[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Robot Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Would this series have been popular in the west if properly advertised?
Mazinger was a huge deal in the west back then, maybe Gundam wasn't very well known here until the 90s.
>>
>>4034359
It isn't the advertisement, it's the studios stateside that would bitch and argue over the revenue made from the games. That is why you do not see anything other than the GBA OG games.
>>
>>4034359
>Mazinger was a huge deal in the west back then
Is this outside of the U.S.? I've never met another person who knew anything about it. Also licensing hell is what kept the series from coming state side. Plus lets be honest it just doesn't have the same draw it has in Japan. These character just don't mean as much to people outside Japan.
>>
File: Mazinguer-Z.jpg (166KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Mazinguer-Z.jpg
166KB, 500x667px
>>4034392
>Is this outside of the U.S.?
Yes, in Spain there is a famous Mazinger statue.
Latin America also had a huge Mazinger boom in the 80s.
I thought it caught on in the US, kinda like Robotech or Voltron, weird.

And yeah I guess you guys are right about licensing hell.
>>
Maybe in Romance language areas but I'm not sure how popular tactic games were there.
>>
>>4034392
dunno how popular it was, but there were two dubs from back when.
one produced in honolulu that was faithful to the show, and an actual U.S. made one called tranzor Z that was hot localized garbage.
>>
>>4034584
the first one is where this came from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3g-d5BO1M
>>
That Famicom SRW game is hard as fuck.
>>
>>4035980

The games were all pretty challenging until the PS2 and DS ones IMO. SRW 3 forced me to give up after only a couple maps.
>>
>>4036025
Eh, i havn't played that many but I gotta say the main series got super easy at Alpha on the PS1. Alpha 1 is quite possibly the easiest.
>>
>>4035980
Really? I thought it was the easiest SRW (with J being the next) because ranged weapons was broken. Now 64 on the other hand, fuck that 7 dummy or whatever crap.
>>
How do I git gud at the older games
I've played most of them, but i've only finished alpha Gaiden and on.
>>
They're also tactital games at their most simplistic.
Feel like they could make better games if they cut off the battle animations and voice acting, alot of the voice actors are old and dying so it's not substantial to insist on keeping certain shows in and stop using certain shows because the voices actors are dead. Maybe they could replace the animations small on map animations.
>>
>>4037434
For a blind playthrough, just keep using each unit's special skills during battles, using hirameki is always useful when you're within enemy range. Don't forget to upgrade not only units, but attack commands too.
Otherwise you can check guides to get the most OP units, I guess.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.