one for it's solitary and fairytale-like atmosphere. It also has the best overall levels and soundtrack. Spyro 3 has some of my favourite parts in the trilogy but it's overall quality is worse than 1. I don't really like 2 that much but it's pretty fun to mess around with the glitches.

>Favourite track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9OpVPBr07I

>Favourite homeworld?
Evening Lake. I like how it feels pretty compact and takes more advantage of vertical space compared to the other homeworlds. The swimming whale is also a nice touch.

>Favourite world?
Desert Ruins

>Favourite skybox?
I can't decide, I think they all look great.

>Favourite boss?
Spike since he is the most challenging IMO.

>Favourite character?
I don't really like any character for their personality but probably Moneybags because I like his voiceacting in 3.
>>
File: 1493311667605.gif (538KB, 519x608px) Image search: [Google]
1493311667605.gif
538KB, 519x608px
Aw hell yeah nigga

>Favourite game?
Ripto's Rage will always be my favorite PS1 game. I don't think there was any game I played more as a kid. I thought Spyro 3 was amazing as a kid, but after replaying both games recently, Spyro 3 just wasn't very engaging. I decided to quit after reaching Midnight Mountain. I never actually owned Spyro 1, so I don't remember it very well.

>Favourite track?
Oh man. For Spyro 2, it's a three way tie between Robotica Farms, Magma Cone, and Skelos Badlands. For Spyro 3, Fireworks Factory.

>Favourite homeworld?
Autumn Plains

>Favourite world?
Skelos Badlands

>Favourite skybox?
Unironically Hurricos

>Favourite boss?
Buzz. The atmosphere made it seem you were thick in the shit, even though it was a pretty easy fight.

>Favourite character?
None of the characters in particular stand out to me. Though I can appreciate Moneybags solely by how much of a cunt he is. I want to fuck the fawns in Fracture Hills.
>>
File: 1494883073027.png (1MB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1494883073027.png
1MB, 1024x575px
>>
>>4035259
>Favourite game?

>Favourite track?
Ice Cavern

>Favourite homeworld?
Magic Crafters

>Favourite world?
Ice Cavern

>Favourite skybox?
Dark Passage

>Favourite boss?
They're all pretty shit desu. Dr. Shemp I guess.

>Favourite character?
None.
>>
>>4035259
>Favourite game?
Spyro 2
>Favourite track?
Hurricos, Autumn Plains.
>Favourite homeworld?
Autumn Plains
>Favourite world?
Cloud Temples
>Favourite skybox?
I've never paid attention to these.
>Favourite boss?
None. They're all kinda shit.
>Favourite character?
Moneybags
>>
File: Untitled.png (46KB, 477x230px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46KB, 477x230px
Here's the Spyro 1-3 Soundtracks in LOSSLESS FLAC for my reptilian bretheren:

Fully tagged, covers embedded, all PAL/alternative versions of tracks.

Spyro the Dragon - mega.nz/#!AhM1zZAB!RFhucqLXz3M80oC12psIs8D7TcmrzQ1kq_bnummpLaM
Spyro Gateway to Glimmer - mega.nz/#!U88yCZYI!8IWZzAwTahyj9GuxAjlhv2VcICI2_rYttFibDTTBuNo
Spyro Year of the Dragon - mega.nz/#!Bg103ZYR!z--25whN1Nf7aBFN53Mlwg1z3St6B59GQWH0STQ9jyY
>>
>>4038780
>flac
How?
>>
>>4038832
Rip the PSF files, convert them to FLAC? It's Missingno's rip, which has circulated around ffshrine and emuparadise quite a while. However I added cover art and fixed the album naming (title presuppositions like "the" and "to" were capitalised, which is wrong it matters).
>>
File: 1471377923503.jpg (17KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1471377923503.jpg
17KB, 460x423px
Was Spyro the only dragon child? How come in Spyro 1 he never stumbles upon another dragon his age?
>>
>>4036638
Fucking thankyou! Good man
>>
>>4039948
Well how many female dragons do you think are there going around in the world of Spyro eh? There's literally zero. All the dragons you free are males. Which begs the question as to where all the eggs from the various games came from.

The only female reptilian in the trilogy is the Sorceress from Spyro 3, who is a wingless 'Dinopotamus' that cannot fly. Which now what I think about it seems like it could be quite suggestive of Spyro's origins...
>>
>>4036638
favorite stage

I could just run around forever.
>>
File: 1494199528842.png (188KB, 474x318px) Image search: [Google]
1494199528842.png
188KB, 474x318px
>>4039979
>Which now what I think about it seems like it could be quite suggestive of Spyro's origins...
>>
>>4035259
>Favourite game?
Original, no contest.
>Favourite track?
Lofty Castle.
>Favourite homeworld?
Autumn Plains.
>Favourite world?
Dark Passage.
>Favourite boss?
2 Ripto.
>Favourite character?
Spyro.
>>
File: 156 - X91KJZp.png (850KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
156 - X91KJZp.png
850KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Post pure kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93sm6e69yY
>>
>>4035259
>>Favourite game?
unpopular opinion but 3
played it the most growing up I actually like the shelia and bently just wished it had the fireball at the end like 2
>>Favourite track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9giHzLpfs underrated
>>Favourite homeworld?
magic crafters
>>Favourite world?
Dark Hollow
>>Favourite skybox?
Cliff Town
>>Favourite boss?
Buzz
>>Favourite character?
Shelia
>>
File: Twilightharbor.jpg (80KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Twilightharbor.jpg
80KB, 448x252px
Alright let's try this.
>Favourite game?
I like the games in order of appearance, 1 > 2 > 3.
>Favourite track?
I'm not sure, same here I prefer the soundtracks in order of the games, Stewart Copeland did a wonderful job on the Spyro 1 soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdXPNcvVJc
>Favourite homeworld?
Autumn plains was sweet, really had a fun time exploring that area and reaching the roof was wonderful.
>Favourite world?
Cliff Town, really made me appreciate the way the games handled faraway objects and the music was okay too.
>Favourite skybox?
Don't really have anything in particular.
>Favourite boss?
Gulp from spyro 2 was fun, sadly Spyro 1 lacks a bit when it comes to bosses.
>Favourite character?

Spyro 1 had some fun little things that didn't appear later on, like those rotary chests that could be used to hit enemies with and those running slopes which could be difficult but were a lot of fun.
I'm not so fond of minigames, would've liked it if the focus was more on exploring with these games.
>>
>>4038085
>Unironically Hurricos

I never paid much attention to it, but I get the idea that Hurricos has somewhat of a meme status among Spyro fans. Is it because it's bad or good? I'm not a huge fan of the level myself, but that's beside the point.
>>
Spyro is a shit game for furries.
>>
>>4040902
Say what you will about the level, but the overall atmosphere of it is comfy as fuck imo.
>>
>>4039979
>>4040027
Maybe the dragons are hermaphrodites?
>>
>>4041157
That orb finding minigame with the purple guys and the alarm always scared the shit out of me.
But I liked the atmosphere, that worked well.
>>
File: 1495412481300.png (233KB, 644x620px) Image search: [Google]
1495412481300.png
233KB, 644x620px
>>4041161
>>
>>4040918
no u
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.