[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Azure Dreams is one of my favorite games of all time will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: azure4.jpg (59KB, 374x414px) Image search: [Google]
azure4.jpg
59KB, 374x414px
If Azure Dreams is one of my favorite games of all time will I probably enjoy the Shiren the Wanderer games? I'm in the mood for some dungeon crawling

The other games I was considering would be the Evolution games on Dreamcast
>>
>>4033726
the answer is yes though the town building isn't there the dungeon is basically designed much better.

you might enjoy dark cloud more
>>
>>4033726
evolution is kind of grindy, and has a lot of battles, be forewarned
>>
>>4033737
I know it's not technically retro but is the Vita version of Shiren the best version? I know it's a remake of one of the old Super Famicom games
>>
>>4033726
You might want to try rouge-like PC games like Powder.
>>
>>4033745
It looks interesting but maybe a little bland? Part of why I love Azure Dreams is the presentation of the world. From what I can see Shiren looks like it has similar aesthetics
>>
>>4033743
all the versions of shiren are good

the Super Famicom version is fine and you'll be fully willing to try one of the others like a year from now even if you beat it

also try chocobo's dungeon 2 it's great
>>
>>4033774
Chocobo Dungeon was actually what lead me to buy Azure Dreams back in the day since I enjoyed the gameplay so much and wanted to scratch the itch.
>>
>>4033726
Time Stalkers is the best retro JRPG/roguelike hybrid.
>>
File: shiren.png (325KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
shiren.png
325KB, 768x576px
>>4033745
POWDER was made for GBA originally, it's meant to be played handheld.

Shiren the Wanderer is amazing, but pretty hard. The SF version is the most challenging normal game, but DS version has extra dungeons. DOn't know about the Vita version. A little bit of progression and story, just enough to make all those failed attempts feel like they're worth something.
>>
>>4033743
>>4034385
Vita game isn't a version of original Shiren for SFC, it's a port of one of the sequels from DS.
>>
Try Lufia 2's Ancient Cave!

Don't forget to get the Frue Lufia patch. It fixes a bunch of bugs and dialogue errors: http://www.lufiaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1386140
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.