[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone remade Mother 1 into SNES 16 bit style?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Has anyone remade Mother 1 into SNES 16 bit style?
>>
>>4035001
http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/01/mother-remake-hack-overworld-finished/

idk if it's finished or if it ever will be
>>
>>4035001
Ever heard of Earthbound?
>>
>>4035134
that's mother 2 dumb dumb
>>
>>4035098
It's nearly complete. Last time I have checked they have been working on fixing and adding smaller things but most of the game has been finished.
>>
>>4035098
>2013

>>4035248
got a link to their site?
Do you know if they are also touching hte music
>>
>>4035001

Many have tried but all have failed.
>>
>>4035170

I think he was joking because MOTHER 1 doesn't have much going for it that hasn't been done in MOTHER 2.
>>
>>4035535
I dont remember riding a tank in M2 or haivng a robot that fights for you or liberating your dead grandmother from a subconscious prison or optional party members or bread crumbs or equipped equipment not taking inventory space or an actual love confession that you can choose how to reply to.

M1 shits all over M2 fight me
>>
>>4036985
>optional party members
What about Flying Man and your dog?
>>
>>4035535
you mean the opposite
>>
>>4036985
>>4037024
Mother 1 feels like a unfinished prototype of Mother 2, some of the same ideas used in Mother 2 are there, but the execution is not all that good. Seriously, the best part of the Mother series is things like dialogues with random npcs, bizarre items, comical events, the story and things like "a rpg in a modern setting", in Mother 1 you don't really get the urban feeling quite right, everything is the same green with trees (which Mother 3 did far better and with more variety), story is non-existent for most part of the game with exception of a few spots, some people can say "but the game is less linear" but really? If I wanted a solid classic rpg gameplay in 8-bits I would play something like Dragon Quest 3 instead, which is far better gameplay-wise.

tl;dr: Mother 1 is not good because it lacks what makes Mother 2 and 3 worth playing/interesting.
>>
File: stalmanlgr.jpg (13KB, 322x451px) Image search: [Google]
stalmanlgr.jpg
13KB, 322x451px
>not playing it as the developers originally intended
>>
>>4037120
>playing it as the developers intended
FUCK YOU I DON'T TO WHAT YOU TELL ME
>>
>>4035474
https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Community/PKHack/Mother-Remake

And yes, they do.
>>
File: zach_de_la_rocha_by_dunezx.jpg (121KB, 639x864px) Image search: [Google]
zach_de_la_rocha_by_dunezx.jpg
121KB, 639x864px
>>4037463
>>
>>4037118
> Newfag doesn't know how NES works
>Compares game to sequel on new console

Kill yourself now
>>
>>4037118
M1 is my favorite in the series
2 and 3 have a lot of pointless stuff
>>
>>4037502
I did said that DQ3 (NES) was a good game, which implies that I played and enjoyed that game, it's not a matter with the system, just the game itself.

>>4037518
The ""pointless"" stuff is the heart of the series, M1 has neither gameplay or fun characters/story, saying that it's the best one is the epitome of being a hipster that can only enjoy "underrated" stuff.
>>
>>4037543
M1 had the best gameplay and characters
>>
File: 1494910305477.jpg (352KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494910305477.jpg
352KB, 900x675px
>>4038789
>M1
>best gameplay
I fucking love M1 but you don't need to lie.
>>
>>4038794
I can see where he's coming from. The endgame battles in M1 are pretty intense, especially the higher Mt Itoi encounters.

The rolling HP keeps things from getting too silly in the later games.
>>
just finished the mother series. What should I play now?
>>
>>4039170
For retro try the DQ series. I got into DQ after hearing it was like mother and loved it.

Not retro but in terms of "earthbound clones" the only one I found to be pretty good was lisa the painful. It feels inspired by mother and keeps its charm but still does its own thing. Not perfect but I liked it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.