[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this single-handedly save the N64 memory expansion pak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: perfectdark-box-front.jpg (56KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
perfectdark-box-front.jpg
56KB, 640x443px
Did this single-handedly save the N64 memory expansion pak?
>>
File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30KB, 382x260px
No, there is another
>>
I would imagine more people bought the ram pack for Majora's Mask.
>>
Having an N64 but no expansion pak is like having toast but no butter.
>>
The question you're looking for here is:

How many units of Perfect Dark were sold and how many Paks were sold before and after Perfect's release.

Pretty simple, really.
>>
>>4035194
>included with the game
>PD makes you buy it separately

hmm
>>
>>4035208
It's so that if you've already bought DK64 youdon't end up with two. Plus it would keep the price down.
>>
>>4035194
My favorite thing is the reason this game came with an expansion pack is because rare said fuck it and didn't want to postpone the game's release. The game had a game breaking bug no one at rare could fix, they found that with an expansion pack the bug wouldn't occur so they said fuck it and gave one with every copy of the game saying the game required it to run.
>>
>>4035201
This. That is why I bought mine. I never even owned PD or DK64 back in the day.
>>
>>4035201
This is kinda true in my case.
Got Perfect Dark before I got Majora's Mask. Perfect Dark was playable to some degree without an expansion pak, but playing Majora's Mask was just not possible without one. That convinced my parents to buy an expansion pak for me.
>>
>>4035194
DK64 required it for a stupid reason, though.
>>
I got mine for Majora's mask.
>>
>>4035189
Majoras mask but PD is probably a close second
>>
>>4036378
explain?
>>
>>4037159
Some years ago ex-Rare staff said that they needed the extra RAM or else the game would crash or glitch, or something like that.
I still do think they utilized the extra RAM to make these lighting particle effects though.
>>
>>4037159
The game kept crashing without it and they couldn't figure out why so they just sent out copies of the game with the memory expansion included
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.