[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A link to the Past SNES vs GBA thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

A link to the Past SNES vs GBA thread
>>
SNES has a better resolution, better sound, better color saturation, doesn't have the voices, and has more buttons.

SNES is better.
>>
>>4032486

I could not tolerate any SNES ports to GBA because the colors were always washed out with the music being inferior.
>>
>>4032493
>>4032491
Just make the GBA colours richer with a filter.
>>
>>4032659

Does not make up for the abomination that is GBA's sound chip.
>>
>>4032486
I'd like to see a color comparison of both. I don't think the gba looks bad.
>>
>>4032669
>Does not make up for the abomination that is GBA's sound chip.
It doesn't have one.
>>
>>4032486
GBA's screen is so narrower to contain a smallest room in one screen.
i prefer SNES.
>>
One of them had fucking purple hair Link.
>>
If you have to modify the GBA version to be more like the SNES original so that it will be good, then... play the fucking SNES original you brain donor.
>>
>>4032779
It actually has the original GB sound chip in it and it can be accessed by GBA software. And while you might not consider the sample playback hardware a 'sound chip', the machine is indeed capable of producing sound in a similar way to the SNES, albeit at a significantly lower quality.
>>
>>4032951
but muh bonus dungeon
>>
>>4032491
You forgot that the SNES doesn't insult your intelligence, unlike the GBA's Ice Temple.
>>
>>4032493
SMA4 didn't had washed colors.
>>
>>4032789
Both of them actually.
>>
>>4032493

I could handle the colors, but the fucked up Sound drives me fucking bananas.

Which sucks because it feels like the ports had some great offerings if you added the color fixing and voice removal patches people have made for them.
>>
File: 344227591.png (123KB, 570x566px) Image search: [Google]
344227591.png
123KB, 570x566px
>>4032789
It was Pink and that was a good thing.
>>
>>4033505
would it be possible to do something like the MSU-1 for the GBA?
>>
>>4033127
I forget, what did the GBA's Ice Palace change?

I'd assume it has to do with the block push that stumped idiots because it required lateral thinking.
>>
>>4032493
A Link to the Past has a brightness setting, if you set it to dark, it's similar to the Super Famicom version.

Also, Super Famicom is still the best version.
>>
>>4032486
I wish there was a version of Link's Awakening with ALttP graphics
>>
>>4036190
There was an April Fools prank on VGmaps which was an overworld map for a Link's Awakening Game Boy Advance remake which doesn't exist.
It used graphics from A Link to the Past and The Minish Cap.
It was an obvious joke but I think it's also a great idea to defictionalize it.

I wish there was a ROM hack for The Minish Cap which was turns it into a remake of Link's Awakening while using many graphics from A Link to the Past.
>>
>>4032659
Poorfag emulation abomination detected
>>
>>4036190
>>4036217
You probably already know this but just in case you don't: Link's Awakening started out life as pet project demo of what a ALttP port would look like on the GB.

DESU I'm glad the GB had some many series releases that were completely new games rather than just ports to an under powered system.

Having said that though I bought the GBA port of ALttP day one, as I never had a SNES as a kid. My family went NES -> Sega, but I thought the game looked so good that I didn't mind going over my friends house and watching him play. Dude never let me play his games.
>>
>>4036252
I knew that Link's Awakening started out as a port of A Link to the Past for Game Boy but was later made into it's own game.

Also, the Oracle Series was originally going to be a remake of The Legend of Zelda I: The Hyrule Fantasy (Zelda I was called The Hyrule Fantasy in Japan) but was later made into it's own thing and was split into two linked (no pun intended) games.
>>
I realized what LttP was missing all along was a sound clip of Young Link screaming each time you swung the sword.
>>
>>4036190

I wish for the opposite, ALTTP is pretty fuckin' ugly, I don't get why we haven't had an "ALTTP Redrawn" romhack the way we rightfully got Super Mario World redrawn.

I think the Gameboy games have the best aesthetic out of all the Zelda games, the only downside is the font and having no dedicated sword button.
>>
I'd say go for the classic, choose snes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLv3VTB7qA
>>
>>4036648
Going by this video it seems that the GBA version is the best in almost every way but the graphics and sound.
I wonder why no one did a SNES hack implementing the GBA improvements.
>>
>>4037646

Too busy wasting their talents with even more shitty Super Mario World romhacks.
>>
>>4036261
>>4036252
Another fun fact: Ocarina of Time began life as a 3D remake of ALttP. The plan never changed but they later decided to give it a different name as a marketing strategy.
>>
>>4032486
There's no excuse to not play the 3ds version
>>
>>4036648
Wow, that is a long video
>>
>>4033127
>>4034015
>>4036648
Holy shit, that's an extremely significant change to the Ice Palace. That's retarded. If the player is skilled enough to sequence break and figure the alternate way to keep that door open, fucking let them. The intended way to keep that door open was fucking brilliantly-designed.
>>
>>4038181
Sounds incredibly fake. Something a kid made up at a lunch table and you remember.
>>
GBA is really pretty garbage in its own right. It's only selling point was the portability and a handful of good exclusives (which were good despite the hardware, not because of it).
>>
SNES is better

If you apply a voice removal patch and SNES color palette patch, the GBA port comes very close.
>>
>>4038579
>implying you need a Super Famicom color palette patch for the Game Boy Advance version
A Link to the Past doesn't need it.
If you want Super Famicom colors on the Game Boy Advance version, just change the brightness setting on the save select screen and the colors are more or less identical to the Super Famicom version.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.