[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ludicrous prices, MUH HIDDEN GEMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Sem título.png (470KB, 1264x490px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
470KB, 1264x490px
So, I always hear on /vr/ about how it only takes one review to make the prices for these things to explode way beyond real value.Thing is, as someone not really concerned with youtubers and such, who makes these reviews? Can anyone actually point out who was responsible for the ludicrous prices for things like pc-engine magical chase, hagane and adventures of little ralph?
>>
>>4034545
Search by most viewed, there you go. Sometimes the smaller collector circles get fucked by just one review.

Extremely rare to have games naturally go up in price.
>>
>>4034545
Magical chase was always slightly uncommon, and that's for a system that is already a boutique collector's scene. tg16 has been pricey for a while and everyone knew it would be.

Hagane was also slightly expensive. the people looking for it knew that it was exclusive to a specific retailer. Mike made a video that praised the fuck out of it though and other youtubers followed suit.

I feel that the above two examples along with Flintstones,while not reasonable in price are pretty easily explainable.

what's more annoying is the amount of $20+ NES games, the amount of $35+ SNES games (also super metroid sells for like 50? what the fuck?) and the RPG tax on every retro jrpg aside from dw1
>>
>>4034552
Too clarify the last statement. I mean games going up drastically in price. Not a slow curve upwards.
>>
>>4034545
If you really cared about games, you'd either
a) pirate or emulate it
b) get the cheaper gbc port
>>
>>4034558
already emulated the hell and back out of it anon, I was just curious for which youtubers have market altering powers.
>>4034553
>Mike
Mike who?
I do get tg16 being expensive, and maybe hagane... The thing with retro jrpgs probably has to do with them getting more popular outside of japan after fifth gen, and people wanting to experience the taste they were too immature to savor in their childhood because they wanted jumpy shooty games
>>4034552
>>4034557
guess that's the obvious way, wonder why i didn't think of it.
>>
I used to play a game. Take a random youtube e-celeb who makes money off the whole "HIDDEN GEMS" bs, and find out what game they recommended for an episode. Check the date. Go to vgpc, and look up the game. Notice a jump in price after the review? You'd be surprised how many of these e-celebs are responsible for common games being over $20 these days.
>>
>>4035140
I've checked a number of games and didn't find that correlation. An actual examples of this actually happening or just parroting?
>>
I just emulate. I dont see point anymore.
>>
>>4035352
>Surely no anon can be this incompetent
>look up popular e-celebs
>James and Mike, ok
>Mega Man 2, Dec 2014
>go to vgpc
>look up Mega Man 2
>was varying around $20-25 prior to Dec 2014, after the ep it went up to $30 and stayed there for a year
It doesn't happen with every single game, but the majority that get favorable reviews from e-celebs do go up in price.
>>
>>4035367
he's a beaner, don't expect much.
>>
>>4035367
>game steadily rising in for price for years has small "jump"
>check other games
>no correlation
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.